What's new

Artillery Strike And Why It Is AMAZING (A Second Look)

I have been hearing comments from people, reading them on Youtube, and also hearing them from Youtubers that Artillery Strike is trash. I am here to tell you that that is the furthest thing from the truth. Many people in this community will write off a move only after giving it a few minutes of testing or after seeing it in action used improperly. Last week I decided to lab this move since people were talking about how bad it is and let me tell you it is pretty incredible. I have not seen any posts, whether it be in video form or text that covers this so let me be the first.

Artillery Strike is a special move that 109 frames of start up which is extremely slow and quite useless as a zoning tool like people are using it as. However, as a setup tool it is +58 on block and yes, you can get a guaranteed setup to give you that block pressure.

THE LOADOUT
Snare Trap (DB3)
Artillery Strike (BF2) Has a close and far variation by hold either forward or backwards.

THE SETUP
Starter xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike

The Timing:
After the Snare Trap lands you have to wait for Rambo to glow then you back dash and input Artillery Strike.

The Follow Up:
After you input Artillery Strike you dash in twice and from here you are given a lot of options.

B121/B12 xx Snare Trap - This mix-up is fuzzy guardable which if the opponent does know this and is doing it then this is when B1 xx Snare Trap comes into play to break the fuzzy guard. This allows for your BnB combo of B12/B1 xx Snare Trap xx Deep JIP2, JIP2, B221 xx DB4 (More at the end of this post). This entire sequence will grant you 46% with 2 bars of meter. This is considering the opponent blocks the first two hits of B12 which is usually the case.

You can also go with:
B224/B2 staggers
B1 staggers
Stand 1 auto shimmies
Grab
Jump in kick with plus frame pressure
Really anything your heart desires

One really cool thing about this is even if they block the follow up it is still 20% unbreakable damage and if you can get the grab it becomes 34% and even if they get hit by the Artillery Strike it is 25% and you are still in their face for more pressure.

Another thing I really like doing if I'm not sure the mix-up will hit is after Artillery Strike I will go with B12 xx BF4 Hold back and it will either hit or keep me safe on block seeing as it will catch the opponent off guard on block and they will not be able to react in time to punish. This is around 23% when the follow up it blocked and or 28% when landed.

BEATING THEIR WAKEUP OPTIONS

Of course all of this sounds great, but you may be asking, what about U3, roll, delayed wakeup etc. One of the great things about this setup is there is only one read you have to make and that is if they will wake up or not.

They can't delay wakeup because every follow up you are going with is usually a meaty besides the grab.
They can't roll away because every follow up usually has to many attacks it will still punish them.

U2 does not have armor

The only problem becomes U3 which the armor will go through the Artillery Strike and punish you, and Forward roll which will cause the opponent to roll behind you and punish your active frames. Now I haven't tested this on every character, but if you read they are going to wake up what you are going to do is dash once, wait for them to either roll or U3 and punish with B33 xx Snare Trap into full combo or another setup. Both OKI options work for both wakeup scenarios which is why I say there is only two reads. Either they wake up or they don't. This becomes a huge debilitating mind game for the opponent and the damage you get means the reward is higher than the risk.

THE NEGATIVES
The only guarantee way to get them to hold Artillery Strike is after Snare Trap. However, once you have the opponent conditioned with the Snare Trap setup you can start doing B221 xx Close Artillery Strike since they will be conditioned to hold block when the strike comes down. They can do any forward advancing move to punish you, but the key is to have them conditioned first. This also works with F12, B221 xx Artillery Strike

Another big downfall is not the move in and of itself, but the fact that Snare Trap is two slots. If it was one slot you could equip FUBAR and now instead of grabbing after the setup you could command grab and your OKI game would be even stronger and have more damage at the end of combos along with being able to AMP the command grab. You could also equip Leopard Krawl which would make tick throwing after the setup something insanely dangerous as the mixups would be in abundance along with being able to just open your opponent up whenever you like and Leopard Krawl being able to bypass your opponent fuzzy guarding the Snare Trap 50/50's. But, Snare Trap is two slots so none of this is possible which Leopard Krawl and FUBAR are some of the best things Rambo has going for him.

