What's new

Atrocity of Season 8 of GoT

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Tgtbt...no more daredevil....could happen to any show I like...probly just paranoid HA!
Well, Disney withdrew their shows because they're starting their own streaming service, so everything Disney may be leaving Netflix soon. PBS may be doing the same thing when their contract with Netflix is up, so The Office may be taken off Netflix with the coming years; however, I feel like these shows will be back and only because if a surge of streaming services are released there will be too many for people to subscribe to and that will ultimately lead to a lot of services crawling back to services like Netflix and Hulu.

You're safe with Castlevania. It's made by a different animation company that is a lot smaller and is funded by Netflix.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The finale was pretty perfect. It was a great way to wrap it all up and finally give the Starks and Tyrion a happy ending.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Well, Disney withdrew their shows because they're starting their own streaming service, so everything Disney may be leaving Netflix soon. PBS may be doing the same thing when their contract with Netflix is up, so The Office may be taken off Netflix with the coming years; however, I feel like these shows will be back and only because if a surge of streaming services are released there will be too many for people to subscribe to and that will ultimately lead to a lot of services crawling back to services like Netflix and Hulu.

You're safe with Castlevania. It's made by a different animation company that is a lot smaller and is funded by Netflix.
Im also praying 4 Berserk...so Castlevania is nice, but Ill nvr get what I truly want from TV...Lucky I own the comic :) Berserk is GoT for boys anyway, so fuck GOT quite frankly lol.

Game of Thrones Spoilers Ahead

So, this last season of Game of Thrones has been absolutely abysmal. Well, the writing has, at least. They have butchered 7 seasons worth of character development and it’s really depressing.

I don’t even feel like getting into episodes 1-4. It would be way too long of a post. I actually didn’t hate episode 3 as much as a lot of people, but it definitely wasn’t very good. Such a terrible payoff. I absolutely love Arya’s character and Maisie Williams acting. But there’s no reason SHE should have killed the Night King. SHE should have killed Cersei, which leads me to last nights episode, episode 5.

So a few positives. I really enjoyed the cinematography, the directing, the acting, and the music/sound effects. The cgi was okay in some spots, terrible in other spots. Also the scene with Tyrion and Jaime was amazing. Very emotionally charged, fantastic acting, and it made sense.

Now onto the bad. Why would Tyrion, who is best friends with Varys, rat him out to Dany? Also, how is Varys even a traitor? For speaking a fact about Jon’s true lineage? Makes no sense that he would be executed for that without even being able to defend himself, without a trial, nothing. What does this “treason” even accomplish that would hurt Dany? She could either rule together with Jon, or he could denounce the throne. They killed off Varys for no reason really. Awesome.

Jaime gets captured. Tyrion frees him. And he gets teleport “smuggled” into King’s landing. Teleporting has been a huge problem with this show for a few seasons now. But come on. How did Jaime, Arya and the Hound even get into King’s Landing when they’re on lockdown? They all are known people, at least Jaime and the Hound are. Why didn’t Arya disguise herself anyway?

A lot of nothing happened throughout the episode as well. A lot of Tyrion and Jon just staring... like A LOT of that. Jon continues to be an absolute pussy and his character further ruined by terrible writing.

Onto to Dany. Holy shit, what a failure of epic proportions. They had won, they had taken King’s Landing and the enemy surrendered. THEN she decides to start killing literally everyone? It makes absolutely no sense. It would have made more sense if she went crazy to begin with and just ignored the bells or destroyed the bell. Her WAITING for the surrender then starting killing innocent people absolutely ruined her character development and her character in general. Sorry to all the Dany fans that they ruined your favorite character. Now she is almost certainly gonna die by either Jon or Arya’s hand.

Cersei’s death was so lame. Again, Arya’s entire character arc has been her reciting Cersei’s name for like 10 years, and she just turns away AFTER SHE’S ALREADY IN THE RED KEEP? Clegane bowl was okay, at least the ending. It wasn’t great but it coulda been worse. Why the FUCK did they attempt to make us feel bad for Cersei? Or for Jaime for that matter? So fucking stupid.

Oh didn’t even mention how all of a sudden the scorpion ballista things went from ONE being insanely accurate, to dozens not being able to hit shit. If she coulda taken out the iron fleet so easily, why didn’t she do it in episode 4? Instead of running away leaving her people to die or to fend for themselves? The real traitor is her, she left Tyrion to die. Why was he still so “loyal” to her? Obviously he won’t be now but my god, it took her doing the worst thing imaginable for the supposed smartest person in the entire world to be like “well shit maybe she isn’t the Queen I thought she was”. Get the FUCK out of here.

Also apparently the dragon fire breath got super buffs. Just more inconsistencies in the long line of inconsistencies.

Arya had major plot armor as expected. Lone survivor of the attack in the area... well other than a giant white horse. And all she did was dive behind a wall. For fuck sake all they had to do was show her diving in some sort of hole or something. Her entire purpose in the “battle” made no sense for her character arc. Just more subversion for the sake of it.

It took them a whopping 7 minutes or so to take King’s Landing (from the time of attack to surrender). There was no epic battle, just a pointless slaughter.

My expectations were extremely low for this episode. Because based on this entire season I knew it was gonna be stupid as fuck. So at least I wasn’t AS disappointed as a lot of other people were. I just can’t believe how bad the writing and plot has gotten. Game Of Thrones went from being one of the best shows of all time, to one of the worst. I mean that has happened a lot before (True Blood, Dexter, LOST, etc), so at least it has some company.

