What's new

General/Other Bane patch notes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Things relevant to Bane

Online Instant Rematch Option - You now have the option to rematch instantly or to rematch and select new characters/background after an online player match.

This is just awesome and very welcome.

Building Meter - Slightly reduced the amount of meter gain on specials that can be canceled.

Opponents who use cancelled attacks to build meter at a distance don't have as much of an advantage.

Directional Hard Attacks
· Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
· You now take 50% less damage when hit during the armored portion of a Meter Burned directional Hard Attack.

A decently big nerf for Bane, and a buff at the same time. Bane's f.3 and b.3 have incredible reach and mix-up potential, so we can use this to help us fend people off on rushdown. At the same time, it also means we can no longer be reckless with our armor usage because we will no longer be trading in our favour. Level 3 proper management just became even more vital than ever.

Frame Data Corrections – Multiple Frame Data Corrections.

Lets see what unfolds.

Throw Immunity – Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.

This means some character now lack a grab-immune attack. As it just so happens, this means Batman, KF, GL... no longer have attacks that can avoid BP on wake-up. This is also an indirect buff to our super since now it'll properly function on a lot of characters whom it would previously fail.

Meter Burning Through Interactive Object Damage – Fixed an issue where some Interactive Objects were still inflicting splash damage after the opponent armored through them.

This also affects us because pretty much everything we have is armored. Less damage from interactables = good for Bane.

Character Changes

Ares
· Improved the hit box on the Divine Order (Medium, Medium) combo.
· It is no longer possible to interrupt his Annihilator super move after is has connected.
· You can now Meter Burn the Warp Transmission special move to improve the recovery time.
· By holding towards during the Front Warp Transmission, you will now teleport further away from your opponent.
· By holding away during the Behind Warp Transmission, you will now teleport away from your current position.

Basically turned from a 3-7 to a 6-4, we now no longer have the ability to shit on his wake-up all the time and are basically fighting an armor-clad Zatanna with slightly less punish damage and slightly worse projectile game... He can now play keep-away somewhat, we'll have to see the distances. If it has the recovery of Zatanna's teleport then we are shafted.

Bane
· Bane now takes 95%, 85%, 70% damage while in Venom Boost (character power) levels 1, 2, 3 respectively.
· Bane can now apply a Meter Burn to the Venom Uppercut when it misses the opponent or is blocked.
· During the Meter Burn Venom Uppercut, Bane no longer has extended armor after the move is complete.
· Improved hitbox on Infinite Crisis combo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32).

Damage reduction will help remedy the MB b.3 problem and make us a juggernaut in the meantime.
Applying a MB VU on block or miss is huge in some MUs, the loss of "extended armor" makes me wonder. More research needed. f.2.d.3 being a move that already reaches about 50% of the total screen in pure distance gets both a hitbox improvement so the 3 won't miss AND its only -8 with a low-lying hitbox. This looks solid. Workable, but not overpowering. We'll see what the next set of buffs brings in.

Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)

This match is no longer a 2-8 MU, we don't care about BM honestly and MB lightning having some advantage drop is nice for us. The main benefit is the loss of backdash. Before we had trouble staying in, but if the changes are what they look like, this could go way down. Discussable later on.

Deathstroke
· The Enhanced Reflexes (character power) activation time has been reduced to 60 frames (down from 85 frames), lasts 3 seconds (down from 5 seconds), and has a cool down of 6 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
· Bullets fired during the Enhanced Reflexes character power now perform less damage.
· The Eye for an Eye super move now has 9 additional frames of armor.

Unblockable bullets are faster, but they deal less damage and have a bigger cooldown with less duration. This means that we don't have the threat of 40% unclashable unblockable damage coming in, I feel it could be 5-5 now.

Flash
· Improved the hit box on the Flying Uppercut special move.
· Slightly increased damage scaling.
· His crouching Medium attack now has a block advantage of -11 (down from +1) and has increased recovery frames when it misses.
· His Speed Zone super move now performs 34.5% damage (down from 38.5%)
· Fixed an issue that allowed Flash’s Flying Uppercut to pass through some characters without dealing any damage.
· Fixed an issue where interrupting the Time Loop (character power) would sometimes result in the background color staying corrupted.

More damage scaling, an unsafe d.1... Combined with our own venom damage reductions, I feel this could venture into 3-7 lands depending on how much scaling this is.

Killer Frost
· Successfully performing a Frostbite parry on an opponent’s armored attack will now remove the armor.

Still only a 6-4, but now she can't milk our armor for more damage. Not too shabby.

Lobo
· The Hook Charge special move now hits as an overhead, has an improved startup of 13 frames (down from 16), and has improved viability as a wakeup attack.
· The Meter Burn version of the Hook Charge now has 2 hits of armor.
· Now loads two rounds for his Nuclear Shells character power (up from 1).
· All Pump Shot blasts now have extended reach when Nuclear Shells are loaded.
· When a Nuclear Shell is loaded, the 2nd Meter Burn Pump Shot blast will have significantly increased damage.
· The Main Man super move now hits the opponent overhead.

This guy will become a problem, and fast. Hook charge mainly, we will need to be very generous with our pressure or we will crumble under his.

Solomon Grundy
· The Pain Chain (Character Power) can no longer be parried.
· Increased the damage on both the regular and Meter Burn versions of Grundy’s Grave Rot Special Attack.
Grundy is still our bitch toast, but I'm happy to see his trait get back its non-parry status.

Superman
· The Meter Burn version of the Flying Punch now has 2 hits of armor.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
· The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
· The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
· Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move.

These are decent. Increased scaling + venom reductions means a decent amount. His super having 5 frames means more than one might think, basically we aren't getting punished for doing DP. Lazers having increased recovery is great for us. f.2 hitbox changes might be great also, we'll need to see.

