What's new

Attn: Remaining 3 Hawkgirls

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
With the departure of our dear Espio, I've decided to try and fire some shut up in the forums. I wanna work on some WE setups because we never seem to make use of the i-frames (PL was talking about this on his new post, specifically on backdashes) and watching some old ChrisG stuff got me thinking on uses for WE1 that we may have been neglecting (anyone use that fucking move?). Everyone else got gamebreaking tech, now it's our turn! WHO'S FUCKING WITH ME?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I would help you. Regardless i dropped her a some Shayera love is still remaining on me :) <3 I was adtually thinking about some tech, i will test it right now. But yeah pretty much everyone is dropping her :( personally i dropped her because it was the same shit over and over

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I feel ya. Said in in my farewell to him, I literally think it's me, kaseyx, trepound, PPJ, and SonicBoomBrad subs her? It's almost as sad as the number of Cyborg\Scorpion players (I'm friends with a Cyborg, so I can make the joke)

Hades

Noob
I'm only a scrub with hawk girl but I've just picked her up and I'm really enjoying playing as her. Bear in mind I'm basically just going ham throwing out special moves I'm actually enjoying this game more than I have in months

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I've been maining Hawk Girl since the first patch. I stink at discovering tech, but am down to practice and help people with anything. I haven't been playing online as much, as I'm working on Zatanna and Frost as alternates (ps I stink with both).

I've actually only hit someone with WE 1 once ever in a match. It works to keep jumpers in the corner. If you do wing evade on their wakeup for the invincibility frames and they neutral jump you have time to do 1 and hit them for decent damage and, I think, a hard knockdown. Its risky but it worked in my first local and the crowd went nuts!

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
watching some old ChrisG stuff got me thinking on uses for WE1 that we may have been neglecting (anyone use that fucking move?).
You're thinking about hitting Doomsday out of Supernova? I know I tried that and gave up on it; I don't remember if I though it's too strict to be practical or it I straight couldn't get it to work.

I was using WE1 some in casuals the other day against a Wonder Woman to hit her out of neutral-jump > air-dash cross-over shenanigans. It was working fairly well but I do need to play with it more. I really want to see how it does against Superman in this capacity because I often feel locked down by his nj3.

kaseyk

Noob
i'm pretty sure an empty WE is exactly the same speed and distance as our backdash just raises our head a bit (and feet ) and gives us options . we1 is useful against bm and air dashers if u feel u must use it (good in mirror also lol ) . if done fast on wakeup with opponent doing forward jump attempting to stuff mc is fun to but most back jump .

kaseyk

Noob
You're thinking about hitting Doomsday out of Supernova? I know I tried that and gave up on it; I don't remember if I though it's too strict to be practical or it I straight couldn't get it to work.

I was using WE1 some in casuals the other day against a Wonder Woman to hit her out of neutral-jump > air-dash cross-over shenanigans. It was working fairly well but I do need to play with it more. I really want to see how it does against Superman in this capacity because I often feel locked down by his nj3.
it's pretty easy to hit dd outta sn but better option is to use the invulnerable frames and combo it also easy once you master the timing .

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Him and Batgirl, I'm curious of the combo potential for it, cause it can't be THAT worthless. @RunwayMafia, you don't count you gave your wings up for some frosty BULLSHIT!

And to everyone else, let's kick some ass. You won't get jack shit out of me till maybe Friday, school shit. I haven't entirely given up on that B22 thing I was talking about in the general thread either

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Him and Batgirl, I'm curious of the combo potential for it, cause it can't be THAT worthless. @RunwayMafia, you don't count you gave your wings up for some frosty BULLSHIT!

And to everyone else, let's kick some ass. You won't get jack shit out of me till maybe Friday, school shit. I haven't entirely given up on that B22 thing I was talking about in the general thread either
Frosty BULLSHIT????

Lol, but in all seriousness, I still use her in some MU's (Flash, Nightwing, Batman)

kaseyk

Noob
we1 doesn't work against bg smokebomb if thats what you meant .
for icy black deep we4-mc catches all nj and back jumps . the delay gets em everytime lol

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
First of all the WE 1 is next to worthless and is highly situational and honestly there is very few times it will be needed. WE has more options to it than just 1,2, and 3.

