What's new

Atom General discussion

Parasurama

Dragon
Let us get this discussion started.
For Everything Atom!

What do you guys think about Atom as a character and his gameplay?

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
So far I don't own atom but from playing online practice with friends combos follow as
- Midscreen

1. 112xx Mb gun, Red beaker, s3, mb df3, b3, j3, f212, bf2

- corner
1. 112xx mb gun, blue beaker, f3, j1, 112xx df3 mb. Red beaker,

Parasurama

Dragon
So far I don't own atom but from playing online practice with friends combos follow as
- Midscreen

1. 112xx Mb gun, Red beaker, s3, mb df3, b3, j3, f212, bf2

- corner
1. 112xx mb gun, blue beaker, f3, j1, 112xx df3 mb. Red beaker,
How much damage on these combos?

I have been having difficulty doing a B3 after another B3 midscreen like with most characters. Does anyone know how to do it consistently ?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

I have been having difficulty doing a B3 after another B3 midscreen like with most characters. Does anyone know how to do it consistently ?
Take a short step forward is probably the best advice I can give. Speaking of B3's, his F3 has trash range, like it's down there with Grodd's F3

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy

These combos were used against black Adam I think iirc
Combo 1 did 270s-280s while combo 2 did 290s but! Midscreen it's best take a step under opp after gun for b3, b3 conversion

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Of what I've experienced in the multiverse, it seems like he could be a very versatile and tricky character. Very fun to play, very hard to play against. There's a lot of his neutral game that I'm still trying to figure out though. I feel like if you can't open up someone playing defensively with trait you're going to have a bad time with this character, so using trait smartly will be paramount.

Parasurama

Dragon
Of what I've experienced in the multiverse, it seems like he could be a very versatile and tricky character. Very fun to play, very hard to play against. There's a lot of his neutral game that I'm still trying to figure out though. I feel like if you can't open up someone playing defensively with trait you're going to have a bad time with this character, so using trait smartly will be paramount.
I notice that trait can be used for damage easily in strings and combos... is it better to do that or save it for neutral? Also I wonder about plus frames with cancelling on block.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
I notice that trait can be used for damage easily in strings and combos... is it better to do that or save it for neutral? Also I wonder about plus frames with cancelling on block.
I guess it's up to you. His trait gives you what looks like some of his best damage meterlessly so it might be worth using as a punish. (B12 trait 2~?)

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I think that will be something that might change depending on matchups.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Today I plan on making a combo video. Also found a funny ass glitch I will show as well that im sure will be patched later. But when Atom dies while throwing his beaker attacks, the beaker will float and exit stage left. Super funny lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Speaking of which the bf2 MB attack has a VERY SMALL window for a follow up attack before the opponent can block. Immediately follow up with b3 for a wall bounce. And you can either mb gun for another small juggle

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
End your combos that are already leaving them standing with that.

Example:

F21 BF1 MB b3 j3 f21 bf2 MB 112 DB2
OOOOOO i see. BUT that DB2 is sooooo reactable tho. Does that really cause a restand? I thought it was a low attack that just knocks them down.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Here's a gimmick.
After MB bf2 do we 112 atom bomb it's causes a force block they don't the get hit. If they block you're at +7 and they have to respect a d1

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
That's what I just said.. and it's not a gimmick :((((
I think the terminology got mixed in translation, but i get what ur saying now. So technically its NOT a restand but more of a frame trap I guess? Because right after, you can immediately attack into another combo for being plus, correct ?Question mark?