What's new

Ashamed of Progress

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
My biggest problem for years is that im never consistent. I can beat bad players no problem, but long sets against other ppl from my level or higher always are wildly variating because of me starting to lose focus and autopilot. One time im playing supergood, and next set or next 2 games im just not playing my a game. Not sure how to fix it, maybe dont blaze too much when im playing.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
My biggest problem for years is that im never consistent. I can beat bad players no problem, but long sets against other ppl from my level or higher always are wildly variating because of me starting to lose focus and autopilot. One time im playing supergood, and next set or next 2 games im just not playing my a game. Not sure how to fix it, maybe dont blaze too much when im playing.
uh dude your not blazing enough bro.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
it's called "keepin' the consistent rythm" ... where in the first sets, you are pumping up pure adrenalin on veins, and so, it's easier to perform much better and having an ultra sharpen reaction, both offensive and defensive .... along the long sets (more than one hour), you have not that high energy working anymore, so, you lose focus, concentration and attention .... pure normal consequence

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
it's called "keepin' the consistent rythm" ... where in the first sets, you are pumping up pure adrenalin on veins, and so, it's easier to perform much better and having an ultra sharpen reaction, both offensive and defensive .... along the long sets (more than one hour), you have not that high energy working anymore, so, you lose focus, concentration and attention .... pure normal consequence
Interesting. This is what happened to me and I was wondering why tf were I losing there. Any tip to fix that? Usually, when someone pressures me too much, I tick over and do any shit without ever thinking, as if in UI mode.

xenogorgeous

Interesting. This is what happened to me and I was wondering why tf were I losing there. Any tip to fix that? Usually, when someone pressures me too much, I tick over and do any shit without ever thinking, as if in UI mode.
they say masturbation helps to "come back" to the initial adrenaline rush mood, so .... :p

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Adrenaline makes you focus but too much of it and it has the opposite effect. You have to be able to maintain enough adrenaline butt also have confidence as to not stress out to hinder your performance. Taking small breaks drinking water all help.

xenogorgeous

Adrenaline makes you focus but too much of it and it has the opposite effect. You have to be able to maintain enough adrenaline butt also have confidence as to not stress out to hinder your performance. Taking small breaks drinking water all help.
that's right .... a lot of pro players, just give their best in the first minutes of matches of any competitive game, and then, they give a break, to relax for some minutes, doing normal stuff as smoking a cigarette, taking a shower, consulting internet, giving a call to someone, and , in some cases, even having sex (sometimes hidden), hehe .... :D

people from tennis, football and others high demanding effort sports do this all the time: put adrenaline and stress at the initial stages of competition, take break, relax, come back, give all effort, take a break again, relax, and keep this until the end of competition .... how to measure this at competitive scenario , without exageration, is a major master skill , hehe ;)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
What do people think about Adderal? You can focus at a high lvl for a long time with improved concentration. I personally think most top players take it but not all.

xenogorgeous

What do people think about Adderal? You can focus at a high lvl for a long time with improved concentration. I personally think most top players take it but not all.
seems to work as more a temporary concentration boost , something that a marijuana joint can do too, hehe :cool:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
that's right .... a lot of pro players, just give their best in the first minutes of matches of any competitive game, and then, they give a break, to relax for some minutes, doing normal stuff as smoking a cigarette, taking a shower, consulting internet, giving a call to someone, and , in some cases, even having sex (sometimes hidden), hehe .... :D

people from tennis, football and others high demanding effort sports do this all the time: put adrenaline and stress at the initial stages of competition, take break, relax, come back, give all effort, take a break again, relax, and keep this until the end of competition .... how to measure this at competitive scenario , without exageration, is a major master skill , hehe ;)
I see. I'll learn to take a break before resuming. Thanks for the info.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Thanks for this. I definitely have improved a ton since MKX/I2 thanks to playing other games like KI/SFV but sometimes I still get discouraged. I have A TON of online matches played and I feel like my skill does not reflect the amount of time and games I have played. Maybe too much auto piloting? Not labbing enough? No consistent training partners? Probably all of the above but I guess I need to start working on that stuff instead of just getting bummed out lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Thanks for this. I definitely have improved a ton since MKX/I2 thanks to playing other games like KI/SFV but sometimes I still get discouraged. I have A TON of online matches played and I feel like my skill does not reflect the amount of time and games I have played. Maybe too much auto piloting? Not labbing enough? No consistent training partners? Probably all of the above but I guess I need to start working on that stuff instead of just getting bummed out lol
Training partners definitely helps a lot. Running long sets with good players is what helped me improve so much.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Same here. I feel I should be a lot better than I actually am.

I need to play more people that give advice and insight after matches and inform players on stuff that's punishable and went unpunished and all that.