What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Kevlang, I will add u when I get on for sure.

I got another question for everyone:

I've noticed and I started using things like this
d3, d4 --> U2, 3, Smoke bomb
d3, d4 --> dash, grab

I have noticed xsmokex do things like
1, 2, 4 --> forward smoke
and then keeping pressure with a string like
3, U1, 2

What are some of the pressure combos you guys use?

Bruke

Wut

d3, d4 --> dash, grab

3, U1, 2

You mean b2, 3 smoke bomb? And 214 smoke forward?

Anyway, I usually use
either 3 or 3 d1 then into 3d12

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
LMFAO at "if not ray-x"
sorry. my litle level inglish. he he
bars are great for increasing the number of strokes and cause much damage but keep in mind, many strokes make up the law of gravity and yegado to a point, it is difficult to connect more than one hit and if a ray-x out this, the combo would harm more than any magic

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

d3, d4 --> dash, grab

3, U1, 2

usually ill do 2 2 d3 2 d3 214 d3 grab / b2 them a few also or ill check them with a d1 smoke bomb or d4 ... i do 2 alot cuz if they try to jump out of the pressure i can usually anti air them dash up d1 smokebomb for full combo and possible reset op. if i cant get them to block low i use a grab. its good to grab often if they are really being stubborn about jumping out of blockin low because its fuckin annoying and they will start opening up more to not get grabbed

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
your opponent is weakened, you start a combo and half of this, the two bars recharge, your next shot can only block if not ray-x U_U
Leaves falling from tree's/Snow drifting onto the ground/ Life leaving your corpse

:D ur doing haiku all wrong bud.

ncerovic

Noob
How to deal with Smokes constant crossover jik into airgrabbing as Reptile? Besides blocking and not so reliable uppercutting?:S

How to deal with Smokes constant crossover jik into airgrabbing as Reptile? Besides blocking and not so reliable uppercutting?:S
read it and block it, he's probably doing them high up. When you block a jump kick above your waist, the opponent is negative and you get a free blockstring basically. If you're letting him land them deep then you have a lot of other problems than just the jump kick

ncerovic

Noob
read it and block it, he's probably doing them high up. When you block a jump kick above your waist, the opponent is negative and you get a free blockstring basically. If you're letting him land them deep then you have a lot of other problems than just the jump kick
Oh ok, ill commit to blockstrings from now on. Thank you.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Can someone give me some advice on anti-airing with smokes d1 or standing 2? It seems like a lot of the time when I try to do this it either whiffs or I get hit by a jumping kick or punch before it comes out. Do I need to walk back and be at a certain spacing? I feel like this is the worst part of my game and if I can master AA's then I'll be a hell of a lot better.

@SZSR
@FrothyOmen
@GGA Wafflez
@RiBBz22

SZSR

Noob
My problem was that I was doing it too late, try to standing 2 as soon as you see them in the air. @n-megabytes was also hitting most of my jump in kicks with standing 2 and I had no idea what was going on.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
So, as soon as I see the animation for them going into the air I just press 2? His 2 seems soooo quick though.

So, as soon as I see the animation for them going into the air I just press 2? His 2 seems soooo quick though.
What? You time the 2 so it hits them out of the air. What more is there to understand other than that? The hitbox extends very slightly past his hand, but you literally just hit them out of the air, that's all that's required. You're overthinking it.