What's new

Atrocitus General Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
"Red Lantern Atrocitus seeks revenge against all members of the Sinestro Corps for their murderous oppression of his homeworld. His hate blazes a path across the galaxy leading him to Earth. Sensing an opportunity on the post Regime planet, Atrocitus focuses on bolstering the Red Lanterns ranks by stoking the flames of rage."

Atrocitus is a outrageous badass and with his furious feline Dex-Starr, he's prepped to induce rage with oppressive pressure and good spacing. Hopefully with a solid following Atrocitus can be tempered into a character with strength to match his righteous indignation. Best of luck out there.

P.S. I haven't noticed any changes since the Beta.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Does anybody knows a good setup for the blood sucking move? It has 50f of recovery....but when active it´s awesome the amount of dmg it does up close and the potential combo when Atrocitus explodes

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm going to spend the whole night on him in the lab. His health draing move I think is super key to use during your block pressures with dexstar.

I played around with it and it adds to the massive amounts of chip he takes off. I've mainly used it for that.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I'm going to spend the whole night on him in the lab. His health draing move I think is super key to use during your block pressures with dexstar.

I played around with it and it adds to the massive amounts of chip he takes off. I've mainly used it for that.
Yes. This is THE move. We need to explore it A LOT. But the key (as I said) is first, to find a safe way to perform it.

P.D: We need a combo thread ;)

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´ve found the 111-db3 safe as a finisher and also gives a HKD. So it´s perfect to keep pressure with chip dmg while he full his blood drain in order to gain the MB versión. In the corner is a REAL threat
P.D: Don´t know if this is already known but when the drain is active, a simply throw gives you a fully charge

Last edited:

Marinjuana

There are still wonky hit box stuff with rage breath. As in, bigger hit box characters are going to have to hold more pressure from it and we'll have to work around restands with it. For example:

Starter~DB1MB, JI2, B23~BF2 will hit on Swamp Thing which will then lead to pressure, but it won't hit on Cheetah, Supergirl, Robin. The Rage Breath will be duckable. It seems to be possible in the corner though. More testing is needed to figure out what works on whom.

Here's a corner combo using Rage Breath dot damage just shy of 500 on Robin, also shown with the Blood Drain Buff for a bit more dammy. Way more damaging then what I was doing before. They also can't tech roll.

Edit: Actual combo doesn't do nearly that much, had gear stuff on. Still a good combo though.

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Atrocitus jump attacks SUCKS. You can´t easily combo from any J1 or J2... and you can´t even crossup with them. Sometimes I use a very late J3-ragecharge or J3-lifedrain or J3-trait. Because trying to beging a combo with J1 or J2 is nearly useless.
P.D: What do you do after a blood-nado? You are so close to the opp but without frame adv and vulnerable to any wake up.I don´t find any meaty option or useful setup. Sometimes I do a simple backdash that avoid most wakeups and gives you the perfect distance for a F223-...pressure

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Atrocitus jump attacks SUCKS. You can´t easily combo from any J1 or J2... and you can´t even crossup with them. Sometimes I use a very late J3-ragecharge or J3-lifedrain or J3-trait. Because trying to beging a combo with J1 or J2 is nearly useless.
P.D: What do you do after a blood-nado? You are so close to the opp but without frame adv and vulnerable to any wake up.I don´t find any meaty option or useful setup. Sometimes I do a simple backdash that avoid most wakeups and gives you the perfect distance for a F223-...pressure
Not sure you want to be jumping in with Atrocitus. He on the slow side and his jumping attacks kind of wiff when it's a raw jump. Kind of like deadshot. Besides his trait is his air attacks & his up vomit move is as well. Even straight vomit can leave them staggered enough for a j1 or j2 but why risk the wiff when blood nado works just fine or his b3.

After a raw blood nado get his trait out. Dexstar is key to getting free damage and added pressure on your opponent. 2233, 213 & his back 13 works well. To start pushing your opponent to the mid range more or best bet in the corner where he is absolutely deadly.

I find raw blood nados need either to be mb or have his trait out. Don't for get to check em with his vomit move both high & straight because his straight leaves you with good spacing, stagger on hit and added damage overtime along with room to dash in for a low poke or throw which most would be thinking bloodnado.

Up vomit has juggling potential where d1 comes into play or 111 in to his blood punching walking thing.

I need to remember his moves. Sorry. Hope this kind of helps.

