What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced core and identity (hotfix ideas)

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
give it up i tried but they refuse to admit Kenshi got better at least in balanced from a plethora of changes(buffs) and one nerf. Lost armor on Karma Eruption. I feel he got alot better but don't know where he is in the current meta as of yet. but these guys will not allow such things to be said about their beloved Kenshi.
I only say this because i simply said that i thought he got better and was starting to like the changes. and got blown up by 5 members who was claiming he got worse from the buffs all because of EX Karma lost armor even though it retained it's laucnhing into combo properties from air when they try to jump in. and when they try to jump over EX Spirit push.

In Conclusion i agree with you and just dissagree with the other 5. but thats fine. I don't mind that they think he is total garbage. worse thing that could happen is Kenshi gets a load of buffs and then becoms OP which i doubt it but could get bad attention. on other hand could recieve buffs and get even better. Either way i make out like a bandit all the while saying he is good as is. Can't get any better than that. So don't mistake my dissagreement with hate towards you guys. I enjoy most of your guys posts and look forward to reading them :D

I think that some Kenshi mains actually expected for Balanced to be stupid in this patch, they wanted revenge, which is, I guess understandable at some level, but at the same time really annoying

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The amount of matchups that have become worse for Balanced in this patch is huge (even some that were already pretty bad), and his few good or even matchups are harder now, including sub.

For example, Possessed is now a bad matchup for Balanced (when it was the other way around), he's pretty free to teleport gimmicks since the loss of the antiair armor and no backdash improvement.

Cassie has become much worse, and any character that has a divekick now has not to fear at all of jumping on Balanced. Jumping and crossups are sadly a legit tactic vs him now. Armor on exrk should come back in some way, the current state goes against the original design of the character and puts him in a really bad position.

Good fights from Pig to illustrate the struggle vs Buzzsaw, with commentaries from him about this situation, starting at 19:00

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've tried to see the light for a while, give it a little time, but damn, how much time do we need to wait, again? Seems like if it didn't happen after this patch, after months of testing and preparation, then it will never happen.

Armor reliant characters like Balanced Kenshi need more to compensate than say, Piercing Milenna who can laugh at the "nerfs" she received and remain strong. How do you stop crossups consistently? Why is telefurry still death on whiff? Why does the premier zoning variation on a telekinetic character have weaker zoning than most zoners? I don't understand lol. That would be like Sonya having the worst pressure or something.

There's always the "just play Possessed" argument, which seems like it's actually good, but I personally dislike Possessed and only enjoy Balanced/Kenjutsu. They got shafted.

The amount of matchups that have become worse for Balanced in this patch is huge (even some that were already pretty bad), and his few good or even matchups are harder now, including sub.

For example, Possessed is now a bad matchup for Balanced (when it was the other way around), he's pretty free to teleport gimmicks since the loss of the antiair armor and no backdash improvement.

Cassie has become much worse, and any character that has a divekick now has not to fear at all of jumping on Balanced. Jumping and crossups are sadly a legit tactic vs him now. Armor on exrk should come back in some way, the current state goes against the original design of the character and puts him in a really bad position.

Good fights from Pig to illustrate the struggle vs Buzzsaw, with commentaries from him about this situation, starting at 19:00

Man, from a sideline this does not look so bad, Pig won some, lost some, it happens. But I do believe him whe he is saying that he has to play perfect to win with Balanced against some real competition. Sadly enogh, all the moaning and complaining won't do shiet, as NRS proved for how much long now? Got to pray the next patch will change something.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Man, form a sideline this does not look so bad, Pig won some, lost some, it happens. But I do believe him whe he is saying that he has to play perfect to win with Balanced against some real competition. Sadly enogh, all the moaning and complaining won't do shiet, as NRS proved for how much long now? Got to pray the next patch will change something.
Yeah, they ended up tied in wins (dab is getting used to buzzsaw btw), but what the video illustrates is the many situations where Balanced is at disadvantage (hell, as Pig says buzzsaw's zoning is more legit lol) which as you say, forces him to play perfect. That is the definition of trash tier and not well balanced character. This is only one matchup, things got worse overall.

Nrs listens to the players, and their members come here to get feedback, even if they don't interact much. There were some examples in last patch that proved they listen to the players (some Kenshi buffs are also an example, but they fucked it up anyway, probably without the intention to do it).

In the end, they decide, but remaining silent won't help at all, that's for sure.

Wavy

Block Spammer
Just give me bf3 come out full on block. I give up on balanced but please just give me that so I can have something I've always wanted. I want to see how it feels. :')

To be fair they made Possessed good and really really good on some MUs. Kenjutsu isn't as bad as I thought. It's probably just average at best. It has some useful tools. Balanced needs something to at least bump it to average. I don't find the usefulness on its buffs personally.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Just give me bf3 come out full on block. I give up on balanced but please just give me that so I can have something I've always wanted. I want to see how it feels. :')

To be fair they made Possessed good and really really good on some MUs. Kenjutsu isn't as bad as I thought. It's probably just average at best. It has some useful tools. Balanced needs something to at least bump it to average. I don't find the usefulness on its buffs personally.
Actually exbf3 all hits coming out on block and bf3 like it is now would be even better, so the opponent has to worry about two options.

Or teleflurry with mb option (on whiff or block) like jacqui's machinegun, that made the rest of hits come out at the cost of a bar, so the opponent has to think twice before running after ducking a whiffed teleflurry.

Oh, hello you (soap bar in my mouth). :)

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Would it be fair to make rising karma a 2 bar launcher, make normal rising karma a knockdown and if you want a combo spend a bar, so ex rising karma would be regular RK with a hit of armor and you can spend a second bar for a combo.

ismael4790

Would it be fair to make rising karma a 2 bar launcher, make normal rising karma a knockdown and if you want a combo spend a bar, so ex rising karma would be regular RK with a hit of armor and you can spend a second bar for a combo.
Regular rising karma is fine as is, actually it could be slightly faster.
Balanced is bad enough, he should receive buffs without nothing being taken away from him.

Ex rk is in desperate need of armor. As you say, it could require two bars to launch, or other options that have been discussed in the thread as one bar but launching into less damage.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Regular rising karma is fine as is, actually it could be slightly faster.
Balanced is bad enough, he should receive buffs without nothing being taken away from him.

Ex rk is in desperate need of armor. As you say, it could require two bars to launch, or other options that have been discussed in the thread as one bar but launching into less damage.
It's give and take man if you get the armored launcher back, that meter less would probably be nerfed since Kenshi always has meter.

ismael4790

It's give and take man if you get the armored launcher back, that meter less would probably be nerfed since Kenshi always has meter.
Kenshi is always about meter management. He has meter if he is well used.

Meterless damage is fine considering he has 0 real mixups. Armor will probably not come back as it was (even when now we can see unbreakable sub keeping his 1 bar almost fullscreen low armor launcher), but launching for 19% or using two bars would be completely fair.