What's new

Augment Update Guide

I have built a character who can perform Krushing Blows without requirements (FINALLY we can KB Baraka's throw on the CPU !!), combos do 50% more dmg on the first hit, KBs do 30% more damage, walking is 45% faster and has some Jinsei boosts to some of his special moves. Had to forfeit my FB though.

I am really curious to see how this character will fare on the ToT which are usually done with MP partners. Have to wait until the three Sheeva/Fujin/Robocop Towers take a hike, though.
I've also done the 'no krushing blow requirement' augment.

Otherwise i've done, +37.5% to physical dmg, +30% to KB dmg, +30% dmg (but take 15% of what you deal), +10% to dmg, and +3 armor regen to avoid getting interupted.

I use this build on sheeva. most of the time i just do her uppercut KB into her shield toss KB and then finish them off with an amp stomp KB. Usually does the trick for most brutal boss towers.

It'll be cool to see how this works out for co-op towers once they're back!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I've also done the 'no krushing blow requirement' augment.

Otherwise i've done, +37.5% to physical dmg, +30% to KB dmg, +30% dmg (but take 15% of what you deal), +10% to dmg, and +3 armor regen to avoid getting interupted.

I use this build on sheeva. most of the time i just do her uppercut KB into her shield toss KB and then finish them off with an amp stomp KB. Usually does the trick for most brutal boss towers.

It'll be cool to see how this works out for co-op towers once they're back!
I have yet to gain any augments which boost my physical dmg without nerfing it as seconds pass. I only have dmg boosts on first hit and KBs. And holy shit, throws which get KBs can become lethal with those combinations. Scorpion's throw KB does almost 55% dmg the first time!!

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Hadn't bothered finishing the gauntlet before aftermath and every single tower in it seems to reward a Jinsei augment which is nice as I've got an excuse to play through it now.

These augments are a lot more interesting now for the whole cast, but still feels worth to just mostly invest in damage dealing buffs than anything else. Grinding them out now is a good distraction when I don't want to play online but want to play this game.

Hadn't bothered finishing the gauntlet before aftermath and every single tower in it seems to reward a Jinsei augment which is nice as I've got an excuse to play through it now.

These augments are a lot more interesting now for the whole cast, but still feels worth to just mostly invest in damage dealing buffs than anything else. Grinding them out now is a good distraction when I don't want to play online but want to play this game.
Damn I already finished the guantlet but thats cool to know.

I got half meter used on every amplified special in exchange for not having a defensive meter, 3 hits of recharge armor and the rest is 4 damage buffs. Makes playing Scorpion on towers of time worth it.

What I don't understand are the elemental augments. Are there any jinsei augments that let you deal elemental damage of any kind, so these become useful?
Right now it's just not worth it going for fire augments because most of the damage I do is still physical even when burning spear is up.

I got half meter used on every amplified special in exchange for not having a defensive meter, 3 hits of recharge armor and the rest is 4 damage buffs. Makes playing Scorpion on towers of time worth it.

What I don't understand are the elemental augments. Are there any jinsei augments that let you deal elemental damage of any kind, so these become useful?
Right now it's just not worth it going for fire augments because most of the damage I do is still physical even when burning spear is up.
I've updated the first post with jinsei augments details for Scorpion if you want to check them out.

There is also a blood augment that converts fire damage to physical if thats all you want to go for.

I've updated the first post with jinsei augments details for Scorpion if you want to check them out.

There is also a blood augment that converts fire damage to physical if thats all you want to go for.
How the fuck do you get all those jinsei augments? I got 1 after clearing like 50 towers and it was for Geras -.-

How the fuck do you get all those jinsei augments? I got 1 after clearing like 50 towers and it was for Geras -.-
I'm sure the devs made them intentionally rare to get.

I've done a lot of brutal boss towers and 'precious bargain' summon tower and i've only gotten 3 so far.

I gather if you haven't completed the Gauntlet tower you can get a lot from that.

Courante

Give all to another and save yourself
Recharge Armor is probably the single best defensive augment there is.

You can literally unga bunga through the AI's superhuman reaction times and make them eat 500dmg a combo.

Only damage augments I like are the Chaos Energy bluffs to elemental damage and the crushing blow damage increases.

Only complaint so far is that some of the Jinsei augments are pretty boring. Skarlet is a good example.

All in all it's a fun grind.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Just like @VSC_Supreme said, The Gauntlet is giving me a lot of Jinsei augments. I was on Stage 14 and I got one Jinsei augment for every fought character in all the eight towers.
And stage 15 seems to give Kabal Jinsei augments.

