What's new

B143 Slide help

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
you have to do manually and mechanically the input command for slide, but, very very quickly , almost tapping it at the same type as soon as you push 3 .... kinda, doing in the first 1 or 2 frames of the 3 button movement animation while it is active , kinda cancelling it with the slide .... you have to go in lab training and train that until feels natural

It’s a custom set but I’m trying to pull off B32 DF1 B32 DB3(AMP) B143 BF3. Unlike Noob Saibot, his combo seem to confuse me with all the BACK inputs let along not being able to cancel into a special.

You're overthinking it, bud. Think of 34 like the extension off of B1 (or away 1, as in you hold away from your opponent regardless of what side of the screen you're on), you don't have to hold back the entire time, the string isn't B1B4B3, but you don't have to make a big deal of letting go of back, as you can hold it for the duration and your string will still come out. As long as you release it in time to input the first button of your slide cancel. So just hold back and tap 143, and let go around the second kick and tap BF3 for your slide. Work on speeding it up. With practice you'll get it down smoothly and dial it in like one big string, B143BF3.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Make sure you're not continuing to hold back after the b143. You have to let off the d-pad before you input the bf3 for slide as the poster above said.

I also find it helpful to wait a little bit before inputting the slide. I input the b143 pretty quickly (just a habit) but I usually wait until I start seeing the 3 in the b143 coming out before I input slide. If I rush through it, the slide tends to not come out. You can also tinker with the input window in your controller options to find what setting best suits you.

You're overthinking it, bud. Think of 34 like the extension off of B1 (or away 1, as in you hold away from your opponent regardless of what side of the screen you're on), you don't have to hold back the entire time, the string isn't B1B4B3, but you don't have to make a big deal of letting go of back, as you can hold it for the duration and your string will still come out. As long as you release it in time to input the first button of your slide cancel. So just hold back and tap 143, and let go around the second kick and tap BF3 for your slide. Work on speeding it up. With practice you'll get it down smoothly and dial it in like one big string, B143BF3.
Ok thanks. This helped. I also noticed my fingers were being clumsy and not just pressing BF. Stupid fat thumbs

Make sure you're not continuing to hold back after the b143. You have to let off the d-pad before you input the bf3 for slide as the poster above said.

I also find it helpful to wait a little bit before inputting the slide. I input the b143 pretty quickly (just a habit) but I usually wait until I start seeing the 3 in the b143 coming out before I input slide. If I rush through it, the slide tends to not come out. You can also tinker with the input window in your controller options to find what setting best suits you.
Thank you :)

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I have problems with back forward inputs in general. One of the reasons why I put him on the back burner for now. By itself, I can do it every time, but cancelling into a back forward special only works like 60% of time for me. Having the same issues with Kabal.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I have problems with back forward inputs in general. One of the reasons why I put him on the back burner for now. By itself, I can do it every time, but cancelling into a back forward special only works like 60% of time for me. Having the same issues with Kabal.
That´s normally just a muscle memory issue. Keep practicing and you will get it to perfection in no time. Also, do your inpust as clean as possible, don´t mash, don´t panic and press as fast as you can, slow and clean is way better than fast and hope ;)

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
That´s normally just a muscle memory issue. Keep practicing and you will get it to perfection in no time. Also, do your inpust as clean as possible, don´t mash, don´t panic and press as fast as you can, slow and clean is way better than fast and hope ;)
Yeah, it does come out more often when I'm being more precise, but it's still doesn't come out all the time. Just have to play a character that doesn't have them.