What's new

Babality actually pressing the block button (video)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I heard about this years ago from a local player (he was THE best here, bar none, until he stopped playing around 1999-2000) and didn't believe him. He still plays from time to time and he mentioned it again and I just wanted to see it to believe it.

So, here's the video in which he does a babality, pressing the block button on the final round. I've never heard about this somewhere else, not on forums, anywhere. What about you guys?

Attachments

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Those double-JKs mid-screen are TIGHT ...I like that.....it's like he takes a deep-bleeding JK and combos into a 2nd JK from it. Interesting 53% mid-screen w/ Kabal also...I never seen that before. I never seen a Babality when you block, but I guess i just did lol....he clearly blocked, then Babied him. Ok, what's the secret?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Allot of people don't seem to understand how it works in MK9, you are allowed to press the block button as many times as you want, but you are not allowed to block any of your opponents attacks.
Now THAT is something new I had no idea about. I thought you couldn't physically PRESS block all these years.....but is it the same for UMK3 and MK2?

Seven

|| Seven ||
Allot of people don't seem to understand how it works in MK9, you are allowed to press the block button as many times as you want, but you are not allowed to block any of your opponents attacks.
Ow ok I get it now thank you!

NinjaGrinder

That applies ONLY for mk9, in UMK3 is... different. Let's wait for more comments, I want to know if someone else heard about this, even back in the day

It happens in MK9 when you block your opponent moves, don't know if it's a random online thing or move/character specific.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
It looks like he didn't block any "normal" attacks, it maybe only if you block normal attacks. IIRC its the same in MK9, you can press block, block "projecticles" and combo break and still do the Babality.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
this is what i allways thought it was too.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
ok my guess is if u hold block before the last round starts ur able to block moves and do a baby since u were holding block right before the round started?

0:56 he blocks a jump kick, a string, and a slide at the beginning of the last round.

NinjaGrinder

jajajaaja

It would be cool to hear what the UMK3 OGs have to say, is this THAT rare? The guy in the video told me he has only told the way to do it to 2-3 people in all these years LOL

Shock
Lex
MKK hanzo
MOE30W

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Weird. It must be a glitch.

Although I have defiantly (in MK9) blocked a Kabal Nomad dash and still performed a Babality, I am almost certain of it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Never seen a babality in UMK3 with a block. Glad it is rare though, getting a babality is pretty difficult at high levels, if you could just glitch it everytime that would suck.

NinjaGrinder

Oh he can do it everytime he wants to, he's just not telling anyone how to do it jajaja

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Weird. It must be a glitch.

Although I have defiantly (in MK9) blocked a Kabal Nomad dash and still performed a Babality, I am almost certain of it.
UMK3, the rule (as everyone thought) was you can't touch the block button.

MK9 the rule is you can't take chip damage through blocking. I guess it allows you to block nomad dash because it doesn't do chip.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
UMK3, the rule (as everyone thought) was you can't touch the block button.

MK9 the rule is you can't take chip damage through blocking. I guess it allows you to block nomad dash because it doesn't do chip.
Very interesting.

Also, did someone move this to front page? I noticed the layout is different than it was yesterday