What's new

Bane Buff thread

Well since it's that time of the year and I see all those character buff list or adjustment thread popping up I decided to make one for Bane.
I think Bane only truly need one thing for advancing mid strings like Atroscitus f22 Red Hood double low kick string Adam f12 etc to not be grab immune the number of grab immune string in this game is too damn high it even make whiff punishing with cmd grab a risky bet

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'd like to see a longer knockdown or more damage on elbow drop and a fix for the venom debuff reset thing that happens during cutscenes

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Needed:

-BF2 mb does more damage.
-s1 adjusted to hit more consistently
-Level 3 venom cooldown reduced after a cutscene.

QOL:
-BF1 -8 on block with reduced pushback.
-223 given a use.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
- Venom shouldn't reset after cinematics

- More damage on MB F2d + throw

- Less recovery on F2 (26f single hit normal that sends the opponent of a grappler full screen should not be -26)

- Slightly bigger hitboxes on s.1 and 11

- Make D1 8f, down from 11f (With Bane's next fastest normal being a 9f high, it's very hard, and in some cases, impossible to check many chars negative frames w/o armor and all of Bane's armor moves are SUPER punishable. You shouldn't have to risk death to check someone's negative frames)

I believe these are reasonable changes that will help Bane to better excel in areas where he is strong while keeping his archetypal weaknesses in tact.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Not having much Bane experience in Injustice 2, I can at least second that his Venom shouldn't reset during cinematics. That is such a bad design choice to have a character who can be punished for a 6 second strength buff by 30+ seconds of lowered defense and damage

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
- Make F2 faster
- Make stand 1 faster
- Make down 1 slightly faster? Maybe not
- Fix the debuff resetting during cinematics
- Fix the numerous amounts of throw invulnerability on strings and normals (probably won't happen though)
- More damage on F2 1+3 and the MB would be nice

El_Rubio

Noob
What is the meaning of "increased defense"? that he will take less damage? or is it something more?

I think we are alive!!!

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Maybe we'll see other changes once the patch notes get released? Other than that I'm pretty happy we have a real stand jab now. It'll make jailing from D1 on hit way easier to do now. Oh and more damage on MB specials is pretty sweet.

Dev.K.

Noob
Maybe we'll see other changes once the patch notes get released? Other than that I'm pretty happy we have a real stand jab now. It'll make jailing from D1 on hit way easier to do now. Oh and more damage on MB specials is pretty sweet.
Pretty satisfying changes, I don't think Bane players can complain about this one. Here's hoping that they fixed the venom debuff resetting on cutscenes in the patch notes!

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I'll withhold real judgement until we see all of the patch notes and I can actually play the patch buuuut...
I honestly see this character sliding slowly down the tier list a bit. None of the top tiers sans aquaman got hit hard, and we were already ok against him. Some of the catwoman nerfs will help a bit, but she will still remain top 10 IMO. The others I don't think will affect the matchup too much (Superman nerfs, deadshot nerfs, BA nerfs, etc).

Some mid tier and low tier characters got some nice buffs and will be moving up, making our matchups against these characters even harder (Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Supergirl, Robin, Ivy being able to d1 into a combo is huge against us, Doctor Fate glyph less punishable helps him alot, Brainiac trait buff is huge, Swamp trait buff is huge as he can get it out much faster and combo into/out of it for setup, Cheetah can play with more plus frames against us now).

-Faster S1 is great, but it was already great at breaking armor and stuffing wakeups. It seems that it wont be much more useful for that, but might help a bit more in the neutral. Jailing after d1 was much more dependent on d1 range rather than s1 speed, though.

-Nobody is mentioning that they said they're nerfing our overall damage. We trade a bit more health and damage on MB moves for that. This sounds decent in practice but we'll have to see the actual amount to make judgement.

Either way I'll keep grinding with Bane. I'm glad we got something, at least.