What's new

Ask Liu Kang, get an answer.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Well actually; your asking Liu Kang players, but if Liu Kang could answer, I'm sure he would.

Need help fighting him? Gotcha covered!
Need some tips? No worries!
Anything you can think of, just ask!

I'm sure us Liu Kang players can help you, if not; well...not likely.
MK Peanuts
XBlades
AssassiN[be]

FAQ:
None yet.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
why not, I'll give it a whirl. A friend of mine told me that LK has some frame traps....care to explain what they are? (if any)

why not, I'll give it a whirl. A friend of mine told me that LK has some frame traps....care to explain what they are? (if any)
None that I know of. However his f4 and b2b3 strings both have random advantage on block, so if one of those are blocked then a b312 after may or may not be a frame trap.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
i just picked liu up as my secondary and im loving his style, i just dont know how to deal with crossups with him yet. how do you guys handle them

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
i just picked liu up as my secondary and im loving his style, i just dont know how to deal with crossups with him yet. how do you guys handle them
Uppercut, or an AA 2. 2 is really underestimated. Or if your feeling ballsy you can use Parry.

You don't, really. Kang is kind of free to cross ups because of his large crouching hitbox and slow d1. You can beat it with parry or b4 but it's tough to time it right.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
how's his rushdown mixup? I mean, most people expect the F12 D3....is there anything else you experienced guys do to mix stuff up? I know about the F12 EX low fireball staggering people for a follow up B312 string...

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Ex Parry is a godlike AA. 40% punish for a jip? Thats money right there
Yea, it's great when it works. It's really risky though, as it can be baited. I usually do it when people expect it least. (I won't do it for almost the entire match then...BOOM!)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
how's his rushdown mixup? I mean, most people expect the F12 D3....is there anything else you experienced guys do to mix stuff up? I know about the F12 EX low fireball staggering people for a follow up B312 string...
There's alot more.
f3
f4 (just ask Peckapowa)
21(3) or EX low fireball
DS mixups
f12(1) (as people will try to poke out after f12 and the last hit catches them)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
You don't, really. Kang is kind of free to cross ups because of his large crouching hitbox and slow d1. You can beat it with parry or b4 but it's tough to time it right.
You don't use 2? I usually try d3 when they land. (as a jip is neutral on block)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'd actually like to know how to fight him, I really do not understand how to approach this character successfully with Stryker...he outzones me and has better rushdown and I have a really hard time reading his mix ups between pokes, the overhead and back 3,1,2 combo starter. He gives me more trouble than Cage and Sonya...I have very minimal match up experience with this character so help would be appreciated.

Gun cancels help, but it's hard to make the proper read and be in range.

I'll probably ask around the Stryker forum too, get multiple perspectives.

Additionally, I understand he's got random advantage and most of his strings are zero on block, correct?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I'd actually like to know how to fight him, I really do not understand how to approach this character successfully with Stryker...he outzones me and has better rushdown and I have a really hard time reading his mix ups between pokes, the overhead and back 3,1,2 combo starter. He gives me more trouble than Cage and Sonya...I have very minimal match up experience with this character so help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I understand he's got random advantage and most of his strings are zero on block, correct?
I don't have much Stryker vs Liu actually. So I really wouldn't know much. I do know Stryker is a little slow, so that might be a little disadvantage. I know Liu can't do iafbs because of Stryker's roll and gun. Low fireballs will probably catch him, unless if he EX Rolls. I know Stryker has some pretty good zoning himself, but the only thing he has in that department against us is his gun. (which is good enough) I personally would try rush Stryker down, as his normals are slower than Liu's.

He does have random advantage on a few of his strings, but I don't how much it helps him. (maybe MK Peanuts can help is out here) and Liu does have alot of 0s on block, not as much as Johnny, but still a decent amount.

I haven't met any decent Strykers. I'm getting internet soon, so maybe we can get some MU experience then eh?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I don't have much Stryker vs Liu actually. So I really wouldn't know much. I do know Stryker is a little slow, so that might be a little disadvantage. I know Liu can't do iafbs because of Stryker's roll and gun. Low fireballs will probably catch him, unless if he EX Rolls. I know Stryker has some pretty good zoning himself, but the only thing he has in that department against us is his gun. (which is good enough) I personally would try rush Stryker down, as his normals are slower than Liu's.

He does have random advantage on a few of his strings, but I don't how much it helps him. (maybe MK Peanuts can help is out here) and Liu does have alot of 0s on block, not as much as Johnny, but still a decent amount.

I haven't met any decent Strykers. I'm getting internet soon, so maybe we can get some MU experience then eh?

Add me so we can play soon please, glad we'll be helping each other:). I played MK Peanuts some weeks ago and he was blowing me up, I got I think one win with Stryker, but other than that whenever he pressured me, I was literally like OMG...save me lol.

Thanks for your feedback

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Add me so we can play soon please, glad we'll be helping each other:). I played MK Peanuts some weeks ago and he was blowing me up, I got I think one win with Stryker, but other than that whenever he pressured me, I was literally like OMG...save me lol.

Thanks for your feedback
I'll be sure to add you. :)

No problem man, anytime.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!

To avoid Liu's pressure, block low. F12 will whiff (on neutral crouch if you read it), b312 will be blocked, and his two VIABLE overheads are both the same, a high heel kick. Watch for that heel kick and you can fuzzy block well enough. Once he goes for the 213 string, uppercut. i believe the first one or two hits are high so you can neutral crouch them as well.

Remember that b312, 213, f12, f4, all his stuff, can be poked. All Kang has is a mediocre 7 frame d3 so Stryker can d1 between strings. Kang has no advantage strings but a ton of neutral strings so be prepared, Kang can mix it up quite well.

The random advantage is off of f4 and one other string that i cant remember. Nothing to worry about imo.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Uppercut, or an AA 2. 2 is really underestimated. Or if your feeling ballsy you can use Parry.
Parry is your best friend! I use it a lot...

however...

what is this 40% combo you get off ex parry? Every time I land a DS 1 or ex parry... I have no idea what to do and end up doing something stupid like.... 1 dash 1 dash 1. lolz

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Does F12 hid mid? i always was under the impression that it hit high.
Yes. If it didn't I think 2(1)(3) would be our main string. f12 hits neutral crouch and crouch block opponents. That's the beauty of the string. I don't think Liu would have much without it.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Parry is your best friend! I use it a lot...

however...

what is this 40% combo you get off ex parry? Every time I land a DS 1 or ex parry... I have no idea what to do and end up doing something stupid like.... 1 dash 1 dash 1. lolz
There are many things you can do.

f12, b312, b312, b1 into combo ender
1, b312 repeated
f12 x4 into flying kick
b312, b312, f24 bicycle kick

There's more, but I suppose those would be the easiest. If you have problems with landing the f12 just go with 1.

PS: These might not be 40%, but practical.