What's new

Atom MU Discussion

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I'd have to play it more to be sure. It's always hard to say whether Atom gets truly kept out in some matchups just due to how his trait, teleport, stomp and blue chemicals all come together to give him strong counter zoning tools.

Although the only answer I think Atom has to B1 is like lucky/clever usage of trait. Or just doing it the old fashion way with patience and reads.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I'd have to play it more to be sure. It's always hard to say whether Atom gets truly kept out in some matchups just due to how his trait, teleport, stomp and blue chemicals all come together to give him strong counter zoning tools.

Although the only answer I think Atom has to B1 is like lucky/clever usage of trait. Or just doing it the old fashion way with patience and reads.
So yea those aren't exactly good options, especially if Ds is doing max range b1s and shimmys

Cursa

I think the main thing stopping the mu from being worse is ds shitty damage, like if atom gets a life lead he has a chance
Yeah I think that's a factor since trades with stomp are almost always scary.

I don't disagree with you btw, just considering all the options

Cursa

Been awhile playing so maybe I've just gotten rusty but tips on Cheetah? Seems zoning and anti airing are both pretty tough.

Current gameplan is basically just zoning out enough for trait to come back and abusing green chemicals to try and prevent her just yolo jumping in on me

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Been awhile playing so maybe I've just gotten rusty but tips on Cheetah? Seems zoning and anti airing are both pretty tough.

Current gameplan is basically just zoning out enough for trait to come back and abusing green chemicals to try and prevent her just yolo jumping in on me
I haven’t touched this game for three months but I imagine j1 for her pounce? Stomp will be hard to get out due to slow startup and the gun is slow and cannot keep her out of the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Cursa

I haven’t touched this game for three months but I imagine j1 for her pounce? Stomp will be hard to get out due to slow startup and the gun is slow and cannot keep her out of the air.

Yea I figure J1 is basically the only option.

Usually gun is my go to for preventing people from jumping over stomp but it just ain't the same with leaps because of how far they go horizontally, if that makes sense. I think I just have to time the gun better.

After watching combo breaker I saw Grr do a lot of anti-airs with red chemical explosion since it actually anti-airs ridiculously well against slow-ish leaps, since DF3 is like 30 frames or something, but you get a combo from it so I guess I can condition with it to at least get something started.

It still not a fun matchup though. If she pops claws from fullscreen I basically just wait because risk/reward for a projectile just is so not worth it lol

Mandolore1123

Usually gun is my go to for preventing people from jumping over stomp but it just ain't the same with leaps because of how far they go horizontally, if that makes sense. I think I just have to time the gun better.

After watching combo breaker I saw Grr do a lot of anti-airs with red chemical explosion since it actually anti-airs ridiculously well against slow-ish leaps, since DF3 is like 30 frames or something, but you get a combo from it so I guess I can condition with it to at least get something started.

It still not a fun matchup though. If she pops claws from fullscreen I basically just wait because risk/reward for a projectile just is so not worth it lol
Is is possible to react to pounce with teleport? At least you get away from her until you can contest the close range with trait. Since running away with Atom is his main focus until trait comes back

Cursa

Is is possible to react to pounce with teleport? At least you get away from her until you can contest the close range with trait. Since running away with Atom is his main focus until trait comes back

Ya probably could. I wonder where he ends up. You'd think it would be wherever Cheetah is at during her leap but sometimes teleports are weird and don't do that at all lol

Parasurama

Dragon
@Espio

Parasurama

Dragon
He probably loses. Since her projectiles are faster. I have to teleport in or use trait to low profile.

Did you guys find out more for Starfire MU? I found that we can stop many of her wake ups with j3 (especially the charge ) and our MB bf1 will trade for combo . So to summarize trait is the answer in most situations and mb tele or tele on stardust (or sparkles) and other predictable zoning tactics? Any other tools in the match up?

Mandolore1123

Did you guys find out more for Starfire MU? I found that we can stop many of her wake ups with j3 (especially the charge ) and our MB bf1 will trade for combo . So to summarize trait is the answer in most situations and mb tele or tele on stardust (or sparkles) and other predictable zoning tactics? Any other tools in the match up?
I haven’t had the chance to play a lot of Starfires online. Since where I live not many people play the game online anymore. Though I feel it’s manageable. Teleport star dust, trait under her trait. Like you said j3 is an answer to her wakeups, and we can probably suffocate her in our corner pressure?

Mandolore1123

Any thoughts on Red Hood and Captain Cold matchups?

Parasurama

Dragon
Any thoughts on Red Hood and Captain Cold matchups?

I felt Cold was easy in general (as he cant play his normal game) but Hood felt a bit difficult with lows - bombs and advancing low... Although I dont think it is a bad mu yet.

Mandolore1123

I felt Cold was easy in general (as he cant play his normal game) but Hood felt a bit difficult with lows - bombs and advancing low... Although I dont think it is a bad mu yet.
Any tips on how to deal with both? Cold seems weird because his wake up is very good and the speed of his gun makes getting off shots and stomps difficult, he also has better footsies and a 6f low d1. RH is also difficult because I don’t think we can punish his lunge forward and he generally doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses from what I can see

Sent from my iPad using Test Your Might

Parasurama

Dragon
Any tips on how to deal with both? Cold seems weird because his wake up is very good and the speed of his gun makes getting off shots and stomps difficult, he also has better footsies and a 6f low d1. RH is also difficult because I don’t think we can punish his lunge forward and he generally doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses from what I can see

Sent from my iPad using Test Your Might
I feel i can contribute for Cold:
He needs to get to level 2 trait to be able to zone effectively. Stomps will slow him down and you probably could teleport on reaction (i have not tested this for all his specials ). Atom trait helps to harass him and outside of d1 range you win with D3 but watch out for his low ice puddle. I would not really be in his face mostly but stick and move. In general dont give him time to trait up.