What's new

[Aug 5, 2017] Fight Night by Chicago Wushu and Slickster Magazine! (Chicago, IL)

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister

Every Saturday night at 9pm central time, there's an event called "FIGHT NIGHT". How it works, is it's a King of the Hill type of event. We stream from 9pm - 11pm central time. The largest winstreak of the night will be declared that week's champion, and their winstreak, if large enough, will get added to our Fight Night Legends leaderboard (that I have posted here for you):

If you get your name featured on the leaderboard, you will also earn a custom highlight reel that will be aired during next week's Fight Night throughout the stream showcasing your skills.

There are a few interesting rules, as well.
Disconnections will serve as a win to the opposing player, no matter what.
During the last 10-15 minutes of the stream, you will hear the bells toll on the stream and that will signify...
LAST KING STANDING!
When the bells toll and I call last king standing, the current king of the hill in the room will have one chance to see how many wins in a row he/she can get. That person will also not be able to lose a single round. As soon as they lose one round, the match ends, their current streak stops, and we wrap up our livestream.

We stream only on PlayStation 4, so it's a PS4 only event. Perhaps in the future we may even do a live event at Galloping Ghost Arcade as well (we were already there live on location broadcasting at Galloping Ghost awhile ago, it was a lot of fun, and I've been invited back to do it again!). Also, we have special guests on the show. So far, we've had Chris McClure, motion capture actor for Injustice: Gods Among Us as well as Mortal Kombat X(L) hang out in studio and at Galloping Ghost with us. He's definitely going to be coming back again, too!
So yeah, we do a lot of fun things on stream. We even (sometimes) have some awesome giveaways. If you guys always wanted to be in a tournament style atmosphere, where you have play by play commentary (by yours truly) and wanted to have your spot in the lime light, this is the stream for you. It's a LOT of fun to do, it's stiff competition online, and it's a great way to potentially get noticed, since Slickster Magazine sponsors it.

I'd like to think of this stream as the "Minor Leagues" of serious MK players. We go live every night at 9pm - 11pm central, and if you'd like to stay in touch with particular updates, venues, special guests etc, follow me on twitter at: http://Twitter.com/TeamRipSet

The stream goes live every Saturday night at http://Twitch.Tv/TeamRipSet

Thanks, and if you're down to register for a night, you know what to do! I look forward to seeing you all compete!
#FIGHT!

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
This week's Fight Night Champion was Stunt_N_Kill, who was ruthless and was a menace to his enemies. He ended up going the distance as the Last King Standing, gaining a total of 12 victories in a row, effectively putting him in 7th place on our leaderboard!! Awesome job!

Miss our livestream? No worries, you can watch it HERE:
https://www.twitch.tv/teamripset/v/65210227

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
Update: Due to crazy hours at my job, Fight Night this week will be postponed until next week. Thanks for your understanding! I'll see you all next Saturday but until then: Get your practice in! See you all then!