What's new

B3 Timing Inconsistencies :(

EIN

Noob
Hey Guys,

Anyone else having a hard time landing B3 after F2,D3~DB2MB or B2,1~DB2MB?

I can't seem to be 100% landing B3 after those strings (it's super easy after the 212 string since Robin lifts the opponent higher after the second 2). Also, I noticed after DB2, you can either MB early or tab bit later. Does this affect the timing for B3?

Anyways, was wondering if anyone had either a visual or audio cue to help with B3 timing.

Cheers,
Nelson

EIN

Noob
After labbing for an hour. I found it easier to MB DB2 when your opponent is at the height of the juggle and then to hit B3 right as Robin has landed and is turning around from DB2.

Feeling a little more comfortable with B3s now :)

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
After labbing for an hour. I found it easier to MB DB2 when your opponent is at the height of the juggle and then to hit B3 right as Robin has landed and is turning around from DB2.

Feeling a little more comfortable with B3s now :)
Yeah i was struggling at first, but now I feel more comfortable with the timing.

EIN

Noob
Also found it even easier to do B3 right after Robin puts away his sword from the MB DB2 :)

finally at a 90% success rate

I'm not by my PS4 and I don't know the damage difference, but I was using jump 2 immediately after MB DB2 into 212 into ender, taking out the B3 until I got that B3 down a little more consistently.

EIN

Noob
I'm not by my PS4 and I don't know the damage difference, but I was using jump 2 immediately after MB DB2 into 212 into ender, taking out the B3 until I got that B3 down a little more consistently.
You'll want to master B3 so you can use BD4 (explosive batterang) into sweep. This causes a hard knockdown onto batterang which leads into a 50/50 mixup.

B3 is essential to start utilizing Robin's trait mixups vs just doing a combo ender.

Emperor Pryce shows this tech in his video here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/midscreen-trait-usage-50-50s.63859/#post-2276731

actually spamming mb right after db2 is the higher the opponent will be , its still something like a 1 frame link no matter what and if you delay the mb too mutch it wont hit ever , the only way to pull this off is to know the perfect frame timing wich is retarded in a fighting game

EIN

Noob
actually spamming mb right after db2 is the higher the opponent will be , its still something like a 1 frame link no matter what and if you delay the mb too mutch it wont hit ever , the only way to pull this off is to know the perfect frame timing wich is (soap bar in my mouth) in a fighting game
I tried both ways and i'm landing B3 with the same success rate. Anyways, getting his B3 down allows trait set ups. I was able to replicate the set seen on Emperor Pryce's thread blow.

well i am having this same problem, and i cant get down the timing at all. its almost making me want to switch characters

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
well i am having this same problem, and i cant get down the timing at all. its almost making me want to switch characters
Yesterday I was saying the exact same thing, was beyond frustrated. Today, I can suddenly pull it off maybe eight times out of ten (offline, at least). "Keep practising" isn't exactly the most helpful advice, but it's all you can really do.

That and try to MB it at the height of the juggle, like others have said. It's not necessary, but it helps.

Yesterday I was saying the exact same thing, was beyond frustrated. Today, I can suddenly pull it off maybe eight times out of ten (offline, at least). "Keep practising" isn't exactly the most helpful advice, but it's all you can really do.

That and try to MB it at the height of the juggle, like others have said. It's not necessary, but it helps.
yea your right, im glad you pointed out that "keep practicing" isnt the best advice lol, it shows that you understand. ill definitely keep trying though.

and when you hit the back 3, how do you do it? tap back and 3 at the same time, as quickly as possible? or hold back, then tap 3?

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
yea your right, im glad you pointed out that "keep practicing" isnt the best advice lol, it shows that you understand. ill definitely keep trying though.

and when you hit the back 3, how do you do it? tap back and 3 at the same time, as quickly as possible? or hold back, then tap 3?
Always at the same time, never tried holding it or mashing.

i just saw , sonicfox droping it 5 times back a back and hayatei drop it couple times at Toryuken and same goes for Reo

all those player have insane executions and this combo is just too crazy , shouldnt be a 1 frame link even if its 3 frame its retarded either reduce the recovery for the db2 mb or increase the juggle height easy fix its not like it does 60% i can do the same damage with darkseid or capitain cold and the combos are brain dead

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
i just saw , sonicfox droping it 5 times back a back and hayatei drop it couple times at Toryuken and same goes for Reo

all those player have insane executions and this combo is just too crazy , shouldnt be a 1 frame link even if its 3 frame its (soap bar in my mouth) either reduce the recovery for the db2 mb or increase the juggle height easy fix its not like it does 60% i can do the same damage with darkseid or capitain cold and the combos are brain dead
This

ppl problably think im salty or that im trash , but im playing top tier characters that require no execution or barely like superman and atrocitus and i do 40 to 50 % without even thinking about it.

my point is a lot of my friends and coworkers play characters that dont give a lot of reward for insanly hard combos that im sure like 0.01% of NRS staff after 3 years of working on the game can pull off with that 6-7 frame input lag.

i understand the point of putting scalling for the pros to express themself but unlike SFV INJ2 and MKX give you a lot of freedom with combos and tech and Sonicfox doesnt win EVO and Majors because of his execution he wins cause he out plays everyone.

This is a step back from MKX big time there is no reasons why INJ2 is more executions heavy than MKX and imo its even worst than tekken 7 , after few hours in tekken i was able to pull off every hard combos perfectly but not INJ2.