Zatanna
· Activating Sargon’s Hat Stance (Character Power) no longer forces the end of a ground combo.
· Loosened the input requirements of her Teleport moves.
· You can now only cancel her Levitate twice during a ground combo.
· The Meter Burn version of her Fire Kiss can no longer be ducked by certain characters.
· Catwoman and Wonder Woman can no longer parry her Ground Magic special move (in Sargon’s Hat Stance) while standing.
· Reduced the start up frames of her ducking Medium attack to 8 (down from 10)
· Reduce the start up frames of her jumping Light attack to 6 (down from 8).
· The Master Puppet special move now works correctly online.
· Increased the size of the hitbox on the second hit of her Multi Kick special move so that some characters can no longer duck under it.
· Fixed an issue that allowed you to perform an infinite combo with Zatanna on larger characters.

No more infinite, but still huge trouble. Still a 3-7 MU. We have to play this one carefully.

Theres our notes, so I guess go ahead and discuss it amongst yourselves.
PND_Mustard

chief713
Doombawkz
big_aug
AK Black Preon
Grr
AA25Mamba
-Deadman-
BiPolarExxpress
LEGI0N47
Maxintensity25
Error
Dog With A Beer
shaowebb
AK coolcmcgee
SUPARNOVAX

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
MB b3/f3 buffs is huge against bane. It kinda changes the metagame now. We always have to be weary of any opponent with meter, so against a competent opponent we will have to be a little more passive/reactionary with our armor usage. Kinda sucks, but the game was bound to change

Other than that not too much to talk about. Ares isnt free anymore. Vupper buff only helps certain situations unless it gives raging charge push back on block. f2d3 is great now. BA mu is nearing 5-5. Flash still shits on bane. Lobo will start messing up any bane that thinks he can play his old game against him.

Not much to say or see here, just that banes have to play different now because of the MB b3/f3 buffs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically we can't be braindead banes anymore. Good summary. As far as MB b.3, we get more benefit than harm because of ours coming out slightly slower it means we get the armor benefit AND the follow-up attack. Also, lots of pretty snazzy mix-ups to be had.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I agree, I actually think this is a better road to go down for bane players. We use less venom for offense, spend less meter push blocking, spend more meter on MB b3/f3's, hopefully become more patient as a whole.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'm going to wait till next week to see how it really plays out.

In the mean time I'll say that I'm quite pleased with the patch notes for the most part. Especially some of the nerfs taken by some of our most challenging MU's. Particulary BM losing his throw immune and taking a hit on B23. But we'll see with all of them in actual action and then decide. There's to much BS being spewed today.

I'm still curious if our B3 will be faster based off what they've said during the teaser tweet since F2D3 shares the exact same animation as our B3. Personally I'd love that because we have one of the slowest B3's and top contentder for slowest F3. Yes I know they have good range, but so do many other chars, some farther, and theirs is twice as fast.

I also feel there may be some undercover changes as well and we'll have to be on the look out.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I don't think the MB b.3 thing hurts Bane much at all. It's always been a problem in the neutral game and we shut it down on wakeup. I don't see how it makes us play any differently.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't want a faster b.3 (unless its combo-able) because the fact that its slow lets us override other people's MB b.3s

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I wonder how the MB stinger on block will effect the Green Arrow vs Bane options? I'll need to see what its frames are once this drops. It wont change things completely but he has a new trick.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Honestly with how far b.3 goes, we could be using it a lot more often on wake-ups.
Ive been adjusting my play style since the patch notes were released in preparation for the changes and banes b3 might be my new favorite move opposite body press. The hitbox on that thing is ridiculous, like a slight smaller version of MMH psionic push.

Also I take back what I said about the MB b3/f3 changes being a nerf to bane. Now I feel its just an indirect(still a nerf if you dont wana change with the game, sometimes you will have to not be a monster on wake up and just bait out the mb b3). Wont we get the 50% damage reduction as well as whatever amount of damage reduction we are getting from venom(As long as we have meter and venom we can make using interactables against bane completely useless). Bane has an easy cross up f3/b3 on a hard knockdown off of any background bounce interactable(I feel this is the best way to use the cross up f3/b3 because its the only one I know of so far off a knockdown that cant be teched)which leads to multiple bnb's, and gives you tons of time to add as much venom as you would like before you start your combo. How much damage will we be able to get if me spend a bar to add 50% to our cross up f3/b3(I ask because you seem to have the math already figured out)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ive been adjusting my play style since the patch notes were released in preparation for the changes and banes b3 might be my new favorite move opposite body press. The hitbox on that thing is ridiculous, like a slight smaller version of MMH psionic push.

Also I take back what I said about the MB b3/f3 changes being a nerf to bane. Now I feel its just an indirect(still a nerf if you dont wana change with the game, sometimes you will have to not be a monster on wake up and just bait out the mb b3). Wont we get the 50% damage reduction as well as whatever amount of damage reduction we are getting from venom(As long as we have meter and venom we can make using interactables against bane completely useless). Bane has an easy cross up f3/b3 on a hard knockdown off of any background bounce interactable(I feel this is the best way to use the cross up f3/b3 because its the only one I know of so far off a knockdown that cant be teched)which leads to multiple bnb's, and gives you tons of time to add as much venom as you would like before you start your combo. How much damage will we be able to get if me spend a bar to add 50% to our cross up f3/b3(I ask because you seem to have the math already figured out)
Our highest BnB as far as optimized goes would be a cross-up MB b.3 into j.2 123 Ring Toss so that would be some... 37-38%/41-42%/47-48%/56-57% at each venom level. The 50% bonus stacks with the venom bonus, so we are actually getting even more benefit than anyone else with the change.