What's new

Balance patch wishes for Jacqui!

Okay So I saw that latest thread for Jacqui and its “lowkey” turning into a nerf Jacqui thread. So I decide to make a thread for that here. Any Suggested nerfs and buffs for Jacqui regarding any upcoming balance patch in MK11 can be discussed here if you like. Lastly to avoid any toxic nerf and over buff talk, we should discuss these adjustments to ensure Jacqui stays in a balance position ( gameplay wise NOT tier wise) in the game as in not overly OP and cheap or severly unplayable. As of now, if you feel she fine and shouldn’t be touch cool if not that’s cool too.

Please I repeat please don’t turn this thread into an Jacqui hatedom thread. To. Let’s all be respectful here when discussing Jacqui’s gameplay adjustments. Thank you! =)

Last edited:

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I think she's just fine as is. She and Cassie seem to be two characters that really don't need changes.

Of course, Sonic plays Jacqui, so she'll get nerfed somehow, but I don't think it's necessary.

No, leave her alone
I feel ya, however if some of her moves are a problem to some players or if she desperate needs any changes ( this is if NRS ever nerfs her badly) then why not discusse them? There is nothing wrong with that and don't worry if this thread gets too toxic let me know got it.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Here are REASONABLE changes that I could see them making to Jacqui:

Make her lethal clinch require all four inputs to be used before loading the crushing bloW

Make f12 9 frames and reduce f3 to 11

seanpon

Noob
I think she's just fine as is. She and Cassie seem to be two characters that really don't need changes.

Of course, Sonic plays Jacqui, so she'll get nerfed somehow, but I don't think it's necessary.
A lot of people don't realize how good cassie is. A lot of top players are putting her in S tier now. The fact that her zoning is so good and low profiles other projectiles is pretty insane. And that she has a 9 frame mid that is PLUS 0 on block. Thats pretty insane, because the follow up to that string is an overhead. She's going to be causing a lot of problems in the future...

Cassie’s f4 is wayyyy more of a problem than jacqui f3 if you ask me lol. Like, as a jacqui player, I have no button to contest f4 walk back b2, it spaces pretty much everything. Not saying she shouldn’t have it tho. But maybe make it -1? Lol

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Buff the tech dome. Reduce its start up and recovery, and make so she takes less damage on everything not just specials. And maybe make certain moves act differently when in the dome?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Reduce her damage. It's insane how she gets 300 dmg of a d1 anti air (one of the best in the game btw). Her anti airs do way more than your average mid tiers' optimized bnb's. She needs to do way less especially how pressure game allows her to basically always have a gauge for combos - or take REO's suggestion and implement it.

Noob has to work for opening up the opponent, therefore he gets damage payoffs. Jacqui dont struggle at getting in on the opponent nor keeping the pressure going. At this state Jacqui is too much auto-pilot. Yes you can poke out of the pressure, but there's a reason everyone either mains her or has a pocket Jacqui - and that's offline and online. A considerable damage reduction would still make her oppressive, it doesnt change her gameplan and people on the receiving end can actually have more guesses .

We could increase either the range or the startup a bit on S3 so it actually gets some usage. A lot of the moves it could punish theoretically goes unpunished because T-Rex.

As for Next Gen, I would make 224 into Dome 0 on block. Maybe slightly plus but 0 is fine. It doesn't change her plasma setups in the corner, but it would add another layer since it sets up the Krushing Blow on backwards throw.

Add some properties to dome as well. While 25 dmg off projectiles is pretty good, it takes a while to set it up. However, it would be nice if it actually provided other buffs while inside of the Dome. No chip damage? A little overall damage reduction if she takes damage inside it? Increased efficiency of specials inside it? I dont know if any of this is broken TBH, I dont think it will be. She loses out on her burst damage in this variation as she cannot clinch it would seem appropriate she gets it from other means - like tricky usage of dome and plasma. I think this variation's efficiency should be determined by the amount of gadgets the player can setup on the screen - kinda like the totem in MKX for Kotal. Oh, and make the DOT on up plasma on hit not scale in combos. If you do a long combo ending in upplasma it doesnt deal any dot.

She needs to have her good buttons intact, that's kinda her gig - just remove the low risk high reward thing we got going atm.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I feel ya, however if some of her moves are a problem to some players or if she desperate needs any changes ( this is if NRS ever nerfs her badly) then why not discusse them? There is nothing wrong with that and don't worry if this thread gets too toxic let me know got it.
She is very good at what she does but she does have weaknesses. With that said one of her weaknesses is getting in but right now I feel she has very strong tools to do so that are very hard to punish when in the right hands.

I would leave her alone but if she has to get changes I'd rather it be minor.

Here are my possible suggestions:

Her B22 is a very strong gap closer that is supposed to function as a mid high but its functioning as a Mid Mid not allowing opponent to duck the last hit which is safe because it jails from the mid to high.
The mid is -10 on block and the high is -7(safe). What I suggest us that we make the high duckable so if the opponent makes that read she can be punished and effectively kept out.
Her dash punch is a high but is lightning fast, not sure of the exact startup but it looks very similar to Jaxs 11f Fatal. I suggest making it 19f startup so its reactable when looking for it.
This way she has clear weaknesses but retains her strength up close. Since many characters lack tools to keep her out effectively.

