What's new

Video/Tutorial BA Mix ups?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Lol im not terribly technical at all.. I wouldnt want to use trait just to sweep tho. But thats just me. Good shit tho

I'd comment but I feel Qwark28 would just come in and say I don't know the character :( so I won't post anything anymore. Ill just be a silent noob I guess :p

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
If BA players arent using sweep...they're doing it wrong. Sweep is necessary for BA. As is ending block strings in lightning to put the fear of a low attack out there.

Nice video, and yes, BA players are using variations of this stuff. If they want to be succesful at least.

his sweep is -21 on block but, it might be worth the risk if you have a tricky setup afterward due to the fact that you'd be stupid to not block black adam high so it's pretty likely to hit

sylint

Noob
I've been doing trait cancel into sweep after b2 since day one. lol Not many BA players do that, though.

astronout

see you at the top.
trait = free grab attempt and damage and/or significant frame advantage to continue your pressure. rather use T for these guarantees rather than an unsafe gamble with only a small reward.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sweep is full combo punishable by 90% of the cast. Why ever do it when you can grab them for free and get that damage even if they tech the throw?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If BA players arent using sweep...they're doing it wrong. Sweep is necessary for BA. As is ending block strings in lightning to put the fear of a low attack out there.

Nice video, and yes, BA players are using variations of this stuff. If they want to be succesful at least.
Maybe actual BA players know better than someone who admits to not using him but lectures actual players of the character on what to do.

GGA Saucy Jack

Maybe actual BA players know better than someone who admits to not using him but lectures actual players of the character on what to do.
That would be silly for someone who doesnt play the character to lecture people. I agree. By quoting my post, you are implying that I dont play black adam. I think youve got me confused with someone else

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Your setup is usable but his sweep is full combo on block, of course the trait can help you keep it safe, but the question is whether that hard knockdown is worth it, which, when you have the option to get more guaranteed pressure or a throw, it doesnt seem to be, and whoever uses lighting in pressure, please gtfo, its ridiculously interruptable and negative, not worth the risk at all

GGA Saucy Jack

Your setup is usable but his sweep is full combo on block, of course the trait can help you keep it safe, but the question is whether that hard knockdown is worth it, which, when you have the option to get more guaranteed pressure or a throw, it doesnt seem to be, and whoever uses lighting in pressure, please gtfo, its ridiculously interruptable and negative, not worth the risk at all
While the above is true, I disagree with their application.

The hard knockdown can be worth it, as well as making them understand that you do have low options and they cant just stand block all day.

As for being interruptable, while thats true, i get 5 throws teched for every 1 time lightning gets interrupted, I just dont see it happening as much as you do. Could be the players we face, who knows?

And as for the argument of lightning being negative on block...what are we going to do, throw out all moves in the game that arent advantage?
Edit: I forgot to mention that when i cancel to lightning, personally, I meter burn it. The push back keeps it safe.

All Im saying is that if you dont mix it up from time to time, you'll never open your opponent up. That's all.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
All Im saying is that if you dont mix it up from time to time, you'll never open your opponent up. That's all.
Before replying, can i just say that appreciate you being so polite, some real jackasses have joined this community and I'm glad to see there are still people who dont have to get into a screaming match when someone disagrees with them, I was honestly afraid to come upon an all caps message about how lightning is THE SHIT MAAAAAAN!!! but as far as what you said, i play against players like HGTV soapboxfan daily, he is a very solid aquaman and every time i tried to cancel anything into lighting i found myself being interrupted, however i do understand where you're coming from with making them respect the low, but in my experience, using d1 into lightning hands can be more worth it,it leaves you safe on block and makes them respect your low option, it leaves you in a similar situation to the sweep, while not as effective in the knockdown, but more safe, and I've caught many people with overheads because of the d1. In general, all I'm saying is that in that situation, we are at adv, why bother making ourselves negative? In my opinion, other options are more viable. Not to say the options you use aren't viable, sure they are, I just like to use what I see as most effective, and if what your doing works against good players, why change it? On a side note, i may have to find a way to incorporate mb lighting at a close range, the space it creates can be deadly vs people like flash, thanks for that idea

GGA Saucy Jack

Before replying, can i just say that appreciate you being so polite, some real jackasses have joined this community and I'm glad to see there are still people who dont have to get into a screaming match when someone disagrees with them, I was honestly afraid to come upon an all caps message about how lightning is THE SHIT MAAAAAAN!!! but as far as what you said, i play against players like HGTV soapboxfan daily, he is a very solid aquaman and every time i tried to cancel anything into lighting i found myself being interrupted, however i do understand where you're coming from with making them respect the low, but in my experience, using d1 into lightning hands can be more worth it,it leaves you safe on block and makes them respect your low option, it leaves you in a similar situation to the sweep, while not as effective in the knockdown, but more safe, and I've caught many people with overheads because of the d1. In general, all I'm saying is that in that situation, we are at adv, why bother making ourselves negative? In my opinion, other options are more viable. Not to say the options you use aren't viable, sure they are, I just like to use what I see as most effective, and if what your doing works against good players, why change it? On a side note, i may have to find a way to incorporate mb lighting at a close range, the space it creates can be deadly vs people like flash, thanks for that idea
Whoa now...a civil conversation? Lets not tell anyone about this, it'll just be our little secret.

I see where you are coming from, don't get me wrong. I'm lucky enough to play with the GGA guys 2-3 times a week, quite frankly I'm amazed they let my scrubby ass in the door. But, when i first started playing Black Adam, they would just patiently hold the back button, bide their time, and wait to tech my throw. In the end i netted a couple percent chip, and a neutral situation. I had to change it up to adding sweeps and lightning or else I never got anywhere.