Only damage augments I like are the Chaos Energy bluffs to elemental damage and the crushing blow damage increases.
Bill of Health - Gives you up to 100% more damage when you're at full health
Mix it up - Gives you up to 4% more damage on your next combo per hit of your last combo
Insane Pain (I think is what it's called) - Gives you up to 40% more damage, while increasing your damage taken significantly
Fire Sale - Decreases offensive meter cost by up to 50%

Those are all insanely good augments that make a huge difference in damage output if you can get them at level 3 or 4.

The elemental ones I found underwhelming so far but I wanna see if getting mighty blows on physical attacks in combination with the augment that improves mighty blows is something that gets good at level 3 or 4 but sadly I only have them at low levels.

Courante

Give all to another and save yourself
Bill of Health - Gives you up to 100% more damage when you're at full health
Mix it up - Gives you up to 4% more damage on your next combo per hit of your last combo
Insane Pain (I think is what it's called) - Gives you up to 40% more damage, while increasing your damage taken significantly
Fire Sale - Decreases offensive meter cost by up to 50%

Those are all insanely good augments that make a huge difference in damage output if you can get them at level 3 or 4.

The elemental ones I found underwhelming so far but I wanna see if getting mighty blows on physical attacks in combination with the augment that improves mighty blows is something that gets good at level 3 or 4 but sadly I only have them at low levels.
Mix it Up Lvl 3 is nice but it much more efficient to just let crushing blows fly. Especially as Skarlet since virtually all of her attacks are blood and I have access to 4 crushing blows and high damaging specials.

The rest of my build is centered on farming souls so I don't need extra slots on damage or else the returns aren't as high.

I prefer free refill for meter Efficiency.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I really wish MK11 had a more thorough monetization model.
I’d prefer the option to buy these new/Jinsei augments to further my enjoyment of the single-player experience.

I really wish MK11 had a more thorough monetization model.
I’d prefer the option to buy these new/Jinsei augments to further my enjoyment of the single-player experience.
I wish people asking to pay more in a $60 game they bought and shelled out another 70 for season passes and expansion, wouldn't exist.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I wish people asking to pay more in a $60 game they bought and shelled out another 70 for season passes and expansion, wouldn't exist.
I would pay another $40 on top of that to see how naughty a senpai you really are.
American dollars, not Canadian.
I also should have tagged all the devs so they could see that we would gladly pay more $$ for all the little things. Make it...Rain?

What is this 6th Character Tower I keep reading about? Was this just for PC? l‘m on Xbox and keep checking, but nothing has shown up

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Do Scorpion's special attacks which have him barf fire or engulf opponents in flames count as fire damage or physical damage?

Do Raiden's lightning special moves count as lightning damage or physical damage?

Are the augments which buff fire damage only good when you use a konsumable which engulfs your fists in flames, or will they increase the dmg output of any character's special attacks which seem to be fire-based (like Scorpion's, Shang's and Sheeva's)?

Do Scorpion's special attacks which have him barf fire or engulf opponents in flames count as fire damage or physical damage?

Do Raiden's lightning special moves count as lightning damage or physical damage?

Are the augments which buff fire damage only good when you use a konsumable which engulfs your fists in flames, or will they increase the dmg output of any character's special attacks which seem to be fire-based (like Scorpion's, Shang's and Sheeva's)?
To see what attack deals what kind of damage, just open the move list while in a tower of time.

For Scorpion fire damage augments are only better than physical damage augments when the variation you're running has Burning Spear in it because it converts a bunch of attacks that are usually physical into fire attacks.
Damage output is great without the tower consumable and with it it becomes insane.

Like I said in my first post here though, the augments system is fine, because every character works with it to some extent, but I miss my Baraka that could kill a 5k hp raid boss in 2 combos, and I doubt there's any augment combination that can do that or even get close to that in the new system.

Also farming jinsei runes is complete trash. Multiplayer towers only reward 1 jinsey which is always level 1.
Only thing you can do is go to a fresh tower and do it on brutal, hope you get lucky and wait for the next tower. Or you can do that stupid repeatable Kollector tower but that could take years.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Not sure WHEN they were added, but a new round of character towers were added for farming level 1-4 jinsei augments. 250k coins to open and each battle costs 10-50k coins or like 200-500 souls or hearts.

