What's new

Ask Liu Kang, get an answer.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
You can always try to study the MU and be on point.
7-3 is by no means an unwinnable MU, just means that you'll have to work harder.

You can always try picking a sub character for those characters, but what happens if you are playing a sub character against a character you really don't know the MU off? It's always better to stick with your guns, enough people have tried picking up subs for certain characters but they always go back to their main(s). Biggest example is Tom Brady.

I'm suggesting that you don't pick up a new character just for 2 MU's.
I don't think it's necessary and XBlades will agree I think
Ok.. Yeah I feel you on that note. & yeah I've seen it happen plenty of times. So with that said I'm gonna stick to my characters. If I have any subs, it'll be for casual purposes.

JDE

All the other juggles I have down. The juggles with the bicycle kick are a little complicated. I wish I could explain the notation better without naming the keys. It's like this :l:fk:fp:fp :l:fk:fp:bp then :l:l:bk... Like those kind...

AssassiN

Noob
All the other juggles I have down. The juggles with the bicycle kick are a little complicated. I wish I could explain the notation better without naming the keys. It's like this :l:fk:fp:fp :l:fk:fp:bp then :l:l:bk... Like those kind...
The BNB's that you can do with LK is:
- B312, B312, F24 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, F12 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, B1 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, F24 + bicycle kick
- 213, forward dash, B312, F24 + bicycle kick

Reactions: JDE

JDE

The BNB's that you can do with LK is:
- B312, B312, F24 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, F12 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, B1 + bicycle kick
- B312, B312, B312, F24 + bicycle kick
- 213, forward dash, B312, F24 + bicycle kick
The way you explained this, I think I got the notation for the game now. I know B is back 3 is front kick, 4 is back kick. F is forward ( I knew), 1 is front punch & 2 is back punch. Am I right? LOL sorry if I sound awkward. Just have to adjust a lil from DOA's notation. Other than that, I'll break everything else down. Thanks!

AssassiN

Noob
1:Front punch(Square on PS3/X on Xbox 360)
2:Back punch(Triangle on PS3/Y on Xbox 360)
3:Front kick(X on PS3/A on Xbox 360)
4:Back kick(Circle on PS3/B on Xbox 360)

Reactions: JDE

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Does anyone else bait wake ups by doing a fake jump in lp and cancel the early j.lp with an air fireball?

I only ask because I want to be sure that this is a good habit or just shenanigans that should only be done with a life lead lol. Been extremely successful against my friend who use Kung Lao and I always bait his spin move with the correct timing. I think I brought this up in the past about a year ago but that was back when I was still trying to figure this character out a bit more.

AssassiN

Noob
Does anyone else bait wake ups by doing a fake jump in lp and cancel the early j.lp with an air fireball?

I only ask because I want to be sure that this is a good habit or just shenanigans that should only be done with a life lead lol. Been extremely successful against my friend who use Kung Lao and I always bait his spin move with the correct timing. I think I brought this up in the past about a year ago but that was back when I was still trying to figure this character out a bit more.
Depends on which character, I know it's a nice back-up tactic when jumping at Kenshi and you noticed he didn't use shoulder too early.
Fun to use against KL as well, but don't think you can punish his whiffed spin.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Let me ask this.

Why do I never see F2, 4 as a tool to bait players?

It's common place in games such as Street Fighter to throw out a normal to trick your opponent into attempting to attack, and then punishing them for responding.

Liu Kang's F2, 4 canceled into low fireball is an amazing tool to use from jump range, as the players will attempt to punish the intentionally whiffed F2, and get eaten alive by the 4, canceled into low fireball. From that point, you're within mixup/pressure range.

If you HAVE been using this tool... how has it worked for you? It works wonders for me.

AssassiN

Noob
Let me ask this.

It's common place in games such as Street Fighter to throw out a normal to trick your opponent into attempting to attack, and then punishing them for responding.

Liu Kang's F2, 4 canceled into low fireball is an amazing tool to use from jump range, as the players will attempt to punish the intentionally whiffed F2, and get eaten alive by the 4, canceled into low fireball. From that point, you're within mixup/pressure range.

If you HAVE been using this tool... how has it worked for you? It works wonders for me.
Canceling into fireball seems dangerous, since it doesn't link.
I dunno about this, should experiment with it.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Let me ask this.

I do use f24 into low fireball (or enhanced low fireball), BUT: If the low fireball connects you only have 1 or 2 frames of advantage so I guess, "mathematically" speaking, the only safe thing to do afterwards is a standing 2 (8f) or 213 string (or even better, a 21 low fireball string). If the low fireball gets blocked (I believe you're at minus 10-11 f), you eat a clean uppercut or you get pressured. How about sometimes doing a f2 4 into high fireball instead? If you get blocked (i think) you have a slightly less disdvantage than the low fb but if you hit, then the opponent is at a bigger "minus frame" disadvantage to have more time to mix it up afterwards... F.E. A f3 or a b312...

AssassiN

Noob
I do use f24 into low fireball (or enhanced low fireball), BUT: If the low fireball connects you only have 1 or 2 frames of advantage so I guess, "mathematically" speaking, the only safe thing to do afterwards is a standing 2 (8f) or 213 string (or even better, a 21 low fireball string). If the low fireball gets blocked (I believe you're at minus 10-11 f), you eat a clean uppercut or you get pressured. How about sometimes doing a f2 4 into high fireball instead? If you get blocked (i think) you have a slightly less disdvantage than the low fb but if you hit, then the opponent is at a bigger "minus frame" disadvantage to have more time to mix it up afterwards... F.E. A f3 or a b312...
Blocked low fireball(normal and EX): -12
Blocked high fireball(normal and EX): -10

I'm gonna be real here, there are not gonna be a lot of people that will actually punish these on block.
At worst you'll get pressured, which is actually not good if you're fighting a character like Sonya, Cage or Kabal.
From experience with Skarlet, I still have to see Up-Slash(-13 on block) see punished except by Reptile's dash.

I use F24 + EX Low fireball because I still have to fight a person that has actually blocked the low fireball.
I dunno why, but people never see it coming and keep falling for it.
I only use F24 after they got already hit by a EX low fireball, not out of the blue.
Still haven't experimented with this on whiff, but I use B23 to bait out whiff punishments.

I'd like to see more hitconfirms of F12 into high fireball, you'll get +9 instead of +6 which means more shenanigans.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Kind of a dumb question:

What is the minimum height of Luis' iaFB?
Is it the same as High FB? Or is it higher/lower?

World G

Noob
can someone pls me if somethin is wrong with my game or there a special way to use b312 midscreen, cos it only works for me on the wall. i sure im doing it well but it doesnt work. i play on ps vita, i dont use liukang cos i cant use b312 but when i meet people online, even a new player does it like its easy
i can do quanch b21 3times on mid screen to confirm i can dash and continue combos starting with "b"
any advice pls. i hate it that i dont use liukang for this reason. i play almost every fighter.

can someone pls me if somethin is wrong with my game or there a special way to use b312 midscreen, cos it only works for me on the wall. i sure im doing it well but it doesnt work. i play on ps vita, i dont use liukang cos i cant use b312 but when i meet people online, even a new player does it like its easy
i can do quanch b21 3times on mid screen to confirm i can dash and continue combos starting with "b"
any advice pls. i hate it that i dont use liukang for this reason. i play almost every fighter.
Remember to wait a very short time after each dash so that Liu Kang can get a little closer to the opponent, before doing B3,1,2.
Don't do it as fast as you can: there is a certain rhythm you have to follow for the B3,1,2~Dash~repeat combo to work.