What's new

Australian Tournament Results: N-Megabytes Wins YSB #39

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Another month, another York Street Battles. YSB has long been a place for Sydney's finest to come together and find out who's fine reads will reign supreme. Coming off the back of an impressive of 24 player tournament last month, our competitors came in full force giving us a staggering 30 entrants for MKX! Not only did we see the return of some familiar faces, but South Australia's @n-megabytes, Victoria's @Googiemona and @DaBeast, along with first time offline player Queensland's Castiel made the trip to Sydney for one last Vanilla MKX tournament. Could we defend our home turf? Sadly not. With @Gilbagz as Sydney's strongest representative, even he couldn't handle the power of the nut punch. The tournament was concluded with an online warrior grudge match, with Castiel and ColeTrain settling their online beef in an offline setting. Check out the results below:

Top 8 Results:

1. [SA] N-Megabytes (Hollywood Cassie Cage)
2. [NSW] iFat | Gilbagz (Cryomancer Sub Zero)
3. [NSW] Saggat83 (Tempest and Buzz Saw Kung Lao)
4. [VIC] Googie (Shirai Ryu Takeda)
5. [NSW] Wazminator (Swarm Queen D'vorah)
5. [QLD] Castiel (Royal Storm Kitana, Kobu Jutsu Tanya)
7. [NSW] Coletrain (Ethereal Mileena)
7. [NSW] LupeFiasco 'Vlad' (Pumped Up Jax)

Top 8 and Coletrain v Castiel FT5

If you'd like to get to know the Australian scene better, make sure to check out the Friendly Alliance Podcast! New episodes roughly every fortnight. The latest episode can be found here:

@Tim Static

Attachments

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
i do not use facebook.. I have moral issues with that site.
No worries, I'll try and make sure the next YSB tournament will be announced here on TYM.

I'll also be working with GooGie to make sure something similar happens with the Melbourne tourneys and the online monthlies.

All it takes is a simple post so at the beginning of the month I'll post a mass Aussie thread with upcoming tournament info for Australia.

LpeX

Noob
Every month I want to go but something always get in the way, you guys are so good to watch anyways, I will come again eventually.