What's new

Tech b.o.p-mt corner tech

kaseyk

Noob

this is a very useful tech on most of the cast .
when you finish corner combo with birds of prey 12b3-mt (dont throw) you have several options to mess up opponents wakeup and counter it . most options dont work against dd , bane , grundy .
all start 12b3-mt(hold) and options are

1dash neutral jump - if they dont tech roll this turns their wakeup towards corner free combo . if they do roll it wont spin them . this is 100% safe against batman/raven/gl .

1dash jump forward - this makes you bounce off as if you jumped backwards much faster then you could back jump yourself . this is best option against cyborg(powerfist is main wakeup if you j1 as your coming down full easy full combo) or sin(arachnid sting will whiff and can air mtmb for full combo . rock drop gets you but no sin will wakeup rock in corner)

2dash block - if they dont tech roll it spins them into corner free combo . if they roll wakeup o well your blocking counter them .if you badass and against 1hitter wakeups you can we2 their tech roll wakeup for full combo .

mt whiff mb block - if they dont roll this spins them . if they do roll o well your blocking . if they use an unsafe wakeup they get shoulder to face . again if your badass and against 1hitter wakeups we2 full combo . (this works against bane dd and grundy if they dont roll )

this works on every stage and every edge .

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I tested it & i don't understand the use of it :O
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) dash doesn't do anything
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) Dash & jump just reversed my jump & idk how that could be useful
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) double dash is the only one... It made a reversal on their wake ups, but it's not consistent, sometimes their wake ups were reversed, sometimes they didn't & sometimes my dash was reversed :S But it also worked without the mace toss cancel.

Good find tho :) Thanks for sharing

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Could you possibly get video performing some of these set ups? I'm just not sure if I'm understanding them, thanks :).

kaseyk

Noob
I tested it & i don't understand the use of it :O
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) dash doesn't do anything
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) Dash & jump just reversed my jump & idk how that could be useful
The 1,2,B3~MT(cancel) double dash is the only one... It made a reversal on their wake ups, but it's not consistent, sometimes their wake ups were reversed, sometimes they didn't & sometimes my dash was reversed :S But it also worked without the mace toss cancel.

Good find tho Thanks for sharing
the single dash does nothing without jumpin or neutral jump . theres a timing to it except the double dash . if you tested against dd/bane/grundy it doesnt work on them
test it against batman/raven/gl all their wakeups teched or not its 100% safe . you still have options to delay drop and such .
the double dash does work without mt but good to do it anyway so you have the other options still .
keep messing with it , it works everytime for me . the more tricks you have with hg the less predictable and more successful you will be .

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
the single dash does nothing without jumpin or neutral jump . theres a timing to it except the double dash . if you tested against dd/bane/grundy it doesnt work on them
test it against batman/raven/gl all their wakeups teched or not its 100% safe . you still have options to delay drop and such .
the double dash does work without mt but good to do it anyway so you have the other options still .
keep messing with it , it works everytime for me . the more tricks you have with hg the less predictable and more successful you will be .
No, i actually tested the double dash on characters with good wake ups... I tested against Killer Frost's slide, Wonder Woman's spin, Catwoman's trait, etc.. Their wake ups were sometimes reversed & sometimes not, it might be safe, but there were some cases were my dash was reversed & that's a free combo for them.

& no, i don't guess i'll use it tho, maybe just against a few characters & i won't take the risk lol. I will stick with the wake up pressure.

kaseyk

Noob
as is the case with hg her usable skill set changes depending on mu .
i didnt test it on cw or ww yet mainly because it wouldnt effect their wakeups . ww spin is asking to get ruined by hg lol . kf though the single dash jumpin bounces off and j3 lands on her head if she slides for combo or mtmb combo for everything else .
just another tool is all use it or don't :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

heres crap quality vid but it shows the just of this tech .

You should put that video in your original post too to supplement it, thanks a lot :).

It seems very effective although I wish 1 was a mid instead of a high, it would make it much more potent. I'm curious if a similar set up could be gleaned off of some of her mid hitting strings as well. I wanna hit the lab on this sometime tonight, love that set up. SonicBoomBrad does something similar to that with Doomsday with the wake up reversals.

kaseyk

Noob
it does work with any starter as long as you end it with 12b3 like so b22-we2-b1-we3-12b3-mt(tech choice) or b23-22-12b3-mt(tech choice) etc ect
dd has a hop in his dash giving a similar effect as this tech .i believe the reason this works so well is the way they land north/south from 12b3 , unique knockdown position .
side note i was able to land this twice consecutively , full string was b22-we2-22-12b3-mt(1dash neutral j2 which always lands in corner)-123-dash under -b1-we3-12b3-mt(1dash neutral j3)-4-2-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-4-1d3 .
this was in labs against gl but it made me like the potential for this .

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This is awesome man. Absolutely great stuff. I've been trying to find some of this tech as Hawkgirl for a while. I'm glad someone else found it first.

The possibilities of this in some matchups is crazy.

kaseyk

Noob
thx circus . the bounce off version seems the most useful in certain mu's but the input reverse is also great in alot of mu's causing no wakeup with whiffing normals .