What's new

Video/Tutorial BA Mix ups?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Uhm, sorry guys but I'm with ImNewbieSauce on this one. It's kind of important to make the opponent remember that you do have lows that you can hit them with. Is sweep punishable? Yes. Is ending a blockstring with lightning interruptable? Yes. Is anyone going to be looking for these things the majority of the time due to frame traps and overheads? Probably not.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Play around with it. If you start getting interrupted constantly, then stop doing it. It fits my game, thats all I'm saying.

Also, as for the frame data, do we know "cancel advantage". I dont think we know that officially (if im wrong please show me so i can educate myself, lol). But what if B2 (just a hypothetical, im not saying it is) is plus 25 on cancel? I know i saw a thread where someone did a little testing, but do we know for sure?
As far as I know, we don't know any of the cancel advantages, but from what I've seen 113 seems to have by far the highest cancel advantage of any blockstring.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
except arrow is a 6f punish with the cue being a D1 hitting you, you can see a 26 frame warning that a low is coming AND you never need to block standing after he does b2 trait b2

if your only arguement for a gimmick is "people arent blocking it properly" then youll dread the day you meet someone who does block properly, not even mentioning that D1 arrow is 5 times faster than lightning...

nowhere did i say frame data is all that matters, i listed the clearly better option, half your arguements are irrelevant to the subject
Every post youve made in this thread has been to say either:
This tactic is punishable on block
Or
This tactic is interruptable

Literally all you are using to back up your arguments is frame data.

Let me know when players stop doing jump ins because they are interruptable

And as for your argument about people "not blocking right"...thats what fighting games are. Are you serious? Do you expect to win because your opponent politely stands in front of you? No. You have to open them up.

Look man, we can just agree to disagree. I think youre a slave to frame data. You think I'm being an idiotic risk taker. Thats what makes this stuff fun. Different play styles. :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Uhm, sorry guys but I'm with ImNewbieSauce on this one. It's kind of important to make the opponent remember that you do have lows that you can hit them with. Is sweep punishable? Yes. Is ending a blockstring with lightning interruptable? Yes. Is anyone going to be looking for these things the majority of the time due to frame traps and overheads? Probably not.
point remains, you dont even need to risk being interrupted or even outright punished for that shit when you get that damage ANYWAYS just for pressing one riskless button in the same exact situation.

GGA Saucy Jack

In my experience, everyone is so afraid of his massive damage from overheads, they are scared to push buttons. But again, maybe thats just all my opponents. If Qwark is getting blown up for lightning cancels, then I can't fault him for not using them. But I don't get blown up for them, so I'll kerp using them. I think it's worth the risk until your opponent proves they will blow you up. Youre one helluva muffin.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Every post youve made in this thread has been to say either:
This tactic is punishable on block
Or
This tactic is interruptable

Literally all you are using to back up your arguments is frame data.

Let me know when players stop doing jump ins because they are interruptable

And as for your argument about people "not blocking right"...thats what fighting games are. Are you serious? Do you expect to win because your opponent politely stands in front of you? No. You have to open them up.

Look man, we can just agree to disagree. I think youre a slave to frame data. You think I'm being an idiotic risk taker. Thats what makes this stuff fun. Different play styles. :)
except i actually can back up what i say to blow up gimmicks.

i welcome anyone who supports there ideas to go against top players and do them, anyone.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In my experience, everyone is so afraid of his massive damage from overheads, they are scared to push buttons. But again, maybe thats just all my opponents. If Qwark is getting blown up for lightning cancels, then I can't fault him for not using them. But I don't get blown up for them, so I'll kerp using them. I think it's worth the risk until your opponent proves they will blow you up. Youre one helluva muffin.
im not getting blown up at all, i just know what a gimmick is when i see one. when you actually dont use something when people can blow you up for it every damn time then you know its a gimmick.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I think the listed options are pretty useful for reading and keeping the opponent honest. I usually only attack if I have the opportunity for a crossup or try to whiff punish bad spacing. If blocked, I started ending with lightening the first time to see if the opponent mashes out of strings or is respecting too much. That said, I think sweep is possible to block on reaction.

GGA Saucy Jack

except i actually can back up what i say to blow up gimmicks.

i welcome anyone who supports there ideas to go against top players and do them, anyone.
I train offline with some of the best players in the game twice a week. I'll let them know to go level up. Your input is appreciated.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
point remains, you dont even need to risk being interrupted or even outright punished for that shit when you get that damage ANYWAYS just for pressing one riskless button in the same exact situation.
The point isn't the damage, the fact that you opened them up that option means they will have to think about it the next time around. Adam will always have chip damage we already know this. It makes the opponent respect one more option and could possibly open them up Adam's overheads. It's not something you should do often or anything, but it's definitely there. Plus the real estate you get for using ex lightning in block strings is perfect.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
im not getting blown up at all, i just know what a gimmick is when i see one. when you actually dont use something when people can blow you up for it every damn time then you know its a gimmick.
Well until I get blown up for it every time I use it I'm going to keep doing it.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im all for using Ex Lightning up close. Its a good tool and i only get interrupted when i make it incredibly known that im about to throw it.

I will never use Sweep. Ew.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
I agree.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I agree. But also remember that d1 lighting hands is a low option that is safe and leaves you with a similar situation to sweep on hit, I'm all for the option of using a low, and I'm sure sweep works, but what makes it more viable then d1 lightning hands in any scenario? I simply cant think of a great reason to really use it, if you have one i would legitimately love to hear it
D1 isnt a low. Its a mid.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Wut............well i take all that back, i kind of assumed too much i guess, now i look like an ass, well fuck me sideways, ok, now i can see why sweep is more usable
You can block d1 standing just like in Mk9. Its not a d3 or d4. People blocked d1s low in MK to counter poke more easily and cover the other poke options at the same time.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
You can block d1 standing just like in Mk9. Its not a d3 or d4. People blocked d1s low in MK to counter poke more easily and cover the other poke options at the same time.
No i totally understand, I dont know how i got that idea in my head, ugh, i just wanna delete this moment from history lolol, idk why i even thought that, every time i caught people with d1 lightning hands i knew it was because they were trying to interrupt, i need to get some sleep today man lol

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
No i totally understand, I dont know how i got that idea in my head, ugh, i just wanna delete this moment from history lolol, idk why i even thought that, every time i caught people with d1 lightning hands i knew it was because they were trying to interrupt, i need to get some sleep today man lol
Haha its cool. We all have those brain farts every now and then. Yours is just documented =P

Just gotta say derp and move on.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Haha its cool. We all have those brain farts every now and then. Yours is just documented =P

Just gotta say derp and move on.
Yea it happens, didnt get much sleep last night, I'm barely awake right now lol, but anyway, i can see sweep being semi worth it it some situations then, more so with lightning, but all in all i think we all agree that we have to keep our opponents aware of our low options, make them respect them, and if they do, we take advantage of it with overheads, if they dont, take advantage with our low options lol