What's new

Strategy B2,3 Midscreen Resets

King

Sig Maker
I was in training mode with Smoke trying out his F4 resets when I stumbled across these B2,3 midscreen resets. These reset combos aren't too hard to time and can net you 60% with one bar. I haven't done testing with an actual human because I don't have a second controller so I was hoping someone else in here can do it. :) Anyways, I just wanted to share this. Sorry if it was old news.

3d12 dash 32 dash b23 EX Smoke Bomb 32 dash 32 B23 EX Smoke Bomb 79%

32 dash 32 dash b23 EX Smoke Bomb(36) NJP dash 32 dash B23 EX Smoke Bomb(40) NJP dash 32 Smoke Bomb (27) = 103%

3d12 dash 32 dash b23 EX Smoke Bomb 32 dash 32 Smoke Bomb (57%)

3d12 dash 32 dash b23 EX Smoke Bomb 32 dash 32 Uppercut (60%)

B23 Smoke Bomb 32 Dash B23 EX Smoke Bomb Dash 32 Dash 32 Dash Uppercut (51%)

Smoke Bomb NJP Dash 32 Dash B23 EX Smoke Bomb Dash 32 Dash 32 Uppercut (58%)

EDIT: Only the first part of the resets work in the corner. Any double reset combos will not work. Only the first reset will work and the second will cause the normal splat of an EX Smoke Bomb.

EDIT 2: Upon further testing IN TRAINING MODE, the opponent couldn't wake up attack or block out of any of these resets.

EDIT 3: If you are wondering why this reset is better than the F4 one, it's because it is much easier to perform and is more versatile than the F4 one. This reset also works ONCE in the corner and works 100% of the time midscreen. (Based on training mode testing.)

Are you sure these are 100% guaranteed or only on CPU. Because a lot of these look like they can be blocked. I'll just have to try myself

Update: Its just a CPU bug not a reset

pretty sure these are CPU only. you can do JiP 214~exbomb and set the dummy to block and wake up (but they cant do niether) and it counts as a 'reset' .

elamit

Noob
Thank you for this post. And a special thanks for posting the actual inputs with the video.
They seem to work great. But I've only played against the computer on hard.
Can't wait to try these online.:evilgrin: