What's new

Bane's Big Bad Half-Life Combo Punishment Guide (50% and Up Only!)

GGA Max

Guys, I am sick of seeing little shitty bane punishes like d1 xx dp. Were ALL guilty of it, on blast for resorting to special moves as punishes because that's like 70% of our gameplan -_-...

Rule of thumb: Any combo involving lvl 3 venom + mbb3/f3 will = 50%+
This character's combo potential is fantastic, lets apply it!

This thread will be the place for character specific punishes (and special move punishes) that make your opponent rage.

Help me fill this list. Be specific, so the other Banes know exactly in what *practical* scenario you can punish a special/normal/blocked or whiffed/etc

Note: this is NOT and oki thread! We have enough of those already.

Submit yours, for the betterment of the Bane community. Whether its a new combo, or a new place a currently mentioned combo applies. Help out!

Abbreviate for short:
Combo 'A' = 113 xx (go to level 3) xx mbb3 + some ender
Combo 'B' = (go to level 3) mbf3 BodySplash + some ender *
Combo 'C' = 1 xx (go to level 3) xx mbb3 + some ender
Combo 'D' = B2 xx (go to level 3) xx mbb3 + some ender **
Combo 'E' = F2d xx (go to level 3 or be there already) xx mbb3 + some ender

*Using the first hit to armor thru something gives less damage, might not be above 50%, this is best on whiff, the first hit will do 11*1.5*1.5 = 24.75% LOL
**Changed from B23xx... to B2xx... because b23xx... scales and b2xx.. does more damage

Aquaman:
Block and Punish with 'A'
-Scoop
-From the Deep (close range)

Ares:
Almost any string cancelled into Godsmack, before the godsmack; Punish with 'B' or 'C' (C only works for non-ex GS)

Any whiffed Godsmack can be punished with all options.

Bane:

Batgirl:
Crouch block batwheel, Batgirl goes for the high (horizontal kick): Whiff punish with 'A'
Stand block batwheel, Batgirl goes for overhead option: Block & Punish with 'A'
Block and Punish Smoke Bomb with 'A'

Batman:
Batman whiffs parry, punish with 'A' or (easier) 'D'
Block & punish or whiff punish slide kick with 'D'

Black Adam:
Whiffed Lightning Cage, punish with 'D'

Catwoman:
Block & punish Catdash with 'A' .... EX Catdash can be punished with 'A' from 3/4 of the screen and less

Cyborg:
Block & punish Power Fist with 'A'

Deathstroke:
Block & punish Sword Flip with 'A'

Doomsday:

Flash:
Block & punish Lightning Uppercut with 'A'

Green Arrow:

Green Lantern:
Block and punish lift with 'A'

Dash forward through b13 xx(dash here)xx rockets and punish with 'A'

Harley:

Hawkgirl:

Joker:

Killer Frost:

Lex:
Block & punish Corp Charge with 'A'

Lobo:

MMH:
Overhead Teleport whiffs, whiff punish with 'B'

Nightwing:

Raven:

Scorpion:
Let teleport punch whiff under you as you neutral jump d3 into 'A'

Shazam:
Block torpedo move, punish with 'A'
Jump on Shazam with jd3 as he completes a forward teleport, convert into 'A'

Sinestro:
Block & punish or whiff punish arachnid sting with 'A'

Solomon Grundy:

Superman:
Block scoop, punish with 'A'
Let rising grab whiff, punish with 'C'

Wowo:
Block & punish regular Shield Bash with 'A'

Amazonian Uppercut on whiff, punish with 'C'

Zatanna:

Zod:
Block & punish Zod charge with 'A'

Last edited:
Dunno how viable any of these are, but here are some punishes that I've had success with:
  1. Punish WoWo's Lasso Spin with option B.
  2. Punish DS's Sword Flip with option A or b23, 123+any ender
  3. Punish Scorpion's Standing Teleport with neutral jd3 into a full combo or option A (neutral jd3 as Scorpion teleports. Bane will connect as he's landing and you can combo into it)
  4. Punish Shazam's wakeup teleports by jumping back and doing jd3 into option A or b23, 123+ender
  5. Punish Batman parry with b23 xx mbb3 j2 12+ender (since Batman's parry only parries high/mid)
  6. Punish Zod Charge with option A
Edit: I just realized that you were looking for punishes 50% and higher, my bad!

Last edited:

Hades

Noob
Green lantern: blocked lift can be punished by options A and D. B1, 3 rocket power set up can be dashed out of and punished with option A.

Aquaman: blocked trident scoop can be punished with options A and D. Close range from the deep can also be punished by options A and D. Bear in mind aquaman can trait out of these punishes.

Batgirl: blocked smoke bomb can be punished with options A and D.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You know, its funny but I've taken 2 too many shots to do this reliably so its all on you mate.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Other than D2/D3 = Combo A and Combo B for any string canceled into God Smack for Ares, that's about all I can think of. Everything else is knowing his gaps and when to armor through.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Both options A and C will do for a blocked Superman Super. High level players don't seem to use his Super much, but on-line ones get tired of getting oki raped and will try to wake up with it. And A and C work everytime should you scout it :)

I will also promote option E: on lvl 3 F2Dxxmbbb3+some ender. Fabulous for Grundy's :D

Error

DF2+R2
Wonder Woman
I believe regular shield charge and I believe lasso spin can be punished by option A
Amazonian uppercut probably option C

Cyborg
Power fist can be punished with option A

Catwoman
Punish catdash with A as well

GGA Max

Catwoman
Punish catdash with A as well
Do you know what range catdash and ex catdash can be punished by our 9 frame standing 1... I know not full screen...? @GGA 16 Bit

Both options A and C will do for a blocked Superman Super. High level players don't seem to use his Super much, but on-line ones get tired of getting oki raped and will try to wake up with it. And A and C work everytime should you scout it :)

I will also promote option E: on lvl 3 F2Dxxmbbb3+some ender. Fabulous for Grundy's :D
E is in :) however I couldn't add the Superman super because he's slighlt airborn at the end.

Black Adam. If you read a lightning cage you can backdash and dash back in while still using option D.
Ares after a whiffed godsmack pretty much any option works haha.
Hawkgirl punish mace charge by doing jump back jd3 and then A.
Batman on blocked or whiffed slide I use option D.
Sinestro blocked Arachnid you can pretty much do anything.
Lex Corp Charge option A works.

Type some more later I'm rather lazy at the moment.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
E is in :) however I couldn't add the Superman super because he's slighlt airborn at the end.
True he is airborne. I do know that you can do 113xxsuper when supes is set to reveral super and it will connect for over 50%. I honestly need to work the bbmb's into my game more.

GGA Max

True he is airborne. I do know that you can do 113xxsuper when supes is set to reveral super and it will connect for over 50%. I honestly need to work the bbmb's into my game more.
I would put the super combos, but they always = above 50%. Its cool man, every little bit helps.

Very cool.
Do you mind explaining option 1; Are you saying while she's waking up, let her whiff the lasso spin or armor thru?
WoWo has invincibility frames on wakeup, right? If you let the armor from the mbb3 absorb the hit first, that should allow the b3 to hit. Otherwise, you can space yourself so that she whiffs and you can safely b3 her anyway.

EDIT: This are mostly head theories, will test in practice later

EDIT #2: Both armoring and spacing the b3 will punish lasso spin

Last edited: