What's new

Baby can you dig your man

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I just finished reading Stephen King's' The Stand', its been my favorite book that ive ever read. Amazing. Im curious if others have read it... or have book recomendations :)

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

peachyO

Noob
I just finished reading Stephen King's' The Stand', its been my favorite book that ive ever read. Amazing. Im curious if others have read it... or have book recomendations :)

this is indeed an excellent book, as are most of the works of stephen king. if you haven't read more of his books, i suggest cujo, pet cemetary, misery, and tommyknockers.

if you want my pick for best horror/suspense writer EVER, it's edgar allen poe!! mainly wrote short stories and poems. the raven imo is the greatest poem ever, and "the cask of amontillado", "the tell-tale heart", "the black cat", and "hop frog" are some of his very best short stories.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I saw the made for tv movie as a kid and loved it. Then I bought it on Dvd in my early 20s and insisted to my friends that it was amazing and I made them all sit down and watch it with me. It did NOT go well. That thing is a piece of shit. Never read the book though.

Johnny2d

I started reading 'it'. Ive seen the movie which horified me when I was young but look forward to the depth that the book should have. I also read DreamCatcher not too long ago, I really liked it.

Johnny2d

Have you read the Dark Tower series?
Nope. But I heard that he references a lot of his other books in that series so I want to get a couple more books under my belt before I get there.

Did you like them?

peachyO

Noob
I started reading 'it'. Ive seen the movie which horified me when I was young but look forward to the depth that the book should have. I also read DreamCatcher not too long ago, I really liked it.

i have a phobia of clowns..."it" is too scary for me to read or watch *shudders*