What's new

Bane venom double cooldown bug

Gamer68

Fujin!
Basically if you have venom activated and go into a clash, it puts you into an instant cooldown state it seems. Okay, fine, whatever.

But I just got out of a match as Bane when I decided to -- despite the fact that I shouldn't have -- activated Level 3 venom. It backfired on me of course. So great, I'm stuck in Level 3 venom cooldown. I'm just trying to pressure the opponent and waste cooldown time, it's almost over, but he does a clash. We get out of the clash, and I noticed that my venom cooldown metered reset and it's back at the beginning. Seriously?

I understand that Bane's venom is supposed to have issues because of how good it can be. But I feel he suffers WAY to much when he uses his venom, and this just makes it worse. Level 3 venom is already almost useless. Level 2 is just activated sometimes to keep the armor going. Level 1 just has 1-hit of armor going for it, of course.

Having to sit throw a cooldown while still having to try HARD to pressure the opponent (it get's harder against zoners of course), only for them to pop clash and make you sit through double cooldown is just a bit much.

Not a bug, sadly. Just a pretty BS game mechanic. Everyone had their trait CD reset during any cinematic if it was on CD going into it. This just happens to screw bane harder than the rest of the cast.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I can see the cooldown freezing until the cinematic ends so it just starts wherever it left off, but resetting completely has GOT TO BE unintentional. If it isn't it needs to be rethought, because there is no reason this should happen to anyone. Again, I'm on board with cinematics not eating the timer up, but totally restarting it is a huge issue. For any character.

I'm an Atrocitus main, so I was rooting for Tekken Master at CB, but watching Bio lose to the infinite debuff timer was incredibly depressing and def a Not Like This moment.

I love Bane and you could see how hyped the crowd was when Bio pulled him out, diversity is something the game needs to strive for and this weird decision/bug/whatever is doing it's part to kill that diversity.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I play Catwoman so I don't even suffer from this but still think it's absurd cinematics reset trait cooldowns. Intended meta or not.

Definitely hurts Bane players the worst as it stands.

Last edited:

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I play GA quite often and his arrows go back to Plain arrows every Clash. It's annoying. I haven't tested with Boxing Glove arrow but I'm pretty sure that resets too. Rip meter