What's new

Auto Flawless Block launch setups + Tech (Kabal)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Decided to share some of my Kabal tech today so here goes.

You can Auto FB opponents taking their turn by using moves with odd recovery or moves that are -4 to -6 ob. -5 being the golden number for Auto FB.

Kabal has several moves that you can use this tech:
  • F22
  • B12
  • Anything into NDC(pretty hard)
But I think his best one is B12 with F22 being the second best because it has very strange recovery. There is a huge delay so there is a larger amount of time gone by before its your opponents turn. This almost guarantees they will poke or strike immediately after you recover from B12.
If you know the recovery of your B12 well you can easily launch them for 26% by flawless blocking their 6-9f move.

In this clip I'm using Jacqui as an example since she has an 8f special that can be used on reversal so it comes out frame perfect. Its the perfect way to lab up Flawless Blocks. After some practice you can do this consistently in matches:

So this works vs 6-9f pokes, Starters and even 9f mids if they do it as soon as they can. Its worth noting that Dizzy from NRS told me the opponent has a 3f buffer window after blocking an attack to do moves back so if they press their counter attack 3f before they recover it will come out just frame. This means Auto FB benefits greatly since you are wanting your opponent to poke or ram their 9f mid in your face on the first available frame because you launch em and get another turn.

Hope this helps others and remember this applies to every character.

Shimmy Setups:

some of his Meterless and metered shimmy setups that work wonders after you establish the auto flawless block tech I have above.

Anti Wakeup OS & Options With Kabal:

B1xxNomad Dash is easily one of the best OS's in the game because it removes the opponents ability to Wakeup U+2/U+3 and the best part is even if they wakeup throw/Roll/Delay you are safe and Nomad Dash doesn't come out.
- The trick is to Buffer the Nomad Dash after the B1 so it only comes out on hit.
You can alternatively J2 front mad range after a small delay to destroy every WU in the game and he stays safe on roll/delay if you block. Catches U2+U3/Throw.

With this added to your arsenal I'm sure no one can ever WU again vs your Kabal MS/CC.
Its worth noting Clean Cut has Extended Hook which is basically an Auto OS since it has insane pushback on block and mad range and on hit restands them into plus frames. So CC mains get creative and incorporate setups to stuff wakeup or simply use it for free spacing maybe even shimmy..

Notes:
We all know Clean Cut has a 2f fuzzy window on his 50/50's and Mean Streak has 5f fuzzy block window for them to block your mix. But Kabal is mainly used in the footsie range.
Staggers, wiff punishing, spacing, plus frames, Auto FB's and Cancels are what's used to open up your opponents with both versions of Kabal. I honestly feel Mean Streak has legit mix because of his NDC's and this adds several layers to the mind games. With shimmy setups, Auto flawless block launchers and many amazing mids with great range and hurtboxless normals I feel he doesn't even need the 50/50's so I don't mind that it's fuzzyable.

Hope this helps other Kabal mains or anyone looking to pick him up as a secondary or 3rd

If anyone wants me to test a characters Auto FB's let me know in the comments.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Decided to share some of my Kabal tech today so here goes.

You can Auto FB opponents taking their turn by using moves with odd recovery or moves that are -4 to -6 ob. -5 being the golden number for Auto FB.

Kabal has several moves that you can use this tech:
F2
F22
B12

But I think his best one is B12 with F22 being the second best because it has very strange recovery. There is a huge delay so there is a larger amount of time gone by before its your opponents turn. This almost guarantees they will poke or strike immediately after you recover from B12.
If you know the recovery of your B12 well you can easily launch them for 26% by flawless blocking their 6-9f move.

In this clip I'm using Jacqui as an example since she has an 8f special that can be used on reversal so it comes out frame perfect. Its the perfect way to lab up Flawless Blocks. After some practice you can do this consistently in matches:

So this works vs 6-9f pokes, Starters and even 9f mids if they do it as soon as they can. Its worth noting that Dizzy from NRS told me the opponent has a 3f buffer window after blocking an attack to do moves back so if they press their counter attack 3f before they recover it will come out just frame. This means Auto FB benefits greatly since you are wanting your opponent to poke or ram their 9f mid in your face on the first available frame because you launch em and get another turn.

Hope this helps others and remember this applies to every character.
Been practicing this for some time but I don‘t have too much success with flawless blocking pokes. I do think it‘s a good thing to have down especially for mean streak since you want to condition them to respect your cancel follow up, fbu2ing their pokes is a good way to do that. I just haven‘t had success with it in actual matches idk if it‘s because it‘s just online or me mistiming it.

LawAbidingCitizen

Been practicing this for some time but I don‘t have too much success with flawless blocking pokes. I do think it‘s a good thing to have down especially for mean streak since you want to condition them to respect your cancel follow up, fbu2ing their pokes is a good way to do that. I just haven‘t had success with it in actual matches idk if it‘s because it‘s just online or me mistiming it.
What are you doing it off?
I'm finding F22 is harder but B12 is perfect for timing. Better players will buffer their counter and you basically auto FB.
A good person to watch is NinjaKilla he does this in matches all the time with Kang. Kang has B124/F4/F43/212 which all work to Auto FB and we all know that hurts. I'm seriously considering picking up WSL as a pocket but there are already to many LK's as it is.