IN CLOSING
I highly recommend any Rambo player to try this out and I guaranteed it will change your mind if you think the move is bad. This variation is by far my favorite. Do I think it is his strongest loadout? No, but it is very strong and can catch many people off guard if they have never fought it before and give you some easy wins and definitely Quitality. I was playing this past weekend in many different KOTH's, Looking for groups, KL, friends and everyone was shocked at how good it was and why they aren't seeing this used by more players. If anyone wants to lab this and debunk anything I had to say feel free so I can get in the lab and tighten up this setup to make it stronger.

Side Note:
Rambo's B33 is an amazing OKI tool. Use it.
Artillery Strike can be used at a far distance when trying to get in, but I find BF4 better, but it is a way to mix up your options to get in.

BONUS: SETUP SEQUENCES
All damage was calculated having the dummy block the B12 follow up and getting hit with Snare Trap for the sake of consistency. This seems to be the most common way I've been opening people up during the follow up pressure along with B1 xx Snare Trap which will do 1% less damage. The -- notation signifies the double dash in follow up after Artillery Strike to apply pressure.

B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP 2, JIP2, B221 xx DB4 46% 2 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP2, F4 (ARMOR BREAK) 54% 2 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP 2, Dash, B33 xx BF4 (To Load BF4 KB) 42% 2 Bar

B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx BF4 = 28% 1 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx BF4 (AMP) KB = 49% 2 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B121 = 28% 1 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - Grab = 34% 1 Bar

B221 follow up gives the same damage as B12 except the B1 stagger into grab is a lot better seeing as B1 is -1

EDIT:

The opponent not knowing how to play against this can make getting the setup off a bit slow. I have noticed many people will try to jump out of the first Artillery Strike setup. What I have been doing is going in with B1 xx BF 4 (Hold Back). This will hit the opponent for around 30% if they jump and a little less if they don't and get caught by BF4. If they block you are usually safe because the opponent is caught off guard by BF4 and won't punish in time. Once this happens once or twice the opponent WILL start blocking. This is where the B1 reactable mix-ups comes into play. No one seems to be labbing Rambo so this mix-up hits people all the time. Snare Trap is very reactable, even online. Even so, this is where you start staggering into grab and a whole new mind game begins and opens up with Snare Trap because they are waiting to punish grab.

Last edited:

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I have been hearing comments from people, reading them on Youtube, and also hearing them from Youtubers that Artillery Strike is trash. I am here to tell you that that is the furthest thing from the truth. Many people in this community will write off a move only after giving it a few minutes of testing or after seeing it in action used improperly. Last week I decided to lab this move since people were talking about how bad it is and let me tell you it is pretty incredible. I have not seen any posts, whether it be in video form or text that covers this so let me be the first.

Artillery Strike is a special move that 109 frames of start up which is extremely slow and quite useless as a zoning tool like people are using it as. However, as a setup tool it is +58 on block and yes, you can get a guaranteed setup to give you that block pressure.

THE LOADOUT
Snare Trap (DB3)
Artillery Strike (BF2) Has a close and far variation by hold either forward or backwards.

THE SETUP

The Timing:
After the Snare Trap lands you have to wait for Rambo to glow then you back dash and input Artillery Strike.

The Follow Up:
After you input Artillery Strike you dash in twice and from here you are given a lot of options.

B121/B12 xx Snare Trap - This mix-up is fuzzy guardable which if the opponent does know this and is doing it then this is when B1 xx Snare Trap comes into play to break the fuzzy guard. This allows for your BnB combo of B12/B1 xx Snare Trap xx Deep JIP2, JIP2, B221 xx DB4 (More at the end of this post). This entire sequence will grant you 46% with 2 bars of meter. This is considering the opponent blocks the first two hits of B12 which is usually the case.

