What's new

Augments for Gear and Win Rewards?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
So, we know about Augments pretty much already, but I don't think I saw a dedicated thread to them. But there's also something that I was curious about that I haven't seen anyone talking about. That being the rewards you get for winning a match.

We know the augments are used for OFFLINE USE only and they don't affect online play at all. I'm sure we can assume that the augments consist of similar stat boosts that you could get in Injustice 2.

'+0.50% damage for moves after the player gets below a certain amount of health' sort of thing.

But, something that's interested me is the augments and their names.

Soul, Nether Flame, Order Crystal, Chaos Energy, and Dragon Blood.

Soul - Shang Tsung
Nether Flame - Scorpion
Order Crystal - Hotaru? Kronika?
Chaos Energy - Havik?
Dragon Blood - Shao Kahn? Liu Kang? Onaga?

It's also odd that there's a sixth slot at the end for another set of augments? Seems like a weird UI choice to have one missing if it's not something yet to be revealed.

I know they're just augments, so they don't confirm any unconfirmed characters or anything like that. It's just something I found interesting. I'm curious as to the different properties of each group of augments. Perhaps Soul augments have to do with health, Nether Flame is damage?

Another thing that had me curious was the rewards you get for winning a match. I decided to add these to this thread as they're all 'collectibles' or something in that vein.

Obviously, there are Koins which will likely be used for the Krypt as always. But, do we know what the other 3 rewards may be? Green skull, heart, and another skull? I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. Maybe instead of just using Koins to unlock stuff in the Krypt, there are other means to get stuff? Perhaps there's a kinda 'store' to buy specific pieces of gear or skins? Maybe you have to spend skull coins to get into a Tower of Time? I'm very curious as to what it could be. Cause I don't think they've talked about it yet.

What do we think those rewards are? Could they be a part of the new single player mode?
Or did they announce that already...?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
on augments, I figured the souls were for earth realm & dragon blood for outworld. . no reason why really except representation. IDK what they do either. . I believe a IGN video from the reveal has them messing with the stuff for a while when they are playing a tower, didn't really go through it to figure it out & forgot about it honestly..

other then that the green coin like skulls are probably a higher form of currency from the regular coins since they look identical to the ones in the mobile game & thats what they are there.

Saint Op Omen

They also did mention certain towers you will only have 1 shot at, so I'm thinking the hearts will work like actual lives in that case where you can spend them to get another shot at it. The light green skulls could be the new easy fatality icon maybe if they are bringing that garbage back...

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
^ What was said above for the hearts.

I think the money will definitely be for the krypt and the other currencies will probably allow a roulette like system for unlocking gear/augments. At least i'm hoping for something that allows the gear unlocks to be much less random than injustice loot boxes.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
These sound like ingredients for a delicious soup. :p

Soup aside, the extra currencies are probably for very special, rare items of sorts. Green regular skulls for gear, hearts for skins, and the putrid green skull for....something incredibly rare, I'm sure.

trufenix

bye felicia

I think the money will definitely be for the krypt and the other currencies will probably allow a roulette like system for unlocking gear/augments. At least i'm hoping for something that allows the gear unlocks to be much less random than injustice loot boxes.
There's no loot boxes, all the unlocks are going to be in the new krypt. We just don't know how it works yet.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
There's no loot boxes, all the unlocks are going to be in the new krypt. We just don't know how it works yet.
Yeah and were better off for it I hope. A better comparison would probably be the gambling/roulette thing in the MKX krypt, where you could give it koins for unlocks and the more koins you paid the more likely you were to get a new/rare unlock.

Saint Op Omen

Yeah and were better off for it I hope. A better comparison would probably be the gambling/roulette thing in the MKX krypt, where you could give it koins for unlocks and the more koins you paid the more likely you were to get a new/rare unlock.
see know I just started thinking about a gambling thing in the new Krypt & all I want now is to be able to play Kraps with Shang....

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
see know I just started thinking about a gambling thing in the new Krypt & all I want now is to be able to play Kraps with Shang....
How about playing Kraps with Shao Kahn, and after you win too much/get all the items he knocks you out with his hammer out of anger. I still prefer the idea/theory of Shang being the one to kill you at the end of the krypt.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It looks like the mobile stuff to me but it’s confusing since there aren’t any MTs in MK11. The souls buy better stuff in mobile than Koins do. The Shao Kahn ladder unlocks other stuff.

I think it will be separated by mode. Like maybe you only get NetherRealm stuff by specific time towers and online multiplayer. So in order to unlock a NetherRealm flame box in the krypt you have to play online? That’s my guess.

trufenix

bye felicia
@Saint Op Omen @VSC_Supreme @stokedAF

You guys might not be too far off from it, the footage of the towers from the reveal event say we're going to get tons of collectibles and consumables for use in single player. Character summons, temporary buffs, shit to use in battle, so yeah, there's probably going to be some test your type minigames and tower missions with different currencies for winning. They have done THREE successful mobile games in house now, they know wwhat they're doing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Yeah he loot box system in Injustice was crap, it took forever to get stuff for my mains.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Yeah he loot box system in Injustice was crap, it took forever to get stuff for my mains.
Ugh. Same.

But, hopefully having a limited amount of gear per character will make it better to unlock them so once you unlock all of them you won't have to worry about getting repeats. That was my big issue. I wanna collect gear for EVERY character, but If I keep getting the exact same stuff over and over it's just so annoying. I don't wanna have to delete gear alll the time and pray I get something new.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wonder if that sixth spot is for Edenia, and it either has to be unlocked or doesn't appear until you hit a certain point of progress, like Eridium in Borderlands 2.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ugh. Same.

But, hopefully having a limited amount of gear per character will make it better to unlock them so once you unlock all of them you won't have to worry about getting repeats. That was my big issue. I wanna collect gear for EVERY character, but If I keep getting the exact same stuff over and over it's just so annoying. I don't wanna have to delete gear alll the time and pray I get something new.
So true, and that’s a really good point. Having a set number of customization items makes it less of a hassle to collect them all.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
From what I can tell in mk11 there's a lot more situations where you know what skin/gear you'll unlock ahead of time. In Inj2 that was the exception not the rule and even when you knew you'd get it you were almost always getting it for the stats. Whereas here it'll be the item you want.

Saint Op Omen

I feel like it's gonna be currency for the krypt.

Like it takes this many blood drops to open this gold chest. That sort of thing.
except those things are listed as augments...they could be currency applying to augments. From the video it seems like all the assists & match effects are all called augments now though.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
From what I can tell in mk11 there's a lot more situations where you know what skin/gear you'll unlock ahead of time. In Inj2 that was the exception not the rule and even when you knew you'd get it you were almost always getting it for the stats. Whereas here it'll be the item you want.
Yeah like you’ll know for which character it’ll before so you’ll play that specific tower or challenge kinda like the multiverse stuff but I’m guessing there won’t be one for every character all the time. I hope we’ll actually get gear for the characters we play.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
except those things are listed as augments...they could be currency applying to augments. From the video it seems like all the assists & match effects are all called augments now though.
Rip. I didn't know they were listed under augments or whatever. I just noticed them when you're on the screen after you win or lose and it's like... +75 gold! or whatever.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Is it sad I'm far more interested in playing Dress Up: MK Edition than anything else in the game at the moment? lol Like, I really want to explore the Krypt, and I really want to know what all these augment icons are all about too.

Neat thread, @xXRagingFlameXx

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I hope so. I hate the random stuff. I get that it adds “replay value” and sells loot boxes but those don’t seem to be a factor in mk11. That shrine thing in the mkx krypt pissed me off lol.