LawAbidingCitizen

I do think it‘s a good thing to have down especially for mean streak since you want to condition them to respect your cancel follow up,
For some time I was having trouble doing the NDC where he is safe from pokes interrupting which is what most do to interrupt them. If you get it frame perfect it makes the opponent have to poke in a 1-2f window which is damn near impossible to do consistently.

You can do his F2xxNDC which is +3 on block and go into D1/F4 to jail so they can't poke. And I find his F22xxNDC and F4xxNDC are +1 ob so you can also go into D1xxNDC.
But I find if you do them within 1-2 frames U can jail F4 If they are 2f late which many are.

I'm sure you already knew but just in case.

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Not a Kabal Player but that is some nice tech! Thank you for sharing, gonna try and see what my chars have so I can Auto-FB too :)

LawAbidingCitizen

I noticed that after certain moves where your -1 to -4 its more easy to flawless block pokes.
YeAh Me too. Normally -5 is the standard to Auto FB but some moves have the perfect delay before recovery and Kabals B12 is just that.
Jax can do it after F21+3
Liu Kang can do it after B124/F4/F43/212
Lao can kind of do it after F12
Kabal B12/F2/F22
Cassie can do it after B24 OS: [B2(L2)4(DB1)]

Many others have this. Even if you don't have the right recovery you can definitely do it off -4 to -6 ob moves.

LawAbidingCitizen

I don't play Kabal, but I love your threads and your vids @LawAbidingCitizen . Thank you for putting in the work!
Well thanks. Means a lot. I don't do it for props but recently I've felt I needed to contribute more to the community to help others. I learn tons of stuff from labbing, twitter, discord, top players and I just felt like I haven't put in. There is stuff all of us can contribute from beginner to high level tech that can help anyone.
So I'm trying to make TYM more of a knowledge based outlet and out community can grow with each other as a team so everyone levels up.

Recently I learned something that made so many things make sense. Dizzy from NRS posted to a thread of mine explaining how there is a buffer window only when blocking. So if you are on defense and blocking an attack you can input/buffer your counter before blockstun ends and it will come out early or the first available frame (frame perfect) when normally the best players would be late by 2-6f.
This doesn't apply to dash cancels, tight link combos or FB according to Dizzy. This is huge and helped me in many areas.
Then the Raptor OS: is a game changer. I felt certain ones could be broke but UltraDavid and even Raptor explained that it only adds depth and nearly all of these OS's have counter play and most shouldn't be used every time at high level.
For example: Sonya's B123 OS is actually unsafe. B12(4)3(R2) would only come out on hit (The full string) but B12 would come out on block. Many said this is a safe 50/50 now but her B12 is -9 ob. So there is counter play.

Sorry for the rant/long post.
Thanks man

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Well thanks. Means a lot. I don't do it for props but recently I've felt I needed to contribute more to the community to help others. I learn tons of stuff from labbing, twitter, discord, top players and I just felt like I haven't put in. There is stuff all of us can contribute from beginner to high level tech that can help anyone.
So I'm trying to make TYM more of a knowledge based outlet and out community can grow with each other as a team so everyone levels up.

Recently I learned something that made so many things make sense. Dizzy from NRS posted to a thread of mine explaining how there is a buffer window only when blocking. So if you are on defense and blocking an attack you can input/buffer your counter before blockstun ends and it will come out early or the first available frame (frame perfect) when normally the best players would be late by 2-6f.
This doesn't apply to dash cancels, tight link combos or FB according to Dizzy. This is huge and helped me in many areas.
Then the Raptor OS: is a game changer. I felt certain ones could be broke but UltraDavid and even Raptor explained that it only adds depth and nearly all of these OS's have counter play and most shouldn't be used every time at high level.
For example: Sonya's B123 OS is actually unsafe. B12(4)3(R2) would only come out on hit (The full string) but B12 would come out on block. Many said this is a safe 50/50 now but her B12 is -9 ob. So there is counter play.

Sorry for the rant/long post.
Thanks man
We need more people like you! Seriously, that is what a community should be doing, finding tech and sharing it with each other so we all grow and get better. I personally am not good enough yet to find such stuff but I appreciate every single thing guys like you are posting. Taking it in like a sponge and hope to remember everything lol

Again, thank you for contributing so much stuff, keep it going :)

Man this post is really helpful! How about 111 though? With no safe hit confirm after 111 in Kabal’s 3rd variation auto FB is really worth looking into

Also I’m still waiting for a reply from LoveThoughts but we must also find out when to FB u2 and u3. Is it as simple as that - if I read they will poke I do FB u2 and if they’ll go for a mid like Liu Kang’s or of a jump in (u2 worked against Nightwolf surpisingly) I do u3? Getting your u2 eaten feels bad

Can you explain the timing of the B1 Nomad Dash OS a little more? I can't get it to come out on hit in situations where it won't come out on block ad well. How tight is the window?

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i am using f224 for flawless block, it is not auto but after the string ends they always try to poke me end i am always crouch blocking to make guarantee my flawless block. Same thing works after b12d2 string. Also if you got hit by d1 be sure you can flawless block the second attack, it is like auto. Try it. Sometimes i take the poke by my own permission, so i can flawless block you after.