What's new

Bane Living Match-up FAQ

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Detailed here is one the most important pieces of information needed to do well, match-ups. Each opponent we may face has a post in this format.

Openers- Their usual opening moves and how to counter & win by first move.

Punishes- Ways to punish their unsafe moves.

Anti airing- How to deal with their air options.

Their game plan- What the opponent wants to do to shut you down.

Strategy-Your strategy to deal with them and come out on top.

Knock Down Control- How to keep them down once you get them there.

Char specific details- Specific combos and set-ups you can use against the character.

Note: Numbers placed after a move, in order, are: Start-up frames, Active Frames, Recovery Frames, and advantage on Block.

As a quick intro, I’ve been playing Grapplers from a little while. From Arcs games, KOF, SFV etc. Now I’m here. Some of this information will be mostly solutions that come to me as someone that’s played this archetype for a while.

Quite a few regulars here know more Bane specific info than I do. I welcome everyone to chime in! At the end of the day I’d like this to reach the level where we have an entire post for each character; in-depth information, and relevant match videos included! With my updates, and the community’s support, we can make something truly helpful.

Last edited:

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
EDIT: I'll be waiting until summer jam to continue.
SuperMan

Openers-

Punishes
Flying punch - whiff: B23. Block: 11
Flying Smash- 11

Anti Airing-
In neutral Superman doesn't really have any relevant air fakeouts, or normals, that blow up our D2 or venom uppercut.
If you hard read a back jump depending on the distance venom charge, or j.1 chase.

His game plan
-
His zoning isn't really hard to handle, especially compared to certain other zoners in the game.

His projectiles are Heat Zap (39, 51, N/A, 9), a straight moving beam, that will whiff if you duck; and Heat Vision(27, 17, 15, -28), a sweeping laser, that hits overhead on MB. Duck the zaps and lasers while slowly inching forwards, don't forget to stand if He has a bar while using vision. If he's using air lasers (26, 13, 44, -52) you can gain a little more ground, before the next projectile.

Your goal is to slowly inch your way towards MB dash distance. At this sweet spot, reading a grounded projectile will net you a 11 punish, or force them to block it, at worst. If you get through an air laser that's a free B23 punish. If he's jumping a lot for Heat vision, follow with a j.1.

Once he starts respecting these options and sits to chill a bit, you can cover a lot more ground and move freely. Always keep in mind to not be too out there with your advances. He still has F23.

To be continued...

Knock Down Strategy-
Rising Grab- on block I find it safer to simply 11. If you hard read and make it whiff, punish with whatever you want.
MB B3- Neutral jump D3
Dash Back- If closer Bane Bomb options will cover back dash attempts. If farther away, forward dash and 11.

On my first few knockdowns I like to stick to armored Bane Bomb to see their tendencies on wakeup. Bane Bomb will blow up normals and flying punch. Rising grab won't get caught in Bane Bomb, but you can still get off a 11. If you notice they like to do shit on wake up, look to wait on their wake up for a full combo punish.

If they're just clicking buttons just use well timed B23s (always buffer the direction input for Bane Bomb incase you see them block) and 11s to rack up damage.

To be continued...

Char Specific Details-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder Woman

Openers-

Punishes-

Anti Airing-

Her game plan-

Strategy-

Char Specific Details-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reserved

Last edited: