What's new

Assistance with getting back into comics

Mulder

King of Heroes
Hey guys I've been out of comic reading for a while and I'd like to get back into it. I'd rather not get into a comic which is in the middle of an arc so a comic which is just starting a new arc would be nice. I'm mainly interested to get back into Batman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
A good start for new 52 Batman would be the Court of Owls, it's pretty damn good too.

If you want to read something sort of similar to the Injustice story, pick up Kingdom Come. You'll read it and wish that was what they based the game on.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
I agree Blackest Night and Blackest Night Green Lantern... There is a certain order to read it in ,but its easily found online.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Blackest Night is arse. Literally my least favourite arc and it's a convoluted crossover.

Read Earth 2, it's contained to it's own universe so it doesn't crossover with anything and it doesn't refer to a shit tonne of other stuff you need to read to make sense of it all. Plus it is really, really awesome. I would also recommend New 52 Wonder Woman. Just start both from issue 1 and slowly catch up.

Marvel wise, if that should interest you, I say Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, however I am heavily biased to all things based in alternate universes...

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Screenshot (17).png
Hey guys I've been out of comic reading for a while and I'd like to get back into it. I'd rather not get into a comic which is in the middle of an arc so a comic which is just starting a new arc would be nice. I'm mainly interested to get back into Batman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow.
If you have Windows 8 I can email some of mine. I have the first 13 of the New 52 Superman, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, and The Long Halloween.

Screenshot (17).png

Reedoms

Noob
For Green Arrow, Grell's run is probably your best bet as it's very self contained and you need no prior knowledge to it other than the fact that GA is an archer and likes to bang ladies.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Green Arrow Year One is pretty cool too. If Green Arrow is the thing you're looking for.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
First arc of Aquaman's New52 series is fantastic. Even if you don't like Aquaman, it'll make you into a fan. But, if you want your Green Arrow fix, the New 52 Justice League of America is really good. Only on issue 4 or 5 I think and Green Arrow's a big part of it.

Beercorn

Don't you wanna rev up your Harley?
All of the ongoing Green Lantern books just began new arcs. If you grab the #21 issues of Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians, and Red Lanterns, then you'll be catching the very beginning of their new arc.

Also, get Larfleeze #1. It's a new GL-related book that just came out this week, but it doesn't appear that it will be connected to the main story going on throughout all the other GL books.