What's new

Baraka Blood Lunge Tick Throws

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
To anyone else playing Bone Picker Baraka and who are wondering about this here are all of the normals Baraka can cancel off of to tick throw with Blood Lunge:
  • D1
  • F21
  • B3
  • D3
  • D4
  • Jump-in 1
  • Jump-in kick
Be careful using them though, since if an opponent reads it you can get punished with D2 Krushing Blow as Blood Lunge is a high. But enjoy!

denuke

Noob
Sometime after blocked JIK the lunge whiffs (in training mode). IDK why?! Otherwise seems like a pretty strong tool, because it konnects on hit too. Other tick throws with single hit like 1, 2, d3, d4 are impossible for me to konfirm. Do u ever use it?

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Sometime after blocked JIK the lunge whiffs (in training mode). IDK why?! Otherwise seems like a pretty strong tool, because it konnects on hit too. Other tick throws with single hit like 1, 2, d3, d4 are impossible for me to konfirm. Do u ever use it?
D4, sometimes, yeah.

4x4lo8o

Noob
The lower the jk is the more block stun it has. If it has so much block stun that they're still in block stun during the command grab, it'll whiff. It has to work this way, other wise they can't crouch or jump out of the grab. This is a mostly universal command grab feature in fighting games - the opponent can't be in block or hit stun during a grab. It's also why the tick throw only work off certain normals - the normals where it doesn't work have too much block stun.

The jump kick has to hit pretty high to have low enough block stun for the command grab to connect, about shoulder level. If it hits lower than that you have huge frame advantage and can jail them standing so it's better to use something like f21 as a follow up

I use d3, d4, and 1 tick throws a lot. If you think they're going to block your poke and then try to counter poke it's good to do a poke into a tick throw. 1~throw is good after a d3 on hit. You can jail them standing so they have to block the 1, then usually they'll get hit by the grab because they're trying to block the full string. Then if they start trying to jump out of the the grab you can start using the string and blow that up. But the key is that you have to force them to respect your d3 on hit first. If they always press buttons after you land d3 you should just go for 112~spikes. Bone Picker is all about conditioning.

Last edited:

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Is the blood lunge krushing blow not working anymore? When I set the ai to wakeup roll and I punish it with Blood Lunge, it no longer works.
Am I missing something?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Is the blood lunge krushing blow not working anymore? When I set the ai to wakeup roll and I punish it with Blood Lunge, it no longer works.
Am I missing something?
Someone said it was a bug and tagged NRS staff on Twitter so maybe it will be fixed in an upcoming patch? I dunno.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Someone said it was a bug and tagged NRS staff on Twitter so maybe it will be fixed in an upcoming patch? I dunno.
Ye i was even checking other requirements incase they changed it but not the text

Changing the requirement would be my most wanted thing for baraka now that he has the brutal on the back throw now

Or at least alter the hitbox, 9/10 times i read a roll and try it just fly over opponent. If it was just simplified to punish a wakeup be nice but id take alot of diff options over the requirement now

I know there things where if input the command grab on frame of the knockdown youll catch people rolls, but its so obvious when you know mu, just short delay and get full combo, know you dont HAVE to command grab in these situations but more so talking about the requirement/likelyhood of hitting it in match

I guarantee there are baraka players that dont know its even bugged atm because in real games hits so rare anyways

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
@EpicPour It's great you're still posting content and showing off Baraka.

I think for my personal feedback to you:

Given that command grab reaches slightly outside of round start it 100% should never ever be a mid. That wouldn't help Baraka really anyway because the opponent would just be encouraged to jump back a lot more. You could obviously equip spine burst to counter that, but you'd be hurting the loadout you are currently using.

Also buffing a move doesn't really have benefit if you're gonna radically nerf the damage. Command grab damage is fine as is. The only change that could maybe be considered is making it a one slot move. It's one of the better high command grabs because of range and it doesn't automatically side switch.

There's also a range that is optimal for this build where sweep, forward 4, and command grab all reach and at that range you cannot react to the differences between the three cause sweep 14, forward 4 12 and command grab 17 frames.

If you really wanna level up this build I would utilize way more sweep, it's one of your best buttons and more forward 4 leg kebob because of its natural cancel delay it conditions opponents to block more and it's safe anyway if they do block.

Lastly to answer your question, 1,1,2 ex blade spark is safe due to pushback but the minus frames are variable. -8 to -10 so there's nothing that can really be done and by the time many dash up to check you, you can probably down 3 check and definitely duck a throw if they try that.

I really think Blood Lunge should be one slot. If I'm comparing Baraka to the characters who are usually considered top and all of the options that they have; just give him the damn lunge and see what happens. I think he needs a movement buff more than anything but if he isn't going to get that, then the lunge for one works for me.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I am a firm proponent of Blood Lunge turning into a one slot move. However, it does not need to be made a mid, and it does not need a damage reduction.
If it was turned into a one slot move, I think that in and of itself would be enough of a buff. I'd begrudgingly accept Gutted and Lunge being a banned combination of moves, but I think it wouldn't be too much at all.

If Lunge is going to remain a two slot move, then I want the following buffs:

-Give it a MB, for 3% more damage. Giving the move a total of 15% on a MB.

-Give it armor breaking properties, complete with the KB on it gaining the additional trigger of "When this moves breaks armor".