What's new

Guide Bane parry guide

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Bane gets armor on his f2 and f2d at level three. While its main use is armoring through wake ups and catching people for big damage if they are blocking low/jumping, it can also be used as a parry making using certain strings a liability against a bane(not on debuff)that knows his options. With this parry bane normally gets 44% unclashable for f2dxxMBB3, B3 but he can also dash cancel for bigger damage and even raw super against certain strings. If bane doesnt have two bars he can still f2dxxBP for 32%. Also remember if you CANT POSSIBLY go lvl3(there are many MU/meter/life situations where a debuff will lose you the game, if you play bane you need to identify these quickly)you can do a reversal DP in any of these situations and get a knockdown to start pressure.

The guides base was the batman parry guide(was a big help batman forum, great work done early in the games life. Props)so I will be using the dash in the notation as the parry

Aquaman
b12x-xFTD, f1x-xFTD(F2d the gap that canceling into f2d creates)
112-3
F1-32

Ares
Not familiar with ares gimmicks or his flowchart, needs more information
22-3

Bane
I play bane and I really hate the bane mirror so other bane players can find this out on their own. The person who knows what can be parried and when to do it would EASILY dominate this MU btw

Batman
B23(-) You can f2d dash the last hit of b23, which hits three times, but you dont get a free punish. If you think batman will press a button immediately after he does b23 then you can just parry with f2 and hit him out of it, but if he holds back you get punished. If you think he will jump you can f2d~dash and ring toss. Anything else you can f2d~dash BP. You can also f2d~dash into another f2d, but this comes out a a speed that can be reacted to so beware(though if the batman doesnt know you can parry the last hit he will probly get clipped at least the first time)

All 1~strings can just be punished if the one is ducked
11-3
my training partner is back at VT, needs more info

Black Adam
d1x-xlow lighting(with d1xxMBlow lighting the timing is a bit rough for the full f2d, if its too difficult for you its much more safe to just DP and keep pressure).
d1x-xlighting storm

1-3
22-3

Catwoman
Not familiar with catwoman gameplan or her flowchart, needs more information
Not even sure who to talk to for this, ill watch some catwoman footage when I update this

Cyborg
Not familiar with Cyborg gameplan that bane doesnt already blow up
Needs more information, will talk to/play Relaxed State for the update of this

Deathstroke
Found nothing along the lines of this type of parry, but I found another parry for his wake ups that isnt as viable as the Max parry

Doomsday
You can f2d supernova for an easy punish, just charge f2d as soon as he leaves the screen. You take 5-7 damage for doing this though so it cant be used for the magic pixel

Can parry the second hit of upward venom. You do have to know if you are going to be crossed up or not to get the f2d to come out though

12-3
B1-3

Flash
Cant parry anything useful, flash just wins this pick someone else
F21-3

Green Arrow
GA's post patch stinger has the same delay mechanic that Banes post patch Vupper has. If GA chooses to delay the overhead in stinger you can f2d punish it, but since you cant tell if he will or not its best to just block and be ready to DP the gap if he allows one

Green Lantern
B1-2
B1-3
F2-D1
For b1 into minigun you can just 113xx after you block the one, no need to parry

Harley Quinn
Didnt find anything of use here. As a side note you can backdash tantrum stance to kartwheel and gunshots.

Hawkgirl
D1x-xmace charge
12-B3
F1-3

Also dont forget that ALL of HG's wake ups are free to f2d even without armor.

Joker
Next time I play Thel i'll take notes on what jokers use a bunch and see if any of its able to be parries, as of right now that just doesnt fit the gameplan against joker

Killer Frost
If you have two bars F2D the slide. Its about sending a message

Other than that there isnt much I found, its another honest fight.

Lex Luthor
B12x-xgrav pull, f2x-xgrav pull
11-3

Nightwing
Escrima:
Cant remember what NW does in Escrima stance, I will have to talk/play pryce to update this part
11-2

Staff:
Stance switch cancels into staff spin can be broken by reversal DP's, stance switch cancels into ground pound can be full parry punished.
1, f1x-xGround pound

Raven
D1x-xsoul crush
22-3
Stopped really looking after d1xxsoul crush

Shazam
2-2
Not much else. Didnt look hard though, dont think bane needs anything here

Sinestro
Nothing of use, just gotta play the MU

Solomon Grundy
d2x-xtrait(MB as well), d2x-xdead air
112x-xMBswamp hands, 112x-xMBclever, 112x-xtrait, 112x-xdead air
f13x-xtrait, ect
Any cancel into WC

Grave rot may interrupt these, but in my testing it didnt.

Superman
Didnt find anything useful as far as this parry goes, but super breath counts as a projectile for whatever reason

Wonderwoman
Lasso Stance
3-3
You can parry d1xxstraight tiara but I dont see much point since the tiara whiffs if the d1 is blocked.

Sword Stance:
11-2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still need info on the DLC as well as more info on the original cast.

With basically all d1xxspecials that you can parry the gap will be too quick to add venom unless you know its coming. I dont doubt people of high skill being able to go to level three on reaction in that amount of time, but most will need to already be in level three to parry a d1xxspecial(or know its coming, something any player can do).

The best combo to do I believe is f2dxxMBB3, j2, 123xxring toss for 61%. The only time I could see you not wanting to go for that or the unclashable combo is if you dont have two bars. In that case max damage is f2dxxBP(if you dont have time to dash cancel)or f2d~dash, b23, 123xxbp

lets discuss

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Also a reminder here, when you dash cancel your f2d(or any dash)you can press down to cancel the dash so you can block and perform normals/specials earlier. You dont really lose much distance from the canceling the dash(from full screen if you dash twice you will be less than a character space away from the opponent. If you dash cancel you will be just inside f2 range, meaning you will need another character space to be withing d1/2 range.). With this its possible to get two single hits of armor very close together.