You can also go with:
B224/B2 staggers
B1 staggers
Stand 1 auto shimmies
Grab

One really cool thing about this is even if they block the follow up it is still 20% unbreakable damage and if you can get the grab it becomes 34% and even if they get hit by the Artillery Strike it is 25% and you are still in their face for more pressure.

Another thing I really like doing if I'm not sure the mix-up will hit is after Artillery Strike I will go with B12 xx BF4 Hold back and it will either hit or keep me safe on block seeing as it will catch the opponent off guard on block and they will not be able to react in time to punish. This is around 23% when the follow up it blocked and or 28% when landed.

Of course all of this sounds great, but you may be asking, what about U3, roll, delayed wakeup etc. One of the great things about this setup is there is only one read you have to make and that is if they will wake up or not.

They can't delay wakeup because every follow up you are going with is usually a meaty besides the grab.
They can't roll away because every follow up usually has to many attacks it will still punish them.

U2 does not have armor

The only problem becomes U3 which the armor will go through the Artillery Strike and punish you, and Forward roll which will cause the opponent to roll behind you and punish your active frames. Now I haven't tested this on every character, but if you read they are going to wake up what you are going to do is dash once, wait for them to either roll or U3 and punish with B33 xx Snare Trap into full combo or another setup. Both OKI options work for both wakeup scenarios which is why I say there is only two reads. Either they wake up or they don't. This becomes a huge debilitating mind game for the opponent and the damage you get means the reward is higher than the risk.

THE NEGATIVES
You can only guarantee way to get them to hold Artillery Strike is after Snare Trap. However, once you have the opponent conditioned with the Snare Trap setup you can start doing B221 xx Close Artillery Strike since they will be conditioned to hold block when the strike comes down. They can do any forward advancing move to punish you, but the key is to have them conditioned first. This also works with F12, B221 xx Artillery Strike

Another big downfall is not the move in and of itself, but the fact that Snare Trap is two slots. If it was one slot you could equip FUBAR and now instead of grabbing after the setup you could command grab and your OKI game would be even stronger and have more damage at the end of combos along with being able to AMP the command grab. You could also equip Leopard Krawl which would make tick throwing after the setup something insanely dangerous as the mixups would be in abundance along with being able to just open your opponent up whenever you like and Leopard Krawl being able to bypass your opponent fuzzy guarding the Snare Trap 50/50's. But, Snare Trap is two slots so none of this is possible which Leopard Krawl and FUBAR are some of the best things Rambo has going for him.

IN CLOSING
I highly recommend any Rambo player to try this out and I guaranteed it will change your mind if you think the move is bad. This variation is by far my favorite. Do I think it is his strongest loadout? No, but it is very strong and can catch many people off guard if they have never fought it before and give you some easy wins and definitely Quitality. I was playing this past weekend in many different KOTH's, Looking for groups, KL, friends and everyone was shocked at how good it was and why they aren't seeing this used by more players. If anyone wants to lab this and debunk anything I had to say feel free so I can get in the lab and tighten up this setup to make it stronger.

Side Note:
Artillery Strike can be used at a far distance when trying to get in, but I find BF4 better, but it is a way to mix up your options to get in.

All damage was calculated having the dummy block the B12 follow up and getting hit with Snare Trap for the sake of consistency. This seems to be the most common way I've been opening people up during the follow up pressure along with B1 xx Snare Trap which will do 1% less damage. The -- notation signifies the double dash in follow up after Artillery Strike to apply pressure.

B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP 2, JIP2, B221 xx DB4 46% 2 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP2, F4 (ARMOR BREAK) 54% 2 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx Snare Trap (AMP) Deep JIP 2, Dash, B33 xx BF4 (To Load BF4 KB) 42% 2 Bar

B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx BF4 = 28% 1 Bar
B33 xx Snare Trap xx Back Dash xx Artillery Strike (AMP) - - B12 xx BF4 (AMP) KB = 49% 2 Bar

B221 follow up gives the same damage as B12 except the B1 stagger into grab is a lot better seeing as B1 is -1
Can you post a video?