They expect the fans watching to be absolute idiots and not think about anything. They expect the fans to be as dumb as they are (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss aka Dumb & Dumber). And tbh, some fans are. Some fans turn off their brains and don’t give a shit about things making logical sense. They don’t care that characters have been developed for 7 seasons. They just watch and are happy with whatever they see. And that’s fine, can’t hate on people finding a way to enjoy this bullshit.

Also before people come in and say “Dany’s descent into madness was obvious and blah blah”. Based on this season, yes, it was apparent she was gonna become the “Mad Queen”. But it wasn’t apparent in the way she was going to become mad. It wasn’t apparent she was gonna win, and THEN start killing innocent people. Also, this is something that should have been developing for several seasons, NOT ONE SEASON. Not even 2 seasons, because the past 2 seasons have been incredibly short. If they showed her gradual descent over several seasons into going insane it would have been SOO much better. But no, we are expected to believe that Jon’s true lineage and Missandei’s death were the prime catalysts for her going from being the breaker of chains and the Queen of the people, into the Mad Queen tyrant she said she wasn’t for 7 seasons. Hell she even literally said she didn’t want to be the “Queen of ash”, she LITERALLY SAID THAT! lmao

This season is so damn awful. I’m just glad this abomination will be over with next week. Hopefully there’s some sort of actual satisfying conclusion but I expect a dumb episode just like pretty much every episode this season.
This show went downhill the second book material ran out. Really sad. The moment Stannis burned his child is when this show started going down

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This show went downhill the second book material ran out. Really sad. The moment Stannis burned his child is when this show started going down
I thought it started going downhill when a few rich douche bags managed to kill Sir Baristan (or however you spell it). He was built up to be the most badass fighter in the lands, and gets cut down in the first real fight we see him in by some masked rich assholes. He would have been a candidate for Trinity Syndrome (google it) if he had been Dany’s love interest.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I thought it started going downhill when a few rich douche bags managed to kill Sir Baristan (or however you spell it). He was built up to be the most badass fighter in the lands, and gets cut down in the first real fight we see him in by some masked rich assholes. He would have been a candidate for Trinity Syndrome (google it) if he had been Dany’s love interest.
It went downhill once they started ruining Robb's character by giving him a cliche love story instead of making him a kid trying to be honorable like his dad, and then getting wrecked by the much more politically savvy houses of Westerling, Lannister, Frey, and Bolton. Season 2 was nightmare fuel anyway with Jon wandering around the snow with Ygritte for a whole season with no purpose (was he going to take her back to get executed by Halfhand? lol) and Dany sitting in Qarth doing nothing after arguing about showing the budget outside the walls. Oh, and there was Littlefinger turning into a dumbass by openly taunting Cersei, and we got the awful "Power is Power" speech. Brienne went from being a naive idealist (in the books) to a she-terminator, and Joffrey started torturing prostitutes to remind us that he was bad. And this is all ignoring the absolute character assassination of one of the best and most interesting characters, Stannis.

And that's just off the top of my head. What an absolutely abysmal follow-up to a really good season 1.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Forgot to mentoin 1 more season of PREACHER this summer, so its not all bad this year i think :)

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
After watching the whole show, I think Sansa had the most interesting character arc and probably the most authentic progression of all characters. I went from hating her in Season 1 to really liking her in the later seasons. She went from being a prissy little shit to becoming the most interesting, intelligent and shrewd characters on the show. Her ending was a great payoff after all she had been through.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I was happy with the finale. People hate on the fact that Bran became king of the 6 kingdoms, but it makes sense for a number of reasons:

- despite Dany's demise, it is the first step in the fulfillment of her goal to "break the wheel". This signifies the end of hereditary monarchy in Westeros as Bran cannot have offspring. Progressing, if not immediately to democracy, than at least to a system where leaders will now be chosen by the lords collectively regardless of hereditary claims to power.

- Bran is the only one who would allow the North to secede and become an independent nation - likely the only way for the north and the south to co-exist in peace going forward.

-Bran is largely a symbolic leader who commands respect due to his family name, further ensuring continuing peace with the North. Most actual day to day decision making will be done by Tyrion, not Bran. Bran will of course have oversight as he did in that small council meeting, but he has largely entrusted Tyrion and the other council members with the daily leadership grind

-Bran can warg into Drogon to prevent further mass deaths

-there is no way Jon could have become king after slaying Dany. The unsullied and dothraki would never have accepted his rule. He was lucky to leave kings landing with his life.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was happy with the finale. People hate on the fact that Bran became king of the 6 kingdoms, but it makes sense for a number of reasons:

- despite Dany's demise, it is the first step in the fulfillment of her goal to "break the wheel". This signifies the end of hereditary monarchy in Westeros as Bran cannot have offspring. Progressing, if not immediately to democracy, than at least to a system where leaders will now be chosen by the lords collectively regardless of hereditary claims to power.

- Bran is the only one who would allow the North to secede and become an independent nation - likely the only way for the north and the south to co-exist in peace going forward.

-Bran is largely a symbolic leader who commands respect due to his family name, further ensuring continuing peace with the North. Most actual day to day decision making will be done by Tyrion, not Bran. Bran will of course have oversight as he did in that small council meeting, but he has largely entrusted Tyrion and the other council members with the daily leadership grind

-Bran can warg into Drogon to prevent further mass deaths

-there is no way Jon could have become king after slaying Dany. The unsullied and dothraki would never have accepted his rule. He was lucky to leave kings landing with his life.
And he's the only one that won't have his own interest in mind, as he said himself he's not Bran anymore, and thus he can't be selfish. I think he's the best choice tbh, but I would have loved to see Sansa and Tyrion rule together.

For the last six weeks I've had a lot of empathy for people losing their shit in public. They probably watched GoT hoping it would be good. So did I man, so did I. Now put the gun away and finish your commute.