Since discovering this I've found a bunch of jinsei augments:

Robcop:
Arresting Officer: Increase the duration of Cheval Trap and Tear gas by % (level 2 = 50)
Z Lock: Increase radius of Shoulder Crowd Control Cannon, Ground Mine, and Taser Explosions by % (level 4 = +100%)
Subject Control: Riot Shield has a % chance to reflect projectiles (level 3 = 75%)
Tactical Defense: Gain 1 hit of armor while attacking, reducing damage taken by %. Disables jumping dashing and ducking. (Level 4 = 100%)
Legal Limit: Increase duration of electric shield by %. (Level 4 = 100%)
Due Justice: Earn x hearts for showing Mercy. (Level 2 = 2 hearts)
Crowd Control: Increase the range of flamethrower by % (Level 4 = 100%)
System Shock: Your Terminal strip deals electric damage. Your electric attacks have a % chance to shock. Shocked fighters have a 20% chance to be randomly stunned. (Level 3 = 45% chance to shock)
Force Protection: Reduce amplify cost of Cobra Assault Cannon by %. (Level 4 = 70%)
Lawful Pursuit: Arm Crowd Control Cannon missiles track targets, turning up to X degrees per second. (Level 4 = 60 degrees)

Raiden:
Ionized Protector: Summon Lightning restores X to both gauges. (Level 3 = 15)
Cyclotron: Increase the radius of Electric Fields by % (Storm cell, Electric burst and Lightning rod). (Level 3 = 75%)
Circuit Breaker: Reduce amplify cost of sparkport by % (Level 1 = 40%)
Godly Wrath: Your electric attacks have a % chance to shock. Shocked fighters have a 20% chance to be randomly stunned. Your shock durations are increased by 75%. (Level 3 = 45% chance to shock).
Strike Force: Increase the number of lightning strikes by X. (Level 4 = 4 extra strikes!)
Storming Through: Lightning Storm (the flying stance) consumes 10 offensive and defensive gauge per second to Surge (basically amplify) while armored. (Level 4 description. Basically its like spamming amplify constantly while being armored, but it drains your gauges slowly)
Rumbling Thunder: Hold Jo Push input to increase distance by %. (Level 4 = 100%)
Light Rider: Increase distance of Electric Fly and Super Bolt by %. (Level 3 = 37.5%)
Fast Lightning: Increase the activation speed of Electric Current by %. (Level 3 = 75%)

Edit: Added since last edit:
Raiden

Last edited:
Not sure WHEN they were added, but a new round of character towers were added for farming level 1-4 jinsei augments. 250k coins to open and each battle costs 10-50k coins or like 200-500 souls or hearts.

Robcop:
Arresting Officer: Increase the duration of Cheval Trap and Tear gas by % (level 2 = 50)
Z Lock: Increase radius of Shoulder Crowd Control Cannon, Ground Mine, and Taser Explosions by % (level 4 = +100%)
Subject Control: Riot Shield has a % chance to reflect projectiles (level 3 = 75%)
Tactical Defense: Gain 1 hit of armor while attacking, reducing damage taken by %. Disables jumping dashing and ducking. (Level 4 = 100%)
System Shock: Your Terminal strip deals electric damage. Your electric attacks have a % chance to shock. Shocked fighters have a 20% chance ot be randomly stunned. (Level 3 = 45% chance to shock)
Force Protection: Reduce amplify cost of Cobra Assault Cannon by %. (Level 4 = 70%)
These were added today!!

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Added a missing Robocop jinsei augment as well as a Raiden section.

Raiden's level 4's get a little crazy. LIghtning strike hit FOUR more times, and storm cell basically hits the entire screen, lmao

Robcop:
System Shock: Your Terminal strip deals electric damage. Your electric attacks have a % chance to shock. Shocked fighters have a 20% chance to be randomly stunned. (Level 3 = 45% chance to shock)
Lawful Pursuit: Arm Crowd Control Cannon missiles track targets, turning up to X degrees per second. (Level 4 = 60 degrees)

Raiden:
Ionized Protector: Summon Lightning restores X to both gauges. (Level 3 = 15)
Cyclotron: Increase the radius of Electric Fields by % (Storm cell, Electric burst and Lightning rod). (Level 3 = 75%)
Circuit Breaker: Reduce amplify cost of sparkport by % (Level 1 = 40%)
Godly Wrath: Your electric attacks have a % chance to shock. Shocked fighters have a 20% chance to be randomly stunned. Your shock durations are increased by 75%. (Level 3 = 45% chance to shock).
Strike Force: Increase the number of lightning strikes by X. (Level 4 = 4 extra strikes!)
Storming Through: Lightning Storm (the flying stance) consumes 10 offensive and defensive gauge per second to Surge (basically amplify) while armored. (Level 4 description. Basically its like spamming amplify constantly while being armored, but it drains your gauges slowly)
Rumbling Thunder: Hold Jo Push input to increase distance by %. (Level 4 = 100%)
Light Rider: Increase distance of Electric Fly and Super Bolt by %. (Level 3 = 37.5%)
Fast Lightning: Increase the activation speed of Electric Current by %. (Level 3 = 75%)

Edit: Added since last edit:
Raiden
Thanks for this, i've updated the original post. :)