Can you post a video?
I don't have the technology to post videos or I'd have a youtube channel full of stuff like this that people are missing out on. Are you having trouble understanding what I was talking about or just wondering if I have a video so you don't have to read the whole thing?

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I don't have the technology to post videos or I'd have a youtube channel full of stuff like this that people are missing out on. Are you having trouble understanding what I was talking about or just wondering if I have a video so you don't have to read the whole thing?
Just wondering, I might be able to make the video and give you credit.

Just wondering, I might be able to make the video and give you credit.
Oh ok cool. Yeah, definitely do that. A video would be a lot of concise I just don't have the capability. I've mentioned this to a youtuber called Rooflemonger, Fighter101, and Exithunt, but I don't know if they will look into it or not. I really think I got something here and it just baffles me why no one is talking about thin especially how many people wanted Rambo do be a setup character.

Last edited:

Malec

Noob
Why would you do that instead of just do a regular combo after your first trap hits? This dosent make any sense to me. And you will never condition someone to hold block a 100+frame startup move.
The problem with Strike isnt the slow startup, that nobody uses it, the tiny hitbox is the issue.

Why would you do that instead of just do a regular combo after your first trap hits? This dosent make any sense to me. And you will never condition someone to hold block a 100+frame startup move.
The problem with Strike isnt the slow startup, that nobody uses it, the tiny hitbox is the issue.
The reason you go for a the follow up as with any setup is to get more damage especially using B12/B1 Snare Trap which leads to upwards of 45%. That is insanely good.

Yes, they will hold block because they have to. If they don't hold block they are taking the hit from Artillery Strike which allows you to dash in and you still have your pressure. You will have to make the same read whether they wakeup or not, but in any case you can dash in to round start spacing and will beat any wakeup option they have and if they don't wake up you can pressure with normals. This is a win win situations whether they block or not. If they block the strike they are in this wakeup roll/U3 and if they get hit by it they are still in the same situation but now they took a bit more damage.

The small hitbox on Artillery Strike is irrelevant when used in the manner I am talking about because it WILL hit them or force them to block and hit them blocking causing the plus frames. The only time the hit box on the move matters is when using it in neutral which is terrible.

Malec

Noob
The reason you go for a the follow up as with any setup is to get more damage especially using B12/B1 Snare Trap which leads to upwards of 45%. That is insanely good.

Yes, they will hold block because they have to. If they don't hold block they are taking the hit from Artillery Strike which allows you to dash in and you still have your pressure. You will have to make the same read whether they wakeup or not, but in any case you can dash in to round start spacing and will beat any wakeup option they have and if they don't wake up you can pressure with normals. This is a win win situations whether they block or not. If they block the strike they are in this wakeup roll/U3 and if they get hit by it they are still in the same situation but now they took a bit more damage.

The small hitbox on Artillery Strike is irrelevant when used in the manner I am talking about because it WILL hit them or force them to block and hit them blocking causing the plus frames. The only time the hit box on the move matters is when using it in neutral which is terrible.
Sorry but non of this works. B1 trap and B12 trap is not a mixup. ANY STRING on block followed by close strike gets beaten by EVERYTHING, it dosent have to be advancing. Maybe a Video helps, but in theory non of this makes sense.

Sorry but non of this works. B1 trap and B12 trap is not a mixup. ANY STRING on block followed by close strike gets beaten by EVERYTHING, it dosent have to be advancing. Maybe a Video helps, but in theory non of this makes sense.
Did you read my entire post because I go over all of this.

