What's new

Tech Bane debuff reset

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hello all, this is some video footage of something I've come across.

As it is, when Bane gets hit by an animation or clash, his venom goes into debuff. However, there are some new things that have come along that peak my interest. Namely, if we get hit by either in debuff, the debuff timer runs itself out in the animation and the damages dealt/received go back to normal non-debuffed amounts.

As you can see here. Clashing at the beginning of level 3 buff makes the damage miniscule, but the damage when debuffed is normal because the timer counts as running out mid-animation.

"Low on venom?"
"You'll see >:]"

Now comes the interesting bit. The cooldown remains as 2 seconds. I had a theory that the game was resetting the venom timer from level 3 to level 1 debuff mid-animation if the venom cooldown timer would run out normally, since we were still read as being in "debuff" and the game would set said debuff into the lowest amount it had.

With it came some interesting bits of technology that I'll present to you.

As you can see in this video, the venom debuff 1 makes our b.23 do 8%. At level 3 debuff, it makes it do 3%. After the level 3 venom debuff transition, however, our debuff makes b.23 do 8% again, thus confirming my theory.

Here is an optimized combo to show a way in which we could get decent damage and still reset the venom from 3 to 1, allowing for continued pressure without the huge loss in damage.

This is showing that any animation, not just transitions, will trigger this effect. Supers included, meaning Bane could potentially score a decently high damage combo at level 3, end in super, and be back to level 1 debuff instead of ensuring level 3 so long as he lands it as debuff is coming on. This shows he still gets some decent damage (15%, then the debuff occurs, and then a 10% ender which is normal damage).

colt

If you are going to take this away from us, it'll make me sad :( We are one of the few characters who are punished for using our trait, and the only ones whom depend on it for our gameplay to work in total. This isn't a freebe, we have to have specific situations to make it happen or spend all of our meter to forgo the situation, which to me seems like a fair trade. Likewise since we lose our trait in the event of a clash as it is, we shouldn't be punished for it by making us lose everything both on and out of venom.

But I am a man whom is not one to hide tech that may not have been intended. I have no regrets in this. I've pleaded my case, but I leave it to you.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Essentially this works with any cinematic that occurs during debuff right?
So a quick summary is...
  1. go into debuff of any level
  2. either get clashed or do a stage transition
  3. come out the other side still listed in debuff but NOT suffering from the proper amount of damage debuff on your attacks
Yeah its pretty powerful stuff to know. Definitely couldn't have been intended. I leave it to NRS to decide if this stays or goes because this is bringing back flashbacks to MVC3 vanilla's DHC glitch unscaling combos after cinematics. A bit different but still seeing cinematics allow you to get damage you shouldn't be is familiar territory for all those who suffered it before in other games regardless of how it worked.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Get clashed, Clash someone else, do a stage transition, get hit by a stage transition, get hit with a super, land your super on debuffs of any level will instantly reset your debuff level to 1.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Get clashed, Clash someone else, do a stage transition, get hit by a stage transition, get hit with a super, land your super on debuffs of any level will instantly reset your debuff level to 1.
The debuff of lvl 1 is so negligible that it doesn't really matter a lot so yeah this is some busted stuff.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The debuff of lvl 1 is so negligible that it doesn't really matter a lot so yeah this is some busted stuff.
Its expensive though, and the transition will only matter if we are near an area that allows it. Even then, we are losing out on a lot of damage by waiting until the end instead of taking the full transition damage. We are trading tons of meter and damage in order to avoid going through the big debuff.

I'd say its fair, not busted.

GGA Max

Right, but it looks like the damage done from a clash (when the clash started in a debuff level) is the level one debuff damage, to me that looked a bit less than 33% (maybe 33% x .95?). Although its almost negligible, should be verified for the sake of knowing as much as we can.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Good stuff! Would say that Green Arrow might be dependent on his trait in the same way as (if not more than) Bane though;)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Good stuff! Would say that Green Arrow might be dependent on his trait in the same way as (if not more than) Bane though;)
I disagree. If we had a 7 frame low and a decent j.3 then maybe. But until then we have nothing that hits faster than 10 frames and isn't a high.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Right, but it looks like the damage done from a clash (when the clash started in a debuff level) is the level one debuff damage, to me that looked a bit less than 33% (maybe 33% x .95?). Although its almost negligible, should be verified for the sake of knowing as much as we can.
It is. I counted it out, it comes out to about 29%.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I disagree. If we had a 7 frame low and a decent j.3 then maybe. But until then we have nothing that hits faster than 10 frames and isn't a high.
You are free to disagree, but I would say that noone could make Green Arrows gameplay work without using arrows.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It sounds fare, not really useful in most cases, just fare.
You'd be surprised. Bane usually has 4 bars by the time the first round is coming to a close, so being able to go ham into it and then have your cooldown end by the time round 2 starts is handy to say the least.

GGA Max

Practical uses that come to mind:

Lvl3 debuff... use a bar to force an armored stage transition...
Don't clash while in venom lvl 2 or 3,only clash in debuff... or level one.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
This has been the case since the first week the game came out. Why is this "tech"?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This has been the case since the first week the game came out. Why is this "tech"?
Because by everyone's reactions thus far its not tech that has been openly documented. This is a write up detailing it.

Unless you're asking "why is this important", and they changed our venom buff/debuff to be the same across the board so I mean its handy when you have excess meter and don't want to deal with the extra debuff. Its an option, but its one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Last edited: