What's new

Babeality Partnering with CGL for New League

In case you missed it, over the weekend the crew running Babeality, the women's weekly NRS showcase, has announced a partnership with Console League Gaming for a new women's league with prizes on the line, including a paid trip to a major. Dates and details below:

Titled "Valkyries", it's a 4 week long league with $100 going to each weekly winner on top of the aforementioned grand prize. It's set to start on August 5th and presumably will continue every week until September. I'm not 100% sure on where interested players can sign up, they might still be setting those details up. For more info, contact Tex Onoharu, I believe she's the one running everything as CGL's FGC Lead.

As for how to watch, the streams kick off 7PM every Monday starting that first week of August. Babeality runs Tuesday's at 8, and their Twitch channel is here. Any ladies looking to sign up for that should contact Manouschka or Llumiya for that.

Last edited:

Comments

"Discrimination" is hilarious.

This is rad. Every MK major is dominated by the same 15 dudes. You already have your men-only event. Women pros have every right to show off in their own event.
There is no men only event.
If men dominate the events it's purely because the women A) Don't show up, or B) Aren't good enough to place. Nobody anywhere ever said they weren't allowed to be there, unlike this thing.

"Discrimination" is hilarious.

This is rad. Every MK major is dominated by the same 15 dudes. You already have your men-only event. Women pros have every right to show off in their own event.
I disagree with that claim they can join any tournament they just have to be good to get though like any other man does .

Yeah because it's a real struggle being a man in the fgc
Never said anything about a struggle. I even said it’s great to try to get more women involved. But you’re trying to turn this into a different argument that I’m not having. Doing any opportunity event for 1 specific group of people by the way they were born and saying others aren’t allowed because of how they were born is literally the definition of discrimination. And I don’t jump for joy over any type of discrimination even if it favors a less represented group. That’s all I’m saying.

they mentioned it being the same 15 dudes winning in tournaments being the cause for the girl gamers not being able to show off they're skill, when they are plenty capable of being just as good.
I think they meant that its stale with the same 15 dudes at the top and they want a wider variety of players. this would be an excellent opportunity for that because there could be some real killers here who don't get to travel or who have not thought about traveling.

Last edited:
I think they meant that its stale with the same 15 dudes at the top and they want a wider variety of players. this would be an excellent opportunity for that because there could be some real killers here who don't get to travel or who have not thought about traveling.
what better way to prove themselves though then for them to face the same people who can consistantly win tournaments? Check out some of the female Tekken Competitors, they do really well without having to have a tourney organized just for them.

and if more of them did compete and wanted it badly enough we would see them and voila, more variety in competitors. so i dunno why it needs to be a thing.

what better way to prove themselves though then for them to face the same people who can consistantly win tournaments? Check out some of the female Tekken Competitors, they do really well without having to have a tourney organized just for them.
I see this as like a gateway into esports because you don't need any travel commitment or any money put aside for the event. Also it is an opportunity to feel the pressure a high stake environment so they don't go to there first offline with mad tournament nerves etc.

Also you know what I can be like for women at gaming events and stuff just look at the smash lass, she quit because of how the community treated her after she beat some player. so if they were coming to events from this console league they will have friends with them to support them even though im not sure that the nrs scene will get as bad as the smash scene but you never know.