I'm not saying do a string into Artillery Strike. I'm not saying that at all. In fact that is a horrible way to try and set it up. It does get beaten out by everything. I mentioned in my post when to use B221 and F122 into it, but you never should even go for that. I listed it as something to go for once they are condition to block way into the set. I mentioned this is THE NEGATIVE part of the post. If you do B221 xx Artillery Strike or F122 B221 xx Artillery Strike then yes you have to use the close version and yes they have to use an advancing attack. But that isn't even the point of my post. That is was just a little something extra I threw in. I never said do B12 or B1 into Artillery Strike. That is HORRIBLE. The point of the post is the setup below.

The mixup:
B12 into Snare Trap(Low) can be fuzzy guarder that is why you mix it up with B1 Snare Trap. It is a legit OH/Low mixup. B121 is a Mid, OH,OH. Cancelling B12 into Snare Trap goes from Mid, OH, OH to Mid, OH, Low so the last hit becomes a guess. However this can be fuzzy guarded. B12 is Mid, OH. B1 Snare Trap is Mid, Low so now they are guessing between a 3 way mixup.

The setup:
B33/B1/B12/B22/12 canceled into Snare Trap (This is DB3, the low special move that hangs them in the air) Now once Rambo lights up or glows from the Amplified version you then back dash while they are hanging and do the Artillery Strike input BF3. The Grenade will then come down on them as they fall out of the snare and they either have to block, wake up with up 3 Armor, or Roll Forward, or Roll backward, or get hit by the grenade. If they roll forward or wake up with armored up 3 you can dash forward and punish both options depending on the character you are fighting. Fighting a character like Scorpion you have to dash up then micro step back then punish. If they block, get hit, or roll backward you can dash twice and you are guaranteed to get a follow up pressure situations like the ones I mentioned. Many of the times you can do B12 into Snare Trap and do the basic BnB's and this whole scenario will net you 45%

This is not theory. I have labbed this and have put it into practice. I played this all weekend against KL, random Kasuals, in a ton of KOTH's, against many of my training buddies ... it works. It is amazing. Sorry, I can't make a video because I don't have the means, but I tried to ex[plain it as best as possible. You DO NOT do Artillery Strike after a string. You do it after an Amplified Snare Trap and back dash. That is the key to getting them to hold the Artillery Strike as they wake up to get you pressure. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

THE LOADOUT
Snare Trap (DB3)

THE SETUP

The Timing:

The Follow Up:

You can also go with:
B224/B2 staggers
B1 staggers
Stand 1 auto shimmies
Grab

U2 does not have armor

THE NEGATIVES
The only guarantee way to get them to hold Artillery Strike is after Snare Trap. However, once you have the opponent conditioned with the Snare Trap setup you can start doing B221 xx Close Artillery Strike since they will be conditioned to hold block when the strike comes down. They can do any forward advancing move to punish you, but the key is to have them conditioned first. This also works with F12, B221 xx Artillery Strike

IN CLOSING

Side Note:

Yo thanks for this man, I tried some sets with this loadout and it was mad fun

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Thanks for the write up, but I'm having difficulty understanding why, after connecting with amplified snare, would you go for a pressure set-up that might net you damage instead of completing the combo? I mean, I'm on record saying Snare Trap is over valued and the combo damage isn't good enough to give up his other tools, and I like set-ups, so I'm sympathetic! But I mean when you've made the hit, spent the bar, and have the fish in the boat, you might as well whack it with an oar, right?

The only real thing I see here is maybe using the pressure situation to go for Rambo's grab KB. That would be a set up worth giving up guaranteed combo damage, but it's once a match and then you're still stuck using Snare Trap/Artillery. No Krawl, no FUBAR, no commando strings. Seems pretty weak without those other tools.

Maybe I'm missing something. Would love to see it in action to get a real feel for the concept.

Thanks for the write up, but I'm having difficulty understanding why, after connecting with amplified snare, would you go for a pressure set-up that might net you damage instead of completing the combo? I mean, I'm on record saying Snare Trap is over valued and the combo damage isn't good enough to give up his other tools, and I like set-ups, so I'm sympathetic! But I mean when you've made the hit, spent the bar, and have the fish in the boat, you might as well whack it with an oar, right?