B2 trait B2 lightning MB
11 trait sweep
Etc

The world is so conditioned to stand block BA that I personally have found this stuff necessary. I actually dont think I do it enough. Bit as long as what you ate doing is working, then hey, forget my advoce. Lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
While the above is true, I disagree with their application.

The hard knockdown can be worth it, as well as making them understand that you do have low options and they cant just stand block all day.

As for being interruptable, while thats true, i get 5 throws teched for every 1 time lightning gets interrupted, I just dont see it happening as much as you do. Could be the players we face, who knows?

And as for the argument of lightning being negative on block...what are we going to do, throw out all moves in the game that arent advantage?
Edit: I forgot to mention that when i cancel to lightning, personally, I meter burn it. The push back keeps it safe.

The untechable knockdown grants you almost nothing because of the long recovery.

Trait to sweep=14%

Trait to throw=14% on tech
Lightning after b2 can be D1d

if your opp blocks it = death
if your op pokes = trade and you get 8% more damage

ex gets interrupted the same way except its + if its blocked, only good to end a game

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
The world is so conditioned to stand block BA that I personally have found this stuff necessary. I actually dont think I do it enough. Bit as long as what you ate doing is working, then hey, forget my advoce. Lol.
After looking at frame data I've found that its possible to block bolt on reaction but it shouldn't be possible to react and d1, so my training partners must be very good at reading it haha, and as far as the mb lightning, I'm definitely going to now use it when its necessary to create space, because even if its blocked on reaction i still get them away from me, and that's all i need to do, and whatever works for you man, I'll give the sweep a shot in some casuals today and see how effective it is insted of d1 lightning hands

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
After looking at frame data I've found that its possible to block bolt on reaction but it shouldn't be possible to react and d1, so my training partners must be very good at reading it haha, and as far as the mb lightning, I'm definitely going to now use it when its necessary to create space, because even if its blocked on reaction i still get them away from me, and that's all i need to do, and whatever works for you man, I'll give the sweep a shot in some casuals today and see how effective it is insted of d1 lightning hands
when youre doing it from a blockstring it is reactable.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
when youre doing it from a blockstring it is reactable.
do you mean blockable or interruptable on reaction? and we are talking about mb lightning right? because i dont believe people can react fast enough to interrupt, its 26 frames alone and that means the person has about 20 frames at best to react and d1, doesnt seem too likely

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
do you mean blockable or interruptable on reaction? and we are talking about mb lightning right? because i dont believe people can react fast enough to interrupt, its 26 frames alone and that means the person has about 20 frames at best to react and d1, doesnt seem too likely
interruptible.

ppl in sf sweep 4f D4s on reaction, its extremely easy to react to a 26f lightning with such a ridiculously distinct animation

I can't go test right away to confirm, but I thought 11 xx Lightning was uniterruptable? Seeing as they will generally be standing the standing 1 has always been one of my fav go too moves.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
interruptible.

ppl in sf sweep 4f D4s on reaction, its extremely easy to react to a 26f lightning with such a ridiculously distinct animation

Thats a good point, the animation doesn't exactly win an award for ambiguity, I'll definitely have to take that into consideration, although i still think some sort of use for the lightning is possible, I'm just determined to find a good way to use it and get guaranteed space away from my opponent

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
t
Thats a good point, the animation doesn't exactly win an award for ambiguity, I'll definitely have to take that into consideration, although i still think some sort of use for the lightning is possible, I'm just determined to find a good way to use it and get guaranteed space away from my opponent
he only use for lightning is to finish out your opponent after b2 trait b2 lightning for that last 14% IF they decide to interrupt it.

GGA Saucy Jack

The untechable knockdown grants you almost nothing because of the long recovery.

Trait to sweep=14%

Trait to throw=14% on tech
Lightning after b2 can be D1d

if your opp blocks it = death
if your op pokes = trade and you get 8% more damage

ex gets interrupted the same way except its + if its blocked, only good to end a game
This logic is flawed. Im sorry.

A huge number of jump ins on block can be d1'ed before a string.

Chris G has won two majors with d1xxArrow which is interruptable on block.

All sorts of strings and d1xxspecials are interruptable.

And yet...somehow people are still jumping around like idiots and winning tournaments.

If frame data was "the only" thing that mattered, we could play the game on paper and we would know who would win.

Luckily for us, it doesnt work that way. :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This logic is flawed. Im sorry.

A huge number of jump ins on block can be d1'ed before a string.

Chris G has won two majors with d1xxArrow which is interruptable on block.

All sorts of strings and d1xxspecials are interruptable.

And yet...somehow people are still jumping around like idiots and winning tournaments.

If frame data was "the only" thing that mattered, we could play the game on paper and we would know who would win.

Luckily for us, it doesnt work that way. :)
except arrow is a 6f punish with the cue being a D1 hitting you, you can see a 26 frame warning that a low is coming AND you never need to block standing after he does b2 trait b2

if your only arguement for a gimmick is "people arent blocking it properly" then youll dread the day you meet someone who does block properly, not even mentioning that D1 arrow is 5 times faster than lightning...

nowhere did i say frame data is all that matters, i listed the clearly better option, half your arguements are irrelevant to the subject

GGA Saucy Jack

Play around with it. If you start getting interrupted constantly, then stop doing it. It fits my game, thats all I'm saying.

Also, as for the frame data, do we know "cancel advantage". I dont think we know that officially (if im wrong please show me so i can educate myself, lol). But what if B2 (just a hypothetical, im not saying it is) is plus 25 on cancel? I know i saw a thread where someone did a little testing, but do we know for sure?