What's new

Babality actually pressing the block button (video)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Yeah, I asked Storms and Tim if they could post this up on the front page, I think this is very unique and more people should know about it

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
UMK3, the rule (as everyone thought) was you can't touch the block button.

MK9 the rule is you can't take chip damage through blocking. I guess it allows you to block nomad dash because it doesn't do chip.
Interesting, does this mean you can still baby Sektor if you block a homing missile?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Allot of people don't seem to understand how it works in MK9, you are allowed to press the block button as many times as you want, but you are not allowed to block any of your opponents attacks.
Do breakers count as blocking an opponents attack?

Vert

Noob
It's an easy one. I've known about it for ages.
The assumptions regarding winning, loosing, not holding block in prevoius round etc. are wrong.
There's only one trick. In the last round you can start holding block before the round starts - it won't count. Once you release it you cannot press it again, simple as that.
The system registers block pressed during the last round only but not before.

Mystery solved JK!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It's an easy one. I've known about it for ages.
The assumptions regarding winning, loosing, not holding block in prevoius round etc. are wrong.
There's only one trick. In the last round you can start holding block before the round starts - it won't count. Once you release it you cannot press it again, simple as that.
The system registers block pressed during the last round only but not before.

Mystery solved JK!
WHUT?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
He's right, I tried it just now and it worked. And just for kicks, I went on MK2 (the rule to baby someone on it is that you can't press the punch buttons right?) and charged an air sai with Mileena before the last round, low and behold I was still able to get the babality..

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Never seen it before. Block has all kinds of funky properties in 2D MK so it doesn't surprise me. I like uppercutting and jabbing out of block without releasing, meaning, performing the attack within the hole block has during ducking animation.

Mgo

Noob
You can uppercut whilst holding block if you're recovering from a knockdown (i.e sweep or throw), that must be how the guy in the video did it.
yeah he just holds block from the beginning of the third round and didnt release it while was being thrown by the cpu, he just confuse us by throwing uppercuts in the process, then he just release it for the first time and proceeds to beat the cpu and perform the babality. Cant believe it took me long to notice it lol