The only real thing I see here is maybe using the pressure situation to go for Rambo's grab KB. That would be a set up worth giving up guaranteed combo damage, but it's once a match and then you're still stuck using Snare Trap/Artillery. No Krawl, no FUBAR, no commando strings. Seems pretty weak without those other tools.

Maybe I'm missing something. Would love to see it in action to get a real feel for the concept.
" when you've made the hit, spent the bar, and have the fish in the boat, you might as well whack it with an oar, right?"

This is the problem I have with many setups in this game. I feel like one in the hand is better than two in the bush. Th exception is this setup. There are many reasons I think it is worth going for.

• 45% damage for 2 bars of meter
  • If they are tryin to wake up and you make the read it can make the opponent feel helpless and put them on tilt.
  • You can go setup into another setup into a grab and get 45% unbreakable dmg. Of course it's all on reading if the opponent is waking up or not, but the potential in there and it isn't hard to make these reads.
  • One specific reason I like this setup in particularly is because the main follow up after Artillery Strike is a pretty nasty mixup (B12 Snare/B1 Snare) that the opponent usually gets hit by which almost guarantees the 45% damage. And if if you just grab them (which is just another layer to the mixup) you are getting more damage for 1 bar than you normally would. This is really good used in moderation because the opponent is always expecting the B1 pressure and they are holding block ready to guess the mix.
  • Lets say you go for the normal Snare Trap combo and dont read a breakaway. You are getting 25%. With this setup you are getting 20%, but also have the opportunity for way more damage because of the follow up. You are still having to make a read either breakaway or the wakeup on setup, but I feel like the opportunity for so much damage is worth it.
"The only real thing I see here is maybe using the pressure situation to go for Rambo's grab KB. That would be a set up worth giving up guaranteed combo damage, but it's once a match and then you're still stuck using Snare Trap/Artillery. No Krawl, no FUBAR, no commando strings. Seems pretty weak without those other tools."

I totally forgot to mention his grab KB, but yeah it is incredible too.
As I mentioned, not having FUBAR, and Leopard Krawl is a down fall and I don't think it is his best, but I do think it is very viable and it is really fun. The B12/B1/Grab follow ups are so simple yet extremely effective. You will be surprised at how many times you will land it putting them right back into a Snare Trap. There is so much more mixups that go on with BF4 and it's KB, jump in kicks frame trapping them and opening them back up, the Grab KB, it is kind of nuts and has so much to do and think about that it makes it really fun. Many characters can get stale or make you go on autopilot and this doesn't. You are always being creative and actively thinking about what to do.

Anyway, it is all down to personal preference if you think it is worth going for or not. The point of my post is the show that Artillery Strike doesn't suck and I think is actually a great move. I also wanted to show that Rambo does have setups because many people are talking mad crap about this character and obviously they have no clue as to what they are talking about. I hope you give this loadout a try and tell me how it went. Maybe you can find out some weaknesses or maybe something stronger. I will be playing with this a lot more today so if I find anything I will be updating. The important thing is everything I wrote about was actually used in real matches. I played last weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for a total of about 26 hrs so I know it works. At least in those sessions it was. I will continue to play though to solidify it.

Last edited:
Yo thanks for this man, I tried some sets with this loadout and it was mad fun
How often were you able to pull off the entire setup sequences? It seems like many people on here are looking at it and not thinking it is worth it or thinking it isn't very viable. I have been doing them consistently delete life bars left and right. It's crazy how quickly you will see their life bar go from 100 to 30 with a set up a bit of neutral and a grab or two.

It is really fun. That is the main reason I like it. It's really amusing when someone has never seen it and they don't know what to do or even that they can wake up or roll and they just hold the follow up all game and get frustrated and rage quit.

