What's new

Atom MU Discussion

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
But as Raph I get freed up :-/
I got no clue if he beats the turtles but I'm pretty sure all the low profiling stuff makes their already whiffing buttons just whiff more.

If turtling absorbs stomp then rip.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Stomp isn’t a projectile so it’s not absorbed I think

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Cursa

I'll check if stomp gets reflected later. If it does that's a huge deal for the MU. Stomps such a key part of Atom's gameplan imo.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I'm interested in hearing @General M2Dave and everyone else's thoughts on the Atom Vs Black Canary MU.

I've ran this one with a really good Canary player and while I don't want to commit to it being a bad MU, I do think that, especially if the Canary player manages her trait well, this one is a total headache and really limits Atoms trait offense. Catching up to her if she gets a life lead is extremely annoying.

Cursa

I'm interested in hearing @General M2Dave and everyone else's thoughts on the Atom Vs Black Canary MU.

I've ran this one with a really good Canary player and while I don't want to commit to it being a bad MU, I do think that, especially if the Canary player manages her trait well, this one is a total headache and really limits Atoms trait offense. Catching up to her if she gets a life lead is extremely annoying.
I agree with basically everything you said. Level 3 trait is a neutral killer imo and she also does well at beating trait since nearly all of her buttons can hit Atom out of it. It's super easy for her to gain a life lead and super hard for you to get it back.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have genuinely never played the match. Atom has some surprisingly difficult match ups (i.e., versus Bane). I hope Black Canary is not one of them.

Can d+3 low-profile the trait by any chance?

Cursa

I have genuinely never played the match. Atom has some surprisingly difficult match ups (i.e., versus Bane). I hope Black Canary is not one of them.

Can d+3 low-profile the trait by any chance?
Not level 3 sadly. Level 2 you can. I actually don't think you can go under level 1.

Most characters with air mobility, better footsies, or both. Air mobility gets around his zoning and footsies just dominate him for obvious reasons.
I don't think It is that abvious. He characters with air mobility just force you to play more carefully but it does not mean he loses.

Just look at the cheetah matchup she is very mobile but the matchup is 5-5. As a cheetah player myself i use to think she beat him but now that i am an atom player 2 i really beleave is even

Cursa

I don't think It is that abvious. He characters with air mobility just force you to play more carefully but it does not mean he loses.

Just look at the cheetah matchup she is very mobile but the matchup is 5-5. As a cheetah player myself i use to think she beat him but now that i am an atom player 2 i really beleave is even
I don't think it's a guaranteed win but it gets close. It's one of his biggest weaknesses imo.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Well dead shot outzones him until atom decides to counterzone w teleport. Then dead shot can rush em down, also d3 will not low profile dead shots b1

Cursa

Well dead shot outzones him until atom decides to counterzone w teleport. Then dead shot can rush em down, also d3 will not low profile dead shots b1
Can't say I've played it a lot but note that trait gets Atom in for free.

Cursa

I was under the impression he still had to change it with distance in order to hit. Trick shot isn't a true mid for it's entire, duration I guess is the word. Although it is more than what most zoners get against Atom.

Sounds like MB teleport mind games need to be used heavily in this MU so that Atom can try and get a knockdown in order to get stomps started.