What's new

Tech - Cyber Sub-Zero B2 tech

i just started playing MKX again this week and noticed that you can cancel B2 into ice ball, bomb and slide. Anyone find any good tech with B2?

i don't think there is much 'tech'. it's useful for the mind game of the OH of b2 or the low of b2~slide. I get more utility from it in the corner. i love b2~drone summon but i think thats just me

I guess I don't mean tech but more like shenanigans. I find b2-ice ball works well on most non advancing armored wakeups.

Hey guys, do we have any tech for corner wake up input reversals? Im trying to use HTB's ALOT less now.

I have found that when knocking someone in the corner with F2-bomb set up. Then I get alot of people by doing either a B2 full on overhead (it catches jump outs if timed right even though it may not refreeze you get the pop up to combo into another f2 set up) or B2-slide. So turns it into a gimmick 50/50, of course with slide its minimal damage but from that point you can still pressure.

B2 has been my new go to for trip guarding jump-ins and punishing wake up throws/normals/short-range specials.

Attaching a video (of course this Kano player wasn't that good though or had no MU knowledge lol)

Let me know what you guys think, and also my original question about corner wake up reversals lol.

Also a mind game is after f2 ender drop your bomb wait and then go b2 oh (bomb won't freeze) do your combo into f2 again drop bomb do b2 immediately into slide (no bomb freeze) and of course in the midst of that you can do a htb or 21 tech throw to force them to guess your next move. I did this against cr drstrange and it worked pretty well.

Just remember b2 tripguards really well on jumpins if your spacing is well. Ill post more vids of these examples

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Also a mind game is after f2 ender drop your bomb wait and then go b2 oh (bomb won't freeze) do your combo into f2 again drop bomb do b2 immediately into slide (no bomb freeze) and of course in the midst of that you can do a htb or 21 tech throw to force them to guess your next move. I did this against cr drstrange and it worked pretty well.

Just remember b2 tripguards really well on jumpins if your spacing is well. Ill post more vids of these examples
Why not finish these B2 corner combos with a close ice bomb? Your combos are far from max damage!

Why not finish these B2 corner combos with a close ice bomb? Your combos are far from max damage!
I do that as well. Well now i do if I end a combo with f2. Ive also done an oki setup where you can end with 111 close bomb, let the opponent fall and do a 21 or something. I like 21 because even on hit or delayed wakeup u can atleast grab because your safe. Then while hes down start the mind games again, your still in b2 range or b2 slide

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I do that as well. Well now i do if I end a combo with f2. Ive also done an oki setup where you can end with 111 close bomb, let the opponent fall and do a 21 or something. I like 21 because even on hit or delayed wakeup u can atleast grab because your safe. Then while hes down start the mind games again, your still in b2 range or b2 slide
F2 doesn't always give you the best hit advantage. If you didn't use ice ball in the combo, then finish it with 114 ice bomb! It is the same with Cyrax! In that video, your opponents didn't know what the hell was going on. But if that was someone who knew the MU you wouldn't get a way with murder.

F2 doesn't always give you the best hit advantage. If you didn't use ice ball in the combo, then finish it with 114 ice bomb! It is the same with Cyrax! In that video, your opponents didn't know what the hell was going on. But if that was someone who knew the MU you wouldn't get a way with murder.
Lol oooooh ok! Gotcha will do, since that new post with the corner wu reversal came up I've been using 114 bomb more. It just feels weird ty tho

More b2 shenanigans lol
Note: i caught this guy with b2 alot because I'm some other matches I mixed him with b2 xx slide to hit low if a bomb was out to stay safe when the bomb would explode during my recovery frames on block or timed my b2 x slide to hit him standing which would cause a freeze when he was landing. Mixing up 21 anti jumpout, the htb b3d4, and b2 options is all based on reads though.