Wrenchfarm

Thanks for the detailed response!
  • Lets say you go for the normal Snare Trap combo and dont read a breakaway. You are getting 25%. With this setup you are getting 20%, but also have the opportunity for way more damage because of the follow up. You are still having to make a read either breakaway or the wakeup on setup, but I feel like the opportunity for so much damage is worth it.
This is a good way to think of things. I typically will also sacrifice a bit of combo damage for reset or set up opportunities, so I get the impulse here.

I think if Snare Trap was one slot and you could take it, Artillery, and one other tool this would be a really appealing idea. With Snare being two slots though, I think you give up a little too much for it. That's me though, glad you're enjoying and winning with it!

Thanks for the detailed response!

This is a good way to think of things. I typically will also sacrifice a bit of combo damage for reset or set up opportunities, so I get the impulse here.

I think if Snare Trap was one slot and you could take it, Artillery, and one other tool this would be a really appealing idea. With Snare being two slots though, I think you give up a little too much for it. That's me though, glad you're enjoying and winning with it!
If Snare Trap was 1 slot I would also take Leopard Krawl. That seems extremely busted to me because now the follow up mix is even crazier with all the strings and buttons Krawl ticks off of. And besides that, just the damage it racks up in it's regular gameplay. yeah, when I'm actually trying to win I play this loadout: Leopard Krawl, FUBAR, Commando.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
If Snare Trap was 1 slot I would also take Leopard Krawl. That seems extremely busted to me because now the follow up mix is even crazier with all the strings and buttons Krawl ticks off of. And besides that, just the damage it racks up in it's regular gameplay. yeah, when I'm actually trying to win I play this loadout: Leopard Krawl, FUBAR, Commando.
Im gonna post the video soon, so we can get a visual representation, but I found a issue. The artillery strike isn't plus 55 on block. The game is counting the amount of frames its on the screen. It looks like at the very least its 0 on block. There's literally no stun. Give me 20 min to finish the vid and ill show you guys

Wrenchfarm

Im gonna post the video soon, so we can get a visual representation, but I found a issue. The artillery strike isn't plus 55 on block. The game is counting the amount of frames its on the screen. It looks like at the very least its 0 on block. There's literally no stun. Give me 20 min to finish the vid and ill show you guys
???
There is no way that's the case. I mean, Rambo can move before the strike even hits, that's all plus on block.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
???
There is no way that's the case. I mean, Rambo can move before the strike even hits, that's all plus on block.
So can the opponent, Its not like its a laser beam that keeps them in place. The active frames are only on the end of the animation when the strike hits the ground. If you let the artillery hit on block you have no frames to wait it has to be right after

Wrenchfarm

Yes, the opponent can move while it's being fired, and there is no blocked string you can cancel into that will keep them in place long enough for Rambo to pull out a grenade, toss it, and have the attack hit. Not by a long shot!

What the OP is describing though is keeping them in the amped snare trap while using the move, they should be released from the trap just as the strike hits, meaning they HAVE to block, at which point you have all the advantage in the world to pressure them.

I think we might be miscommunicating or misunderstanding the set up.

Yes, the opponent can move while it's being fired, and there is no blocked string you can cancel into that will keep them in place long enough for Rambo to pull out a grenade, toss it, and have the attack hit. Not by a long shot!

What the OP is describing though is keeping them in the amped snare trap while using the move, they should be released from the trap just as the strike hits, meaning they HAVE to block, at which point you have all the advantage in the world to pressure them.

I think we might be miscommunicating or misunderstanding the set up.
Yes, you are correct. I am talking about using it after Snare Trap which means they have to block the Artillery Strike allowing you to go in with pressure. Being plus on block means nothing. This is what makes it good. Using it after a block string is trash. I never said that was good or even mentioned using it that way. The only other way I mentioned using it was after B221 once you have it in the opponents head that they have to block or in neutral to get in which both of these aren't even that good.

Last edited: