What's new

August 7 Balance Patch - D'Vorah Changes

Raider

Noob
D'Vorah

• D'Vorah - Forward Throw now has a Krushing Blow that triggers when the opponent is infected by Fireflies

• D'Vorah - When an opponent throw escapes D'Vorah, any Fireflies attached to the opponent will return to D'Vorah

• D'Vorah - Swarm blockstun increased by 10 frames and has significantly increased pushback

• D'Vorah - Widow's Kiss can now be slightly delayed, had its amplify input window adjusted, damage increased by 50, and its startup is now 28 frames (was 34),

• D'Vorah - Fixed issue with Infested Krushing Blow damage over time potentially lingering into next round if the first hit is the killing blow

• D'Vorah - Infested Krushing blow now uses the correct combo damage scaling

• D'Vorah - Adjusted hit region of Yellow Jacket (Front Punch, Back Punch)

• D'Vorah - Black Widow (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) has 3 less hit, block, & miss recovery frames

• D'Vorah - Bug Bash (Towards + Front Punch) now has 12 startup frames (down from 15)

• D'Vorah - Assassin Bug (Back Punch, Front Punch) hitstun increased by 7 frames

• D'Vorah - Killer Strike (Towards + Back Punch) startup is now 19 frames (was 20), hit advantage increased by 6 frames

• D'Vorah - Siafu (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch) startup is now 16 frames (was 15), cancel frame occurs 2 frames later, recovers 3 frames faster, and had its hit region adjusted

• D'Vorah - Recluse (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Up + Front Punch + Front Kick) startup is now 18 frames (was 21), recovery increased on block/miss by 2 frames, hit region adjusted

• D'Vorah - Tsetse (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Down + Front Punch + Front Kick) recovers 4 frames faster on block/miss, pushback increased, hit region adjusted

• D'Vorah - Bugging Out (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) startup is now 24 frames (was 12), blockstun increased by 10 frames with increased pushback, range adjusted

• D'Vorah - Recluse, Tsetse, and Bugging Out can be performed after Siafu misses

• D'Vorah - Fixed a bug allowing Recluse and Tsetse to be able to be cancelled into special moves when blocked

• D'Vorah - Larva Tarsus (Front Kick) damage increased to 70 (was 50), recovery decreased by 2 frames, blockstun increased by 5 frames with increased pushback, and had its hit region adjusted

• D'Vorah - Killer Bee (Away + Front Kick, Back Kick) has 1 more active frame, recovers 1 slower on block, recovers 11 frames faster on hit

• D'Vorah - Killer Bee can now be performed after Ovi Posi Poke (Away + Front Kick) misses

• D'Vorah - Spinning Web (Away + Back Kick) recovery decreased by 3 frames, blockstun increased by 5 frames

• D'Vorah - Low Tarsus Strike (Down + Front Kick) recovery decreased by 3 frames, hitstun increased by 9 frames and hit reaction changed

• D'Vorah - Slight Sting (Down + Back Kick) recovery decreased by 2 frames

• D'Vorah - Fixed issue with (Air) Time Ticking Bug lingering after cinematics

What do you guys think?? Are you happy with these changes? Discuss.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I don't play her but these seem like decent changes? Seems like her variation 2 got decent buffs? Not a perfect list but it's a start right? Can she combo into ex tele more easily?

Honestly I'm just here for yall to explain these changes to me.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
@dungeonsector It's +4 on block now and comes out at about the same time as f22d1+3. The problem is that you can block and still duck it, so it's not going to be a lot of help for Arachnophobia.

Also we can end combos in Widow's kiss now.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
D'Vorah - Infested Krushing blow now uses the correct combo damage scaling
I haven't labbed yet, but I hope it doesn't mean less damage.

The krushing blow does 370 damage if all your flies are around the enemy. You can do this with just an amped swarm. you can combo into amped swarm with widows kiss and dash into the throw and cut a health bar in half.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So, as a whole, she got:

-better footsies that dont leave her fucked beyond all reason for trying to play MK11
-her second variation buffed to be the "combo" variation and, from initial looks, the mark was hit here
-had ZERO nerfs to her trap setup power
-had some tertiary power shaved off to keep the scales from tipping too far (F22U/D1+3 cancels, B34 block, etc.)
-got her pre-day1-patch smooth gameplay restored (F1, B34 on whiff, F22X on whiff)

Overall, I'm loving it.

Second Saint

So, as a whole, she got:

-better footsies that dont leave her fucked beyond all reason for trying to play MK11
-her second variation buffed to be the "combo" variation and, from initial looks, the mark was hit here
-had some tertiary power shaved off to keep the scales from tipping too far (F22U/D1+3 cancels, B34 block, etc.)
-got her pre-day1-patch smooth gameplay restored (F1, B34 on whiff, F22X on whiff)

Overall, I'm loving it.
Her setups were indirectly nerfed in the corner actually. You can't combo off of b34 from a setup without it side switching now. This nerfs one of her best setups very hard.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is the Shang MU still essentially unwinnable?

Second Saint

Is the Shang MU still essentially unwinnable?
Faster f1 means you can punish eruption, I think. B34 should theoretically punish his fire ball and corpse drop on read. Arachnophobia may yet actually be good. Don't know if shang got nerfed or what, but I think there's hope.

cashthesehands

monster masher
@dungeonsector It's +4 on block now and comes out at about the same time as f22d1+3. The problem is that you can block and still duck it, so it's not going to be a lot of help for Arachnophobia.

Also we can end combos in Widow's kiss now.
I'm thinking now with Buzzed you may actually be able to get the f22,U1+3 KB to come out now - there's actually a reason to try to interrupt her between the second and third hits. Probably just a gimmick though.

Second Saint

I'm thinking now with Buzzed you may actually be able to get the f22,U1+3 KB to come out now - there's actually a reason to try to interrupt her between the second and third hits. Probably just a gimmick though.
It was already useful for blowing up f22d1+3 flawless block attempts. The problem was that I rarely found people with the matchup knowledge and skill so that I could actually start doing that.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
It was already useful for blowing up f22d1+3 flawless block attempts. The problem was that I rarely found people with the matchup knowledge and skill so that I could actually start doing that.
did people actually tried to flawless block that? What would be the point? She was -6 either way, no?

I guess you could go for an U2 if you were lucky enough to have one worth using, but 2 bars to launch dvorah when it was already your turn either way seems silly. Am i missing something?

Second Saint

did people actually tried to flawless block that? What would be the point? She was -6 either way, no?

I guess you could go for an U2 if you were lucky enough to have one worth using, but 2 bars to launch dvorah when it was already your turn either way seems silly. Am i missing something?
For a Geras player, that's still an opportunity for 40%, or at least it was.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Also, I think one of the pros of Arachnophobia is that she now has a good amount of unbreakable damage:
starter, widow's kiss ex, j2, d2
* correct me if I am wrong, I am a PC player, so can't lab for now

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
So, as a whole, she got:

Overall, I'm loving it.
Yeah, I'm not a D'Vorah player by any means, but just on paper, I can see that she is now in a much better place.