F2D Might be able to function like a 3rd strike style parry against annoying pokey normals, needs more live testing but I think it can be put into real senarios with enough practice

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
CatWoman can dodge his wake up punch and his wake up uppercut by holding down b3 and can mb b3 if catwoman players sense Bain about to grapple her.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
CatWoman can dodge his wake up punch and his wake up uppercut by holding down b3 and can mb b3 if catwoman players sense Bain about to grapple her.
Actually are you on xbl? What im looking for here are any strings or cancels that catwoman has that can be interrupted. To further this guide id also like to find out what pokes and jump ins f2d can be used as a parry for, and for that id rather play a good catwoman to see exactly what she would use in the MU

Also when using b3 to dodge the uppercut, what happens when the bane player MBs the upper? Also what happens if he delays the MB? In regard to a normal b3 and also a MBB3

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
For Ares, F1,D3 and 3,3 (IIRC) are interruptable by Bane even though you'll never see these strings in a real match. Also, any string ending with God Smack can be beat on block or hit.

Ra Helios

Actually are you on xbl? What im looking for here are any strings or cancels that catwoman has that can be interrupted. To further this guide id also like to find out what pokes and jump ins f2d can be used as a parry for, and for that id rather play a good catwoman to see exactly what she would use in the MU

Also when using b3 to dodge the uppercut, what happens when the bane player MBs the upper? Also what happens if he delays the MB? In regard to a normal b3 and also a MBB3
(1.) when Bane uppercut CatWoman she can dodge it by holding B3.

If bane do decide to Mb uppercut Catwoman she can cancel the holding b3 move under him while he is still in the air and punish bane doing a damage of 46% or less if he has venom on.

If you delay the mb uppercut she can still go underneath him and punish him.

(2.) The overhead bf2 I believe wake up. CatWoman can hold b3 and punish bane with and without his venom

(3.) Bane also has the unblock able grab. On wake up if a catwoman player can read it she can hold b3 and mb it and punish bane grapple with and without his venom.

Yes I have xbox live but we have to fight later because I have people want to play me on live today. Probable tommorw. I hope You don't mind me using a broken iiresponsive d-pad controller?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Assuming you have the meter.
And the Bane doesn't just block since you're sitting there holding a mid-hitting b.3.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
For Ares, F1,D3 and 3,3 (IIRC) are interruptable by Bane even though you'll never see these strings in a real match. Also, any string ending with God Smack can be beat on block or hit.
Thanks, I always just DP/Vupper godsmack resets, but f2d is definitely a better option I never considered cause im bad lol

Ra Helios

No bane uses MBB3? Or have you never played a bane that MBB3's other MBB3's? Saying things like that make me think you have no grasp of this MU at all, and that you play people who are poop at this game.
If I hold b3 no bane player will do a b3.

Ra Helios

I would do a b.3 since you wouldn't be able to backdash it meaning I get my combo no matter what.
Dude I can say the same thing. Once you respect my b3 I can do a hard knock down reset and take your whole life bar

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Dude I can say the same thing. Once you respect my b3 I can do a hard knock down reset and take your whole life bar
But I don't have to respect your b.3.
Because I can b.3 it, disrespectfully, if I see you holding it waiting for me.

Otherwise I peg you with a DP before you get low enough to miss. Its one or the other, either you're too low to hit and making it obvious and easy to counter with my own Mb b.3, or you're trying to sneak it in and I can tap your noggin because you aren't low enough to avoid it.

Also in the heat of a match, you won't be thinking clear enough to do it. Its easy to point out from the sidelines, but not so much so to take care of in-match when you have other factors to look at.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Well I most definitely think the B3 thing can be done reliably in the heat of a match if thats your character and you practice it(I think timing your b3s to come out right when they wake up isn't that hard either, and wouldn't tell the move at all. Be about as hard as timing 113 to stuff certain wake ups), and I see what Ra means once you respect the B3 it opens up her oki vs bane

So when bane is knocked down its not safe to wake up grab or charge unless catwoman has no meter or bane is lvl 3..so its probably best to go for random DP's and uppercuts then. Once she has a bar its not safe to do any wake up against her b3, but since she can't just let it rip if she wants to dodge DP does that mean bane has time for an OS? Like d1xxVupper? If he has time to get it out that would stop ant guessing bane has to do with one move right?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well I most definitely think the B3 thing can be done reliably in the heat of a match if thats your character and you practice it(I think timing your b3s to come out right when they wake up isn't that hard either, and wouldn't tell the move at all. Be about as hard as timing 113 to stuff certain wake ups), and I see what Ra means once you respect the B3 it opens up her oki vs bane

So when bane is knocked down its not safe to wake up grab or charge unless catwoman has no meter or bane is lvl 3..so its probably best to go for random DP's and uppercuts then. Once she has a bar its not safe to do any wake up against her b3, but since she can't just let it rip if she wants to dodge DP does that mean bane has time for an OS? Like d1xxVupper? If he has time to get it out that would stop ant guessing bane has to do with one move right?
Basically she is holding a b.3 and waiting for you to make your move. You don't have time to do much of anything, but as I've said you can Mb b.3 her in retaliation and she can't backdash it or beat it out. As for the b.3 thing being done reliably, you have to get a very specific knockdown in a very specific situation and hope the Bane doesn't decide to go ham on you or isn't already doing so and also has no meter.

Oh, and yes if you have venom you can do d.1 charge and she can't fight it off because your armor will outlast hers iirc.