What's new

Breakthrough - Hellfire B1 FBC allows a true combo on hit from a dash without running.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
As always, apologies if already known.

Notice my stamina and my inputs and you'll notice I didn't run once during this conversion.

May seem trivial on paper, but I believe this has some uses.

1) B1 has a tad more range than standing 1 or standing 2 and is able to punish a few things that they won't.

2) Given that B1 hits mid, it's a good option to check someone attempting to counterpoke with after a 214 FB dash cancel on block, especially if you're low enough on stamina that you can only dash cancel anyway.

3) May slightly optimize a post-flame aura link, (not sure however, since as you can see, the demonstrated link scales more than the 214 BNB by itself) and since stamina recovers faster from a dash cancel, it won't cut into your subsequent reps of blockstring pressure.

@Slips
@Scoot Magee
@JTB123
@Vagrant
@Eddy Wang
@HeroesNZ
@YOMI MITYEAP
@OutworldKeith
@vegeta
@RM Crimson Panther
@Ares_Supreme
@GrandMasterson
@Triplswing
@every hellfire player

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Nice find. If you catch someone with this with FU already active then with the standard EX tele combo you will gurantee another FU afterwards as well. Otherwise I think you're better off with B12 aura as your starter.

Yeah, could be useful option after 214 dash cancel. Since the B1 would beat most unarmored hits and would be possible to combo with less stamina. I would probably do 114 as well for consistency.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah, could be useful option after 214 dash cancel. Since the B1 would beat most unarmored hits and would be possible to combo with less stamina. I would probably do 114 as well for consistency.
For sure. 114/123 definitely feel more consistent despite only being 1 frame faster. I just stuck with 214 in the video demonstration for swag points. :DOGE

With all that advantage can you jump in after a b1 run cancel and continue the combo?
Possibly. Is there a rough idea on how long it takes for a crossover jump punch to connect done from point blank? Slowest thing I've been able to link from B1 FBRC is the 25 frame F4 overhead.

Side note, could we just call all run cancels RC and all dash cancels DC? It's not like we would be confused on what move to use per character. Would simplify notations.