Try using this once in a while, now it takes practice to get down, but it brings some mind games to use with it. WE, trait, and any of the following MC, MT, or horizontal MT. Mixing this up with you use of WE2 and WE3 will cause some confusion. I'm sill exploring the uses of WE and now that I have the bulk of my DS2 craving sated I am going to continue working with it. I practice on a consistent basis with a really good Flash, which IMO is a very tough MU that is more in his favor than anything. WE tricks are what can make the MU more manageable. As for WE1 I don't even bother with that move, because I would rather use her D2 as an anti-air since it can grant you a combo to follow up with.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
First of all the WE 1 is next to worthless and is highly situational and honestly there is very few times it will be needed. WE has more options to it than just 1,2, and 3.

Try using this once in a while, now it takes practice to get down, but it brings some mind games to use with it. WE, trait, and any of the following MC, MT, or horizontal MT. Mixing this up with you use of WE2 and WE3 will cause some confusion. I'm sill exploring the uses of WE and now that I have the bulk of my DS2 craving sated I am going to continue working with it. I practice on a consistent basis with a really good Flash, which IMO is a very tough MU that is more in his favor than anything. WE tricks are what can make the MU more manageable. As for WE1 I don't even bother with that move, because I would rather use her D2 as an anti-air since it can grant you a combo to follow up with.
The only reason I'm looking into WE1 is because there may be options that don't scale as hard as D2. I don't want to believe WE1 really is the most useless move in the game. Buttt Dark Souls 2 came out....

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The only reason I'm looking into WE1 is because there may be options that don't scale as hard as D2. I don't want to believe WE1 really is the most useless move in the game. Buttt Dark Souls 2 came out....
I agree I don't want to believe it to be a useless move, in its essence its an anti-air and likely will come into more play at the higher level. I'm gonna start exploring HG more this week, cause yeah DS2 certainly took a lot of time away from the game for me.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Im picking up HG tonight tre is gonna help me not YOLO tooo much but the YOLO is strong within me.
Falling into the trap of Mace Charging too much is easy, cause no one punishes them :p. Btw's I believe I saw Tre say he had some MU changing tech in another thread, we finally get our blockstring meterless infinite? And I haven't forgotten any of this, just Dark Souls 2.....

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
I am going to try to explore more options with WE cause it goes thru everything and i mean EVERYTHING except multihitting moves and some MB specials. and WE1 has some interesting stuff in the corner. also i think as a char she is till underdeveloped. some string and moves give me the impression of something is useful to a point. since im taking a long hiatus from tournaments til CEO im probably gonna be more involved with the forums

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Falling into the trap of Mace Charging too much is easy, cause no one punishes them :p. Btw's I believe I saw Tre say he had some MU changing tech in another thread, we finally get our blockstring meterless infinite? And I haven't forgotten any of this, just Dark Souls 2.....
Surely Hawkgirl has some sort of block infinite? I mean her moves are pretty fast and her normal aren't half bad...

I've already posted ONE piece of op tech this week, let's try for another! Let's find a HG block infinite NAOW :D

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Surely Hawkgirl has some sort of block infinite? I mean her moves are pretty fast and her normal aren't half bad...

I've already posted ONE piece of op tech this week, let's try for another! Let's find a HG block infinite NAOW :D
D1xxD1 in the corner. The fuck you gonna do? HUH!?

@AK Trepound380 Glad to hear you becoming more active over here! I'm almost thinking this is our anti-zoning tool (i-frames to slip the shot than WE3 to pressure in quicker than a dash). And I would put this as a better parry tool than the real parries, cause if you time it right, you can i-frame through a hit, WE2 to full combo anywhere on screen (WE2, 1, 2, 3 is a solid string that won't push the opponent too far back). I say this as a CornerHawk (trademark) that if we could find solid punishes, she could become a well rounded character. I've already improved on the Doomsday MU (one of my worst) and I have been playing with some anti-superman tech.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
D1xxD1 in the corner. The fuck you gonna do? HUH!?

@AK Trepound380 Glad to hear you becoming more active over here! I'm almost thinking this is our anti-zoning tool (i-frames to slip the shot than WE3 to pressure in quicker than a dash). And I would put this as a better parry tool than the real parries, cause if you time it right, you can i-frame through a hit, WE2 to full combo anywhere on screen (WE2, 1, 2, 3 is a solid string that won't push the opponent too far back). I say this as a CornerHawk (trademark) that if we could find solid punishes, she could become a well rounded character. I've already improved on the Doomsday MU (one of my worst) and I have been playing with some anti-superman tech.
Use Wonder Woman's parry :REO