What's new

Attn: Remaining 3 Hawkgirls

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I was going to make a thread about this but since I really don't see myself playing this character much anymore I'll just post it in here.

Hawkgirl can wing evade 2 through a lot of strings with gaps in them, or strings canceled into specials. For instance, if black adam does d1 lightning hands, you wing evade 2 in between the gap of the cancel and you get a free combo afterwards.

List of shit I know about:
d1 ES (Doomsday)
d1 hands (Adam)
b13 (Lantern)
112 xx anything (Grundy)
b112 xx bat (Batman)* this one isn't exactly real but it reverses pressure and hits him if he tries something
22 (Flash)* same as Batman

That's all I can remember right now, I tried f23 breath and b12 trident rush obviously and neither of those work or I'd probably still be playing her. Good luck guys.

Also instant air mace charge is amazing for catching jump backs and people that like to stay in the air. Not that great on whiff but it's good for keeping people honest. I know that's not relevant to this thread at all but that's another thing I used pretty often with her that I don't really see anyone else do.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
D1xxD1 in the corner. The fuck you gonna do? HUH!?

@AK Trepound380 Glad to hear you becoming more active over here! I'm almost thinking this is our anti-zoning tool (i-frames to slip the shot than WE3 to pressure in quicker than a dash). And I would put this as a better parry tool than the real parries, cause if you time it right, you can i-frame through a hit, WE2 to full combo anywhere on screen (WE2, 1, 2, 3 is a solid string that won't push the opponent too far back). I say this as a CornerHawk (trademark) that if we could find solid punishes, she could become a well rounded character. I've already improved on the Doomsday MU (one of my worst) and I have been playing with some anti-superman tech.
it helps alot in some MUs like raven in trait. she has to play honest and not throw pillars all day otherwise she gets mauled by HG. and i need DD tech for that char i hate fighting him

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
it helps alot in some MUs like raven in trait. she has to play honest and not throw pillars all day otherwise she gets mauled by HG. and i need DD tech for that char i hate fighting him
That's literally a 7-3 for me :p. My only big improvement is doing WE2 through Supernova, instead of a MBB3. More consistent and no meter is always good. His trait is where I get fucked, crossing him up with WE3 is my gameplan, but still get blown up if I'm slow on an input

kaseyk

Noob
dd should be no prob guys . we3 goes through armor (mb venom ) and does good dmg . d1-es is easy we2 combo especially if they get predictable with it . supernova aswell . his big hurt box gives us near block infinite anywhere so we can mb always . blocked venom is free d1 or f1 combo . as soon as he hits trait mtmb-d1-d1-we3-f13-mcmb-4-3 for example , his trait would be gone + u mashed his life bar .

kaseyk

Noob
glad to see i'm not the only one that thinks ravens trait is nothing against hg , pillar is one of the easiest moves to WE through and out of trait she has nothing on hg and a cornered raven is a dead raven .

kaseyk

Noob
WE has a bonus everyone overlooks . getting hit well doing it you fall out of range of big combos ex grundy d2 can't follow with 11-4 or aq does d1-mb trident rush you will get hit by 2 pokes 4% ish but you land with enough time to jump over and full combo for high 30s or 40s depending on meter

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
WE has a bonus everyone overlooks . getting hit well doing it you fall out of range of big combos ex grundy d2 can't follow with 11-4 or aq does d1-mb trident rush you will get hit by 2 pokes 4% ish but you land with enough time to jump over and full combo for high 30s or 40s depending on meter
actually hg can WE trident rush but only in some cases can do WE2 othertimes she has no choice but to go into flight

kaseyk

Noob
actually hg can WE trident rush but only in some cases can do WE2 othertimes she has no choice but to go into flight
i was using example for getting hit out of WE aq d1 u block reversal we and he trident rushes you will get hit twice for 4.9% but fall safe and can punish full combo if they mb ( which is ingrained in them to do lol ) hg makes safe moves unsafe .

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
i was using example for getting hit out of WE aq d1 u block reversal we and he trident rushes you will get hit twice for 4.9% but fall safe and can punish full combo if they mb ( which is ingrained in them to do lol ) hg makes safe moves unsafe .
ooo ok and i know i had something for the sinestro pushback glitch using we before they took off the damage

kaseyk

Noob
ooo ok and i know i had something for the sinestro pushback glitch using we before they took off the damage
i posted all pushblock ignoring strings in a thread . ex j2-we2 will full combo punish a pushblock anywhere . idk if it still does dmg now after hotfix though .

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
asylum left side 3-mtmbu-b1-we3-123-b1-int 49% d1(otg)-4-2-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-2d3 53% gg
corner f11-we4-mtmb(frame trap)-3xx-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-4-1d3 74% +7.75% from f11 .
Shhhh, he's doing it for everyone else, I'm trying to get us some secret tech