There are still wonky hit box stuff with rage breath. As in, bigger hit box characters are going to have to hold more pressure from it and we'll have to work around restands with it. For example:

Starter~DB1MB, JI2, B23~BF2 will hit on Swamp Thing which will then lead to pressure, but it won't hit on Cheetah, Supergirl, Robin. The Rage Breath will be duckable. It seems to be possible in the corner though. More testing is needed to figure out what works on whom.

Here's a corner combo using Rage Breath dot damage just shy of 500 on Robin, also shown with the Blood Drain Buff for a bit more dammy. Way more damaging then what I was doing before. They also can't tech roll.

Edit: Actual combo doesn't do nearly that much, had gear stuff on. Still a good combo though.

To expand on this here's the same combo but with a restand that puts you at +11 and I think this does more damage overall (keep in mind i didn't use life drain and have competitive mode on). The execution isn't hard so it seems pretty practical.

@Pig Of The Hut

Marinjuana

To expand on this here's the same combo but with a restand that puts you at +11 and I think this does more damage overall (keep in mind i didn't use life drain and have competitive mode on). The execution isn't hard so it seems pretty practical.

@Pig Of The Hut
Awesome stuff dude, my only question is if the breath hits properly on smaller hitbox chars. Either way thats a fantastic restand.

Awesome stuff dude, my only question is if the breath hits properly on smaller hitbox chars. Either way thats a fantastic restand.
You seem to be right. I tried it on catwoman, super girl and Canary and the standing breath doesn't link. I'm guessing this won't work on most female chacters but you can still end after b23 and be +3 which still ain't bad

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
That's incorrect. I just lab checked it, and after j2 you can get 22xxpunchwalk. After j1 you can get 11, or 111xxpunchwalk. Try jumping in a little deeper, before you hit 1 or 2, but with practice it works. 22 after j2 is actually easy, it's the cancel into punchfloat/punchwalk that's tricky.

As far as what to do after regular bloodnado... I dunno, but it's going to be fun to figure out.

Here's another re-stand if you have trait out that puts you at +50. This works on any corner combo you end in b23 trait shot, i just showed a meterless combo. Works on every character 100%.

Edit: This also works at mid screen, you have to shoot your trait shot a lot earlier for it to link but it still gives you a guaranteed f223 bloodnado or f22 bloodnado mix up and you can loop it as long as you guess right and have trait. Meterless the timining is a lot more tricky. On the initial bloodnado you have to shoot your shot a lot earlier so it can recover in time to shoot a 2nd shot to link to b23. With meter you don't have to worry about shooting 2 shots so it's easier

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
I am in love with this character, man. Gonna take him online tonight after work. Feels good to have found a main.

Has anyone else noticed that players just completely ignore the existence of your trait? Like they just hop around and play as if it isn't there. I've had a lot of success due to people just trying to ram their head through my trait.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
How does Atrocitus do against Deadshot? I have yet to test it out in real matches but it seems like trying to trade bloodnados with his gunshots is a pretty good strategy - while you get hit, the distance is closed afterward.

Seems like you can also summon trait full screen pretty easily - he will probably hit you with a gunshot and do a little damage but unless he does so in the first few frames of your trait summon, the cat still comes out and you can use it to get in.

Is the above correct? As mentioned, this is mostly theory - haven't played much of him in real matches yet.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Mid screen +50 restand with trait guaranteed f22 mixup. Loopable until you run out of trait or guess wrong. 1 combo from most areas of the stage will corner carry so you can use the trait-less re-stand in the corner.

@Marinjuana
@Pig Of The Hut
Hey man I really like this

I wanna explore the concept of trait shot hit adv after b23

How would you compare this with f223 puddle trait shot b23 puddle trait shot b23 MB fire (now you're +25) grants free f2

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Actually after messing with it a little more I can land it on smaller characters like catwoman. The timing is tighter but still doable.
Yea females being harder to combo is nothing new to NRS games, pretty sure it's been like that since MK9. Great find by the way.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
how are you guys setting up for db3/trait?
I typically end with 3 and cancel into Dex or Aura. 111xxDex or 111xxAura works too I believe. 3 is pretty plus on hit I believe, so that's why I don't mind losing the damage. Once Dex is out, I try to use the plus frames on block from trait to do massive chip damage or open them up. Shame there isn't many options for Standard Blood Nado to setup stuff. Recovery too loong