What's new

Strategy Back 1,2,2 & Back 2, Forward 2: Character Specific Guide

Espio

Kokomo
This short guide is just to help inform Stryker players of what characters they can utilize their strings better on in neutral or crouch blocking.

The hitboxes in MK are weird so some people with big hitboxes are effected, while others are not. People's hitboxes sometimes shift up and down due to breathing as well.

This is for FIRST HIT that this guide goes over for neutral crouching/crouch blocking.

Hopefully this will be useful :).

Legend:

A star (*) indicates the string works on them, but that their hitbox is weird when it comes to said string.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back 1,2,2 (Crouch Block)
Jade*
Noob Saibot*
Stryker
Shang Tsung
Baraka*
Raiden
Kenshi
Freddy
Rain

Back 2, Forward 2 (Crouch Block)
Liu Kang
Rain
Freddy
Kenshi
Sheeva
Stryker
Raiden
Shang Tsung

Back 1, 2,2 (Neutral Crouch)
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Smoke
Noob Saibot
Shang Tsung
Stryker
Raiden
Kabal
Sheeva
Kenshi
Freddy
Rain

Back 2, Forward 2 (Neutral Crouch)
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Sub-Zero*
Sindel *
Nightwolf*
Smoke
Noob Saibot
Stryker
Shang Tsung
Raiden
Kabal
Sheeva
Kenshi
Freddy
Rain

Those who on the first hit of either string, the string doesn't hit neutral crouch/crouch blocking opponents include:
Mileena
Jax
Sektor
Kung Lao
Ermac
Reptile
Kitana
Cage
Cyrax
Kano
Sonya
Cyber Sub-Zero
Quan Chi
Skarlet

Special Note: Back 3 and Standing 2 and their variations work on all hitbox sizes, small, medium, and large. This also applies to standing 3 and standing 4.

(Data Subject to Change to accomodate new info)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Right this and standing 3, I just didn't add them to the OP, the main focus was on strings.

I'll add them just in case for more info though, thanks Mike :).
I just never use strings up close unless I know its for a punish. Pressure with Stryker is a no-no.

I could use this list for good chip damage enders though. good work

Espio

Kokomo
I just never use strings up close unless I know its for a punish. Pressure with Stryker is a no-no.

I could use this list for good chip damage enders though. good work
That's the thing though, if you're fighting someone like Freddy for example if you land a down 4, you can dash up and back 1,2,2 because on crouch you're at +12 which makes back 1 come out in 4 frames so you can pressure him in this way with a block string or back 1 into throw mix up. Characters like that you can pressure with these.

Thanks, figured we could use some new relevant info :D.