What's new

Article: NetherRealms Studios Would Like to See Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks Remastered

I would love to see this happen.

If they remaster:

* Online Co-op, more unlockable's/archievements, add hardcore difficulty and add more characters in vs mode.

If they remake MK:SM, this is tricky bc i don't like how NRS rebooted the MK series. So if they do:

* keep it in the same Art style, very MK 2-ish. Stages and color wise i like to see it how it was back in the original MK: SM.

Speaking of remasters, MK-3D era series: MK: Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. Awesome trilogy from the 3D-era.

The best remaster i wish to see happen is MK9. Region free, improved Netcode and get rid of the input bugs etc. And if it's not too much work, balance few of the OP characters. Even without major improvements i will buy MK9 remastered. Just to play it online again.

And maybe it's time to make Mortal Kombat 4K now... Just joking =P

Last edited:

Makuholick

Killa Queen
I don't know about that. Ask 100 MK fans if they'd rather have a remastered MK9 with good netcode or if they'd rather have a beat 'em up they'd get sick of playing after a few hours.
First of all, this is a subjective description. Most MK fans probably don't even know what netcode is.
Second, if it's 100 random fans, then I'm sure they'd rather have a distinct concept than the same busted fighters with new graphics every 4 years which is easier to get sick of anyways.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
First of all, this is a subjective description. Most MK fans probably don't even know what netcode is.
Second, if it's 100 random fans, then I'm sure they'd rather have a distinct concept than the same busted fighters with new graphics every 4 years which is easier to get sick of anyways.
Anyone who doesn't know what netcode is doesn't understand what a busted fighter is, either. They won't be complaining about Kabal's NDC's. They just play the game for fun. I also feel like a good majority of casual fans don't even remember Shaolin Monks.

Agree to disagree, I guess.