What's new

B11212 Gameplan and Which Variation Uses It The Best

Before we talk about the variations we need to go over the actual mind game of the move. On block, the opponent cancels into Amplified Crossbow Blast and once they start punishing it Fujin then starts cancelling into Wind Kick/Warped Needle depending on the variation which we'll go over later. Now, before I can go any further, we must also talk about how to punish B11212 xx BF1 Amp on block. I thought about posting how every character in the game can punish this move, but I decided that would take a lot of fun out of labbing for some of you an just enable the laziness in others. To sum it up, every character has a specific and unique way of dealing with this move and some characters can't punish it at all (Kabal, Kollector, Jax outside of Fatal Blow, etc.). Now, the way to punish can either be by neutral ducking after the third hit of the string and doing a special move(Jacqui's Bionic Bounce). Doing a parry after the third string because of the gap (Nightwolf's Reflector). Neutral duck after the third hit and punish with a normal (Cassie Cage's Backhand). Or you could simply just block the entire B11212 xx BF1 AMP and do a Reversal Special (Jade's Nitro Kick). Those are just a few examples. There are so many more ways, just very specific ways. Now, for those character who have to duck after the third hit to get their punish is where the mind game happens.

Downburst
When the opponent ducks to get their punish because Fujin has been going into Crossbow all game is when it's time for the Fujin player to cancel into Wind Kick instead of Crossbow to get his punish. This seems pretty good against those certain characters right? Wrong. At any time, the defending player can opt to just hold neutral duck and D2 your Wind Kick and we all know what D2 does to high attacks. Well, hold on right there you may say. If they just sit there and neutral duck I can just do Down Cross Bow Blast or Amplified Down Crossbow Blast. Yeah, you could, but you are using a ton of meter with a very high risk very low reward set-up in any of the said scenarios. B11 needs to be used in this variation as a whiff punishing tool ONLY. I mean, unless your opponent just completely suck or has an extreme lack of knowledge about Fujin.

Kloud Walker
The mind game in this variation is very similar except it does it better. Better by a lot ... unfortunately no. Instead of Wind Kick, he gets a move called Warped Needle. Warped Needle is a Mid, so no D2 now. So what's the problem you ask? Well, Warped Needle is -16 on block. So this means if the opponent guesses correctly then they get to punish. That seems balanced you ask. Well, it would be if Fujin's damage output matched the opponents. The opponent will be blocking the first three hits of the B11212 string anyway so the opponent will only be taking 8% from the Warped Needle. Fujin can always Amplify the Warped Needle and it becomes -1 on block and if it hits them he gets 13% damage. The fact that Amplifying it has a gap isn't bad seeing as it will have to be a hard read and the use of a confident Flawless Block. The bad thing here is the risk vs. reward. Fujin hardly gets any damage vs. the opponent getting their highest damaging punish or any set-up they choose.

Cyclone
This variation is where the move gets the most bang for it's buck. At anytime you can just throw B11212 out for free. On hit, you confirm into Wind Kick and get 17% like in Downburst. On block, you confirm into Amplified Wind Push which makes you completely safe and puts you at the perfect range this variation wants to be in. This is why I think this variation uses it the best. There's no risk involved what-so-ever and there is a decent reward.

Conclusion
I'm not saying his gameplan is entirely revolved around B11212 nor am I'm saying which variation is the best. I'm just giving my opinion on which variation uses B11212 the best and give a little insight since many people seem to be having trouble understanding how to use it. B11212 isn't a very good string, but B11 is. I've been hearing and seeing a lot of comments on YouTube talking about how bad B11 is when it isn't. B11212 is, not B11. Every string isn't made to just throw out there mindlessly. You have to use your brain. B11 is a whiff punishing move. Fujin isn't a rushdown character. Just because you like a character doesn't mean he fits your playstyle. This is a big reason I think many people don't like Fujin. People playing this game do not like to use their brain and actually out smart the opponent by outspacing them or baiting them. They want a plus frames, rushdown, run button, Overhead/Low, flip a coin, I'm playing training mode on you, MKX Fujin. this isn't MKX and he is a spacing heavy character. He is a wind God. Of course he is going to be a spacing heavy character. It fits.

B11212 has it's mind game albeit a horrible one, but B11 is a great Mid and needs to be used accordingly. If I keep going on I'll get into a whole other topic on his overall gameplan and other buttons and how to use those and it'll become a 50,000 word guide so I'll stop here. Does B11212 need a buff? Yes, I most definitely think it does, but instead of complaining ... lets figure out the best way to use what we got. Complaining solves nothing. Understanding the problem and coming up with solution does.

If anyone has anything to add to the B11212 string gameplan or anything with his gameplan then feel free. If you disagree with anything I said, I'm always open minded and would love to discuss and figure more stuff out.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
When canceling into Warped Needle from b11212, it pushes back further than normal. So yes, it's -16, but it's utterly unpunishabe by some characters. RoboCop can punish normal Warped Needle no problem with his 13-frame f2, but he has no attack that can punish Warped Needle when it's canceled into from b11212.

When canceling into Warped Needle from b11212, it pushes back further than normal. So yes, it's -16, but it's utterly unpunishabe by some characters. RoboCop can punish normal Warped Needle no problem with his 13-frame f2, but he has no attack that can punish Warped Needle when it's canceled into from b11212.
Robocop can't even punish the B11212 xx BF1 Amp so he would never be unblocking to allow Fujin to do the mind game so it makes using BF1 Amp completely irrelevent. You should just go into DB4 every time on block against Robocop with Kloud Walker. I didn't know this until you mentioned it so I went to lab it. This just goes to show how important it is to lab matchups. This most definitely does make B11212 a really good string for Kloud Walker against Robocop though.

The thing about warped needle is that not every char can punish and it can be spammed a lot, and for the chars that can punish, if you have offensive bar you can amplify it...so, it is a guess.
And by the way, you can use back foward 2 too to make the string safe, you can cloud walk to change a little bit and mix....lots of fun.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Robocop can't even punish the B11212 xx BF1 Amp so he would never be unblocking to allow Fujin to do the mind game so it makes using BF1 Amp completely irrelevent. You should just go into DB4 every time on block against Robocop with Kloud Walker. I didn't know this until you mentioned it so I went to lab it. This just goes to show how important it is to lab matchups. This most definitely does make B11212 a really good string for Kloud Walker against Robocop though.
Correct. no need to mess with finishing the string, as he can't do anything about b11212~db4. However, it can still be worth using the amplified version on block. Just because RoboCop can't punish doesn't mean he can't still take his turn with a dash-f21. If he does it quickly enough, it will catch Fujin doing anything (though jumping might cause the 3rd hit of f212 to whiff, getting Fujin a full-kombo punish). However, if RoboCop delays even a little bit then Fujin has time to shimmy into another b11 that will catch RoboCop's delayed f21. This makes the amplified db4 important for training the RoboCop to wait to see if it comes out or not, which is all the time Fujin needs to keep his offense going.

The thing about warped needle is that not every char can punish and it can be spammed a lot, and for the chars that can punish, if you have offensive bar you can amplify it...so, it is a guess.
And by the way, you can use back foward 2 too to make the string safe, you can cloud walk to change a little bit and mix....lots of fun.
What is BF2?