What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
  • Kenshi - Away+BP recovery reduced by 5 frames
  • Kenshi - Towards+BK is now +4 on block (up from +2)
  • Kenshi - BK, BK, FP, BP now does 7 damage (up from 5)
  • Kenshi - various combo damage scaling adjustments
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Push is now -10 on block (up from -15)
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Charge now has 2 hits of armor and increased recovery frames by 5
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Charge is now +3 on block (up from -2)
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Telekinetic Slice & Telekinetic Slash have 4 less recovery frames on miss
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Telekinetic Slash has a different reaction which can allow for combos afterwards
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - fixed a bug which could cause Tele-Flurry & Tele-Beatdown hit regions could be misaligned
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Karma Eruption no longer has armor and is now -2 on block (down from -17)
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Tele-Beatdown is now +1 on block (up from -9) and has increased pushback
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Karma Eruption recovers 10 frames faster on miss & hit
Discuss!!

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal @DarksydeDash @coconutshrimp @SaltShaker @Fellow_Swordsman @Pan1cMode @Lokheit @Shaikhuzzaman @Ken-WannaBe-Shi @Juanchaaa @Ashenar @Jack Burton @Zabru @MrProfDrPepper and any Kenshi main I missed.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Imo Balanced gameplan is going to be a bit different without armored exrising karma, but he definitely got better in the patch. His ex push is amazing now, and if it still launches in the corner, Kenshi has that opener, the low and the overhead in the corner for full combos, all safe (and the push is +).

Some of his biggest buffs are not even listed here: run costs more stamina AND if people gets hit while running, they lose half stamina. Get hit by a push while running? Go back to fullscreen with basically no stamina, that's massive. This makes his zoning considerably stronger.

Edit 10/05: How wrong I was lol

Last edited:

ismael4790

If they meant whiff recovery:

or
You are probably right. We will see though, patch notes are not always completely accurate.

Anyway, even if it doesn't launch, Balanced still has oh and low openers in the corner, safe, so it's very good.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Imo Balanced gameplan is going to be a bit different without armored exrising karma, but he definitely got better in the patch. His ex push is amazing now, and if it still launches in the corner, Kenshi has that opener, the low and the overhead in the corner for full combos, all safe (and the push is +).

Some of his biggest buffs are not even listed here: run costs more stamina AND if people gets hit while running, they lose half stamina. Get hit by a push? Go back to fullscreen with basically no stamina, that's massive. This makes his zoning considerably stronger.
I didn't even consider the stamina thing tbh, he seems legit now. I'm happy.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Yeah i am so excited its not even real. Like Cyrax look like he got hit bad. but My Man Kenshi Balanced OMG, things are looking up. great Push, this could be close to how good Push is on Mystic. he might turn into an OG. and Zoning is a real thing now:cool: Having Balanced being not the Worst Kenshi is gonna be a great thing to say.

im hitting the lab the second it releases. and i am gonna have fun finding jailing pressure with push. Zoning tactics against different Common Play-styles with certain characters.

• Kenshi - Away+2 recovery reduced by 5 frames Faster Mids bring it on
  • Kenshi - Towards+4 is now +4 on block (up from +2) Plus 4 OMG
  • Kenshi - 4, 4, 1, 2 now does 7 damage (up from 5) More damage ok
  • Kenshi - various combo damage scaling adjustments - Hell ya
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Push is now -10 on block (up from -15) Good
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Charge now has 2 hits of armor and increased recovery frames by 5 - 2 hits of armor, ill take it
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Spirit Charge is now +3 on block (up from -2) OMG Fuck yeah love staggers
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Telekinetic Slice & Telekinetic Slash have 4 less recovery frames on miss harder to punish MMMM
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Telekinetic Slash has a different reaction which can allow for combos afterwards remove all juggles and give my guy them i like it
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - fixed a bug which could cause Tele-Flurry & Tele-Beatdown hit regions could be misaligned Fixed them O.O cant believe my eyes
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Karma Eruption no longer has armor and is now -2 on block (down from -17) - 2 on block, cant even put me down from what ive seen
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Tele-Beatdown is now +1 on block (up from -9) and has increased pushback Push back and +1 on block Zoning is gonna be good
  • Kenshi (Balanced) - Karma Eruption recovers 10 frames faster on miss & hit recovers 10 frames faster on miss & hit LOL

i have a feeling ima love Kenshi after patch, maybe its just me but damn. he made out like a bandit and he deserves it for all the other patch days they did shit for him, not for lack of trying.

Lokheit

Noob
  • Kenshi - various combo damage scaling adjustments
Can he still do 41% meterless corner?
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this means all of Kenshi's silly nonsensical double damage scaling moves now damage scale normally. Some of his moves had atrocious damage scaling because they applied multiple of them on the same hit, specially in Kenjutsu.

Lokheit

Noob
Btw, an indirect "nerf" is that JIP1 can't be delayed to jail (I know I could jail into Kenjutsu's 50/50 before because of the delay on the sword animation). At least they said certain JIPs with weapons that could be delayed for extra advantage now work properly. According to frame data JI1 shouldn't be better than JI2 for jailing.

MadeOfMetal

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this means all of Kenshi's silly nonsensical double damage scaling moves now damage scale normally. Some of his moves had atrocious damage scaling because they applied multiple of them on the same hit, specially in Kenjutsu.
are you saying you want him to do less damage or more damage? I vote for more, well depending on cast as of now, but before this patch he was on the low side of Corner damage and Midscreen. many blew him out of the water. to name a few: Ermac, Mileena, Sonya. and OMG Ermac Mystic was the worst, that fool could out damage Kenshi's best move and then steal all his Meter at end, be at advantage and Gain Life on top of it. i really hated Ermac for that matchup. otherwords i think Ermac is cool by design it just sucked for Kenshi so much.

MadeOfMetal

Btw, an indirect "nerf" is that JIP1 can't be delayed to jail (I know I could jail into Kenjutsu's 50/50 before because of the delay on the sword animation). At least they said certain JIPs with weapons that could be delayed for extra advantage now work properly. According to frame data JI1 shouldn't be better than JI2 for jailing.
ohh yeah you reminded me of soemthing, i hope they fixed Kenshi's JIP1 that damn thing was -2 on block. like what the fuck 99% of cast has Plus 2 on block Jump ins and they give KEnshi's best jump in a Fuck you shit tier Advantage? fix that or else.:p

Lokheit

Noob
are you saying you want him to do less damage or more damage? I vote for more, well depending on cast as of now, but before this patch he was on the low side of Corner damage and Midscreen. many blew him out of the water. to name a few: Ermac, Mileena, Sonya. and OMG Ermac Mystic was the worst, that fool could out damage Kenshi's best move and then steal all his Meter at end, be at advantage and Gain Life on top of it. i really hated Ermac for that matchup. otherwords i think Ermac is cool by design it just sucked for Kenshi so much.
Yeah I meant his damage was lower than it should. Each move has a decimal damage scaling number asigned that multiplies following damage (for example, every jab multiplies following damage by 0.95) and most of these numbers go in jumps of 0.05, the damage scaling on many of Kenshi's moves were combinations of these numbers, resulting on some ridiculously heavy damage scales (I'm looking at you Kenjutsu's EX DB1 and your almost 50% damage scaling lol).

For some time (months, probably almost a year lol) I've talked about releasing a guide with all the damage formulas of the game, I was waiting for the big patch for some time now to make sure it didn't get obsolete but I should release it soon (I know I've said this multiple times but this time is true xD). It will take a bit as in the comming days I got professional stuff to attend.

MadeOfMetal

Yeah I meant his damage was lower than it should. Each move has a decimal damage scaling number asigned that multiplies following damage (for example, every jab multiplies following damage by 0.95) and most of these numbers go in jumps of 0.05, the damage scaling on many of Kenshi's moves were combinations of these numbers, resulting on some ridiculously heavy damage scales (I'm looking at you Kenjutsu's EX DB1 and your almost 50% damage scaling lol).

For some time (months, probably almost a year lol) I've talked about releasing a guide with all the damage formulas of the game, I was waiting for the big patch for some time now to make sure it didn't get obsolete but I should release it soon (I know I've said this multiple times but this time is true xD). It will take a bit as in the comming days I got professional stuff to attend.
PM me and let me know when you reales it i imagine its a good read, adn would love to go over it and see whats what. excited:)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I am going to hate this matchup even more now...it was just a minor nuisance before (as Kenshi was) but now this is legit going to be a problem for Leatherface. Hope EX BF3 helps here.

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
I didn't even think of it this way I assumed it was extra scaling on moves. Really glad you posted this. If this isn't lowering his damage he will be a contender.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
After reading his changes, finally I want to learn Kenshi. I'll need him against Ermac's mid-air trolling.

ismael4790

Waiting for your initial thoughts about the variation guys...but imo future is bleak.

Buffs looked nice on paper but from what I have tested until now they are not good enough to provide him a decent alternative gameplan to the "fear of armor" gameplan he completely lost.

The buffs feel like complementary buffs he should have got without losing anything he had.

I understand armor removal from the game in general. Some characters are good and even better with their new buffs without armor launchers, Fisticuffs is an example, he has become very decent, but sadly that's not Balanced case. He should have kept exrk armored, maybe not full combo launcher, but allowing to do a teleflurry or something. He feels very limited now.

Gonna give him more time of course, but his flaws are evident.