Other possible changes:

1. F3 from 9f to 11f and make F1 9f from 11f.
  2. Remove her cancel when she has no offensive meter like REO suggested.
I would much rather her B22 not Jail and dash made more punishable on reaction.

A lot of people don't realize how good cassie is. A lot of top players are putting her in S tier now. The fact that her zoning is so good and low profiles other projectiles is pretty insane. And that she has a 9 frame mid that is PLUS 0 on block. Thats pretty insane, because the follow up to that string is an overhead. She's going to be causing a lot of problems in the future...
That's true. It's just a matter of time before people start demanding nerfs for Cassie like they do her mother.

If Jacqui's cancels ever start cost meter, would that take her pressure away? Would she be less scary? Also would would happen if your f3 become nerf and more - in frames. Would she still be viable? I mean I heard a Jacqui player on YT say that she doesn't need her cancels to have good pressure since she still has good pressure without them in her Next Gen variation.

S+ Main

Noob
I think if the cancel cost meter then you can react to the sound of her spending meter and press a button.

Feints are not the problem. This is how you deal with them. Let's take f31 as en example (the most used):

Make the read: you block F3, immediately go for your fastest punish (S1 usually). You get a full combo.
Safe option: block F3, see the feint, poke. She is not plus, you have the advantage.

So you have 2 instances to escape her pressure, one safe, and another that gives you a full combo punish. In fact, if you see ninjakilla, he rarely goes for feints. It's just a gimmick, in fact staggering F3 it terms of frame is better.

Imo the best thing about her is the ability to convert everything into clinch, any kind of juggle (jump kicks, antiair, etc) and it deals very good damage, potential kb and side switch.

Reduce damage for clinch and make it more punishable in block (block stun is so short I hardly ever get punished for it). That's all.

S+ Main

Noob
I guess this means she’ll be a little easier to punish however, would she still be viable after this possible nerfs?
I agree with what @santanabar said in that changing the cancels would not do much because she could just stagger without the cancels just as effectively so I don't think if it cost meter it would matter that much. I think if they decide to nerf her they should do something small because she's really strong but not a jack-of-all trades character.

so if I was to nerf her I would make her stagger strings have more pushback so in theory you could just block it out and get away and then it opens up the throw game more which put the opponent at a distance away (on forward) so you sacrifice oki but can push them into the corner.

I agree with what @santanabar said in that changing the cancels would not do much because she could just stagger without the cancels just as effectively so I don't think if it cost meter it would matter that much. I think if they decide to nerf her they should do something small because she's really strong but not a jack-of-all trades character.

so if I was to nerf her I would make her stagger strings have more pushback so in theory you could just block it out and get away and then it opens up the throw game more which put the opponent at a distance away (on forward) so you sacrifice oki but can push them into the corner.
Agreed! Her nerfs should minor, meanwhile on that other (NERF!) thread everyone there want her nerf to oblivion becuause they think she's OP when she isn't especially against zoners and space control characters. Like someone mention eariler Cassie has strong zoning or keep away tools that crumbles Jacqui up close gameplan. Also I see her as more of a pressure/rushdown character.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Buffs: Opponents are not pushed that far away after a throw (both throws) but not so close she can throwloop!
Nerfs: Slightly less damage on clinch, slightly less damage on f3,1,4,1+3 (the 1+3 part should do less damage)

Sidenote: Can we get the option to choose the haircut for each skin? :) The shorter hair with the dress would look dope imo

Buffs: Opponents are not pushed that far away after a throw (both throws) but not so close she can throwloop!
Nerfs: Slightly less damage on clinch, slightly less damage on f3,1,4,1+3 (the 1+3 part should do less damage)

Sidenote: Can we get the option to choose the haircut for each skin? :) The shorter hair with the dress would look dope imo
^ This! Yes they should definitely buff the customs for Jacqui with the hair. My favorite Jacqui hairstyle is the long textured ponytail. I would love to customize her hairstyle with her skins. Especially the futuristic dressy ones. I love that hairstyle.
To be fair Sonya drops you almost half life with one bar mid screen and is a walking “i guessed wrong or right”
Not only that her zoning is too good along with her beastly damage. There is a guy on YT whom made 2 rant videos on nerfing Sonya lolz.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Don't touch her AT ALL except to maybe make f2,2 and getting 3 4s on clinch a little easier. I can do them most of the time but I'm not a fan of hard inputs just for the sake of them, you know? The only 'nerf' that wouldn't make me mad is her losing plus frames on b3,4. I don't think she needs it but if nerfing her will shut people up that's the only thing I'd change. If they nerf her anymore I'll say a really bad word and that'll make everyone upset.

Next Gen is a good variation but can use some buffs here and there or maybe some simple special move replacements. The most useless move in that variation is Dive Bomb IMO. I agree with buffing the cybernetic Overdrive with making it easier to use instead of drasticly pressing a button super quick! Its probably made hard to pay homage to stank leg lmao. A simple short double tap on 2 should be enough for that move.