What's new

Tech - Cyrax B2 double armor break. Meterless. Loopable.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This could be exciting stuff for Cyrax.

In this video I am full combo punishing Shinnok through 2 hits or armor and relaunching him into net and back into the same situation.

Using stance switch as a frame kill is an easy way to set this up but you can also manually time it.

This works on most double hitting armors above 12 frames and destroys slower hitting armors (kenshi).

At the end of the video I show how the stance switch timing also changes the block pattern for the opponent. Making the overhead actually hit the opponent. This is a low/overhead block which a good change from overhead/low created from b1. If you use the normal timing it just hits mid/low so having stance switch really helps to ensure the overhead connects even on crouch block.

He is re-netted because the low doesn't count as a launcher only damage due to the armor protecting him from it. So if the opponent armors you can always net after and do another HTB. If the opponent just blocks then its easy to tell if the low hits by the juggle and if they block low and get hit by the overhead then you can re-net.

This isn't intended as a super hard HTB, just a means of blowing up safe armors. The sheer fact that it is a low/overhead is a bonus.

If you mess up the timing, theres no need to worry. You will still net around 13% ( 6% bomb, 7% B2) damage for your troubles which is a solid damage trade. The slower the reversal the easier it is, and no need to change the timing as the characters wake-up on the same frames.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Tech roll?
Not designed to beat tech roll. Delayed wake-up also works against it.

You can beat techroll armor if it advances slightly buy doing the B2 quicker. And if they are constantly techroll backdashing with the same bomb do teleport behind for full punish. If they are delaying wake-up (what you want) hit them with double bombs B3d4 or dash mix.

The set-up is versatile because you can do double bombs from it and do it at the end of most sequences.

In the corner they can't techroll backdash unless triborg cause its airborne.

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
He's not a garbage character. He struggles in the neutral and has a very high learning curve though.
I 100% agree, that's why I always laugh when people say he's the one of the worst characters in the game. This character has serious mix.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I 100% agree, that's why I always laugh when people say he's the one of the worst characters in the game. This character has serious mix.
I think its too late to get cyrax on the competitive map.

But I hope his legacy in mkxl is looked back on as a strong character with some of the best set-ups.

myri

Time Warrior
I think its too late to get cyrax on the competitive map.

But I hope his legacy in mkxl is looked back on as a strong character with some of the best set-ups.
The worst problem Cyrax has in this game is that Sektor and Smoke are just better overall really, no reason to pick him over them in tournament.