What's new

Tech Bane's Flash Parry

GGA Max

Here's a concept that I always knew existed, but never got around to; Bane's venomed, but meterless "Flash Parry."

What is a Flash Parry?
For those who don't know, a flash parry generally means a character absorbs a hit with a "flash" or armor, and is then able to do excess damage to the opponent because the armored/flashing character recover faster from the trade. In this case Bane's bf2 whiff animation is allowing him to take a hit, and it recovers fast enough to combo these opponents.

The following videos have Bane recorded on auto-pilot while I do common wake-ups with the opponent. These are useful because you can flash parry and combo certain wake-ups, but you are not punished if the opponent chooses a different wake-up.

Example: Bane can flash parry green lantern's lift, but if Bane was trying to do that and green lantern did a mini-gun, Bane would get stuffed. This is why GL is not listed here.

This will be a living list, as I feel it is the future of Bane's oki. Feel free to comment, critique, ask questions. If you find a character that this could be done on, notify me, and I'll give you credit and add it here.

Notes I think are relevant will be posted underneath each video.

Batman
-I use this all the time, very viable
-Bats can't backdash
-If Batman blocks the d1, he can parry the bf2, but the gap is very small

Martian Manhunter
-experimental phase
-able to backdash

Deathstroke
-viable
-can't backdash

Cyborg
-experimental phase
-able to backdash

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I'm not sure I understand this. So you double punch on wakeup, and some wakeups will just eat the armor but give you advantage to combo? Do I have it right? If so, nice. This could be very useful

GGA Max

Yes, exactly. Bane's whiff animation on his double punch recovers significantly faster than the opponent's wake-up move.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This is broken. Good find... lol.

I had this happen to me before in the Martian-Bane match up and I was hoping no one found out. Haha. I hate all the big characters in this game because of things like this..

This is the reason I went Arrow on you instead of Martian.. lol. But I was wrong about Arrow's wake ups against Bane. Haha.

Hey your martian was sick though, definite props. But yeah, mmh wake ups are iffy on Bane; I feel it would be better to just blow up wake ups than go for parry like this: guaranteed, safer, and probably around the same damage with command throw.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hey your martian was sick though, definite props. But yeah, mmh wake ups are iffy on Bane; I feel it would be better to just blow up wake ups than go for parry like this: guaranteed, safer, and probably around the same damage with command throw.

I think this is better if you have the timing down. Don't you get more meterless damage this way?

GGA Max

I think this is (theoretically) safer man, his only option is to backdash, and then the characters are close together and neutral. I know it sucks just getting the 7 or 8% off DP. But as you said the wake ups are iffy; as his teleport blows up the command grab, and he can meter burn b3 a charge or just do an overhead teleport.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even use this yet. But I have experimented on his wake ups normally and yeah, iffy.

I think this is (theoretically) safer man, his only option is to backdash, and then the characters are close together and neutral. I know it sucks just getting the 7 or 8% off DP. But as you said the wake ups are iffy; as his teleport blows up the command grab, and he can meter burn b3 a charge.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even use this yet. But I have experimented on his wake ups normally and yeah, iffy.
Sorry I'm half asleep, so don't judge me lol. So basically you're looking at what setup we can do on certain characters, to stuff or at least trade with them correct? Because I can get a list of a bunch more that d1 into double punch can stuff on wakeup.

GGA Max

Lol its cool.

No, this is about being able to absorb their hit with a *whiffed* bf2 armor, and recovering from this before they do, so that they're still in recovery when you're starting a combo.

The first clip for each character is just that, and the second and third are some typical options that they may do instead on wake-up, but are also safe for bane.

AHHH ok. Yea I can get a few more tomorrow, I've noticed that happen before, and just filed it under more venom shenanigans lol. I'll have to go through the roster to remember who this works on though.

Thanks :) Still some rustiness; been back in practice for 2 weeks after a summer-long hiatus. Need to convert better on d2!
No worries man, it happens haha. Mind me asking, what are you trying to convert from your D2? 113 isn't the greatest string for it. I either go D2 into 123 AA grab, or D2 into j2 123 AA grab depending on the height they're at.

Aaaanyway I'll stop hijacking max's thread haha.

GGA Max

No worries man, it happens haha. Mind me asking, what are you trying to convert from your D2? 113 isn't the greatest string for it. I either go D2 into 123 AA grab, or D2 into j2 123 AA grab depending on the height they're at.

Aaaanyway I'll stop hijacking max's thread haha.
Lol just invite him to the council... or maybe after we reach 100 pages...