What's new

Atom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

AkioOf100

I play Raph
How do you guys think he's going to play? I really love Atom as a character. Here are some cool facts about him:

1) He gets his powers from his "Bio-Belt" around his waist.
2) The Original Atom's name is Al Pratt, but the Atom we're getting is Ryan Choi!

With his shrinking abilities and all, I think he might have some hitbox issues, but that might actually turn out to be his trait? I'm hoping his trait is some form of parry that can low profile just about any attack. That would be really cool, but I'm not sure how it would work. Perhaps his strings are just normal H2H combat but his specials are size-changing?

I dunno! Discuss!

Last edited:

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
How do you guys think he's going to play? I really love Atom as a character. Here are some cool facts about him:

1) He gets his powers from his "Bio-Belt" around his waist.
2) There's a version of The Atom that is just as powerful as Dr. Manhattan called "Captain Atom" (premier skin pls?)
3) The Original Atom's name is Al Pratt, but the Atom we're getting is Ryan Choi!

With his shrinking abilities and all, I think he might have some hitbox issues, but that might actually turn out to be his trait? I'm hoping his trait is some form of parry that can low profile just about any attack. That would be really cool, but I'm not sure how it would work. Perhaps his strings are just normal H2H combat but his specials are size-changing?

I dunno! Discuss!
The Atom and Captain Atom are two separate and different characters.

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
I'm thinking they may do something like Fate's forward and back dash. He "teleports" and disappears but he can still be hit out of it.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Gonna be an Atom loyalist when he's released. He looks like a weird combination of space control/mobility.

The only notable characteristic of his fighting style that I can deduce is that he will use his body as a projectile. Kind of like blanka beast and rainbow balls. His anti projectile game should be strong.

What do you guys think?

Edit: pretty disappointed it's not Ray Palmer btw

trufenix

bye felicia
I could have sworn
They're not derivatives in any way?????? LOL I should stop getting my information from wikia.
Captain Atom is a military man who (Depending on the origin) can fly, has super strength and has crazy radiation / energy powers. Moore wanted him for Watchmen, but when DC said no ruining our mainline characters he dreamt up Manhattan. He's technically dead by Injustice 2, but like 5 other dead characters are in it so why not.

The Atom is your standard fare dc hero with powers from some inexplicable bullshit thing that came from space. In this case a belt that for some reason makes other things explode but not him when they shrink.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Gonna be an Atom loyalist when he's released. He looks like a weird combination of space control/mobility.

The only notable characteristic of his fighting style that I can deduce is that he will use his body as a projectile. Kind of like blanka beast and rainbow balls. His anti projectile game should be strong.

What do you guys think?

Edit: pretty disappointed it's not Ray Palmer btw
I really want him to have a restand that's super plus. That's all I ask.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
How do you guys think his trait is going to work? I think it'll let him shrink through attacks like a parry.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I 100% bet Atom is gonna be my kind of character. I'm sort of expecting him to be a rushdown cancel character.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I believe that he might be the best counterpick against almost everyone. He's a hybrid of Raiden and Sub Zero, and his traps look like Cold's.

I'm worried about the ducking attacks, except of D2. Most of them might hit him, like Sub's and Cold's D3.