What's new

Tech BA standing resets

Don't know if this is known or not but I didn't see it posted anywhere:

fj2, starter xx T, 22 xx black magic, nj2, 11 (32%) > fj2/MB CBS
This only works on small/average size characters with slowish walkspeeds (e.g. Harley Quinn, Nightwing etc.). If they backdash they can get hit by fj2, if they jump they can get A2A'd (but so can you I guess lol).

fj2, starter xx T, 22 xx black magic, nj2 (31%) > fj2/MB CBS
This is universal and the best way to reset. They can't jump away or even backdash. The only thing they can do to avoid the mixup is reversal or dash forward but dashing loses to MB CBS.

I think this is pretty good yet I never see any Black Adam player do this online or offline.

Ending a combo with a hard knockdown yields a bit more damage but also allows the opponent to perform a wake up attack. This keeps them standing so obviously they are denied invincibility. On the other hand, this mixup is easier to block than truly ambiguous cross-ups.

Damage wise, Black Adam's BnBs with trait do around 46-48% so with the standing reset you are giving up around 15% which can be significant or not depending on the situation. You are basically trading 15% for a 50/50 shot at 32%, 38% or 45% more damage. Best case scenario the reset can net you 77% for 1 meter (+29), weakest scenario the reset nets you 64% for 2 meters (+16). Worst case scenario the opponent blocks correctly and you get 2-3% chip into a frametrap (-14).

But this is not taking into account interactables which could increase your reward drastically (~80-90% resets for 1-2 meter) as shown below:

The point is, a successful reset not only means more damage, it can mean position advantage and/or interactable advantage.

btw we can do the double cross-up pretty reliably after NJ2:

This double cross-up tech seems to work on everyone except the smallest characters.

There's 2 possible bounces as shown in the vid so we gotta be ready to react with the proper combo. From my experience, the "close bounce" happens when you do FBS late, the "far bounce" happens when you do FBS kinda early (but still late).

Note: Far Boot Stomp only hits as a cross-up if they block the initial cross-up. If they get hit by the first cross-up then FBS whiffs.

In some rare cases, the FBS will cross-up but hit front which is really weird and stupid but whatever lol. It only happens if you don't time it right (afaik).

With all these new BA tech you keep pushing out, which do you you think is the most viable in a real match? The standing reset, the vortex or bomb setups? I mean, I know we should mix it up but it looks like this has more options. I just started to get the vortex down but this standing reset is amazing. Keep em coming!

With all these new BA tech you keep pushing out, which do you you think is the most viable in a real match? The standing reset, the vortex or bomb setups? I mean, I know we should mix it up but it looks like this has more options. I just started to get the vortex down but this standing reset is amazing. Keep em coming!
I would use both the standing reset and the f3 vortex tbh. They are both great for different reasons.

The standing reset has the advantage of costing less meter and denying wake up. But has the disadvantage of dealing less damage (31% with trait + 32-45% reward) and being much easier to block (less options without meter, no real ambiguous cross-up).

The f3 vortex has the advantage of being 43-48% guaranteed damage and has a reward of 32-48%. It's also extremely hard to block considering the ambiguity of j1/j2 and all your mixup options. But it has the disadvantage of allowing wake up options.

The Bomb traps are really kinda gimmicky and will mostly work on players that have never seen them before. But eventually knowledgeable players will find out how to fuzzy guard them and even how to escape most setups.

The standing reset and the vortex are what I consider "true mixups" so it doesn't matter if the opponent is aware of it or not, he still has to guess what you will do.