What's new

Strategy Bane 1.06 Corner Mix-Ups

Error

DF2+R2
Just looking to shoot some ideas around for mix-ups in the corner with Bane, I'm specifically interested in finding ways to make F3 cross up in the corner. Forums have been pretty dead, so I'm putting this in a new thread to spark some discussion.

@BiPolarExxpress @Doombawkz @RYX @GGA Max and whoever else

Just looking to shoot some ideas around for mix-ups in the corner with Bane, I'm specifically interested in finding ways to make F3 cross up in the corner. Forums have been pretty dead, so I'm putting this in a new thread to spark some discussion.

@BiPolarExxpress @Doombawkz @RYX @GGA Max and whoever else
Typically after a hard knockdown you can dash up and it'll cross over. midscreen and corner you can b23 d2 j2 and it'll cross. it's a really basic and gimmicky one though. i don't really look for ones in the corner, because i want them locked in there. midscreen b23 b11 dash up b3 also cross up. i'm sure it'd give the same effect in the corner

Error

DF2+R2
Typically after a hard knockdown you can dash up and it'll cross over. midscreen and corner you can b23 d2 j2 and it'll cross. it's a really basic and gimmicky one though. i don't really look for ones in the corner, because i want them locked in there. midscreen b23 b11 dash up b3 also cross up. i'm sure it'd give the same effect in the corner
I've had it work randomly after MB double punch, if it does cross up you can dash out and still get about 30% leaving the opponent in the corner.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Would a cross up not be a mix-up? I'm too tired to worry about titles lo
There are some mix-ups that aren't cross-ups, so I was just making sure you weren't just looking for the one.
And I, of course, will be happy to find you some. I know if you don't mind taking the sub-optimal you always have the option of doing fast-stand mix-ups.

One of the main ones I know is doing a f.2.d and either doing the d.1xxDP as a follow-up or slightly delaying the d.1 and going into d.1xxBP which will look like its connecting but will actually whiff the first move and let the second hit sweet-spotted. Its really hard to see too so its a nice tool to use. I've done it a few times.

Then of course you have the MB VU cross-up options off of a lot of knockdowns.

There are some mix-ups that aren't cross-ups, so I was just making sure you weren't just looking for the one.
And I, of course, will be happy to find you some. I know if you don't mind taking the sub-optimal you always have the option of doing fast-stand mix-ups.

One of the main ones I know is doing a f.2.d and either doing the d.1xxDP as a follow-up or slightly delaying the d.1 and going into d.1xxBP which will look like its connecting but will actually whiff the first move and let the second hit sweet-spotted. Its really hard to see too so its a nice tool to use. I've done it a few times.

Then of course you have the MB VU cross-up options off of a lot of knockdowns.
Oh god i love fast stand mix ups. doomy, enlighten me on more of these.

I often find better players can usually easily counter fast stands, are there any besides double D2s and B23?

?
It falls into the mixup category. they have to worry about a fast stand, overhead, low, command grab, and jump in. it adds another level to it. at some point with all the pressure coming you can make it happen

Error

DF2+R2
I have also come to find that once you hit someone with a Level 3 F2DxxMBB3 stage transition unclashable 58% they tend to become more weary of your overhead options. :DOGE

Error

DF2+R2
It falls into the mixup category. they have to worry about a fast stand, overhead, low, command grab, and jump in. it adds another level to it. at some point with all the pressure coming you can make it happen
They usually just tech roll since it's easy to see coming. I usually end up dashing after my fast stand attempts to punish that, but then I can be punished by a wake-up if they don't roll.

I have also come to find that once you hit someone with a Level 3 F2DxxMBB3 stage transition unclashable 58% they tend to become more weary of your overhead options. :DOGE
I swear, I would have children with that cancel if i could. but that whats i mean, then they're scared as hell to block low and it opens up that option

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
not sarcastic at all. i use them midscreen quite a bit, and the corner as well.
every gimmick works once, and that one time can win you a match.
If you're looking for midscreen ones, try after doing the 113 charge corpse hop, try mixing in b.23 dash under and then DaOv f.2.d. Works pretty well as a double cross-up. I did it once to a superman, worked like a charm. If you're level 3, it'll stuff quite a few supers as well.

@Error

Technically any move that deteriorates from hitstun will become a fast stand. For example, doing a b.23 d.2 f.2.d will make the f.2.d a fast stand because of the advantage getting removed.
So like in the corner, you can do something like f.2.d d.1 d.2 113 and it'll be a fast stand.

If you're looking for midscreen ones, try after doing the 113 charge corpse hop, try mixing in b.23 dash under and then DaOv f.2.d. Works pretty well as a double cross-up. I did it once to a superman, worked like a charm. If you're level 3, it'll stuff quite a few supers as well.

@Error

Technically any move that deteriorates from hitstun will become a fast stand. For example, doing a b.23 d.2 f.2.d will make the f.2.d a fast stand because of the advantage getting removed.
So like in the corner, you can do something like f.2.d d.1 d.2 113 and it'll be a fast stand.
hm, the dashunder is a really neat idea. i'll have to throw that in there

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They usually just tech roll since it's easy to see coming. I usually end up dashing after my fast stand attempts to punish that, but then I can be punished by a wake-up if they don't roll.
Then you're dashing too late. Honestly you should watch my videos on it and see when I dash to cover the options.
The timing on both dash options.

If you dash when they are about half your body down you'll have time to buffer anything and it'll armor through their options.

The example. The timings look slightly different, but if you do the timing that's shown on the 2nd and 3rd one its pretty much universal for most of them since most wake-ups aren't fully invincible 6 frame moves.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
hm, the dashunder is a really neat idea. i'll have to throw that in there
Its nifty, and if they tech roll it works as an OS. You just have to be mindful of your inputs, but if you really wanna get in someone's head then purposely delay the 2nd dash simply to chase their roll and snag them.

Its nifty, and if they tech roll it works as an OS. You just have to be mindful of your inputs, but if you really wanna get in someone's head then purposely delay the 2nd dash simply to chase their roll and snag them.
that actually sounds pretty damn good, i'm gonna grind out the input for the f2d after, i still mess up the f2d input after a dash over sometimes.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
that actually sounds pretty damn good, i'm gonna grind out the input for the f2d after, i still mess up the f2d input after a dash over sometimes.
To make it easier on yourself, try doing this. If you can get the timing, more power to you.
b.23 dash-under then dash-cancel into a reverse input charge.

If you do it right, its a cross-up charge OS that crosses up both tech rolls and fast stand wake-ups as the b.23 b.23 charge usually does.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Haha did you guys hear I got fired and made this topic just to cheer me up? :p

If so, its sweet but you really don't have to talk tech with me, I know I can get overbearing with it.

Error

DF2+R2
Haha did you guys hear I got fired and made this topic just to cheer me up? :p

If so, its sweet but you really don't have to talk tech with me, I know I can get overbearing with it.
I didn't even know you had a real job, I thought you just lurked TYM all day